Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanspree setup? does it exist?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Bought a 42 inch hannspree for €390..its my first lcd :)

cant seem to set it up at all, for dvd or to tune in the free channels.

I have it running on my analog chorus setup and two scarts runnin into the dvd and tv but i get no picture or sound from dvd.

Cant seem to find any online manuals either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You have SCART cables running from the Chorus digital box and the DVD player to the TV, right?

One of the pins in a SCART cable is used to send a signal to the TV to switch over to that source so when you play a movie on the DVD player, the TV should switch to that SCART socket to receive the movie.

If it doesn't switch automatically, look at the SCART socket on the back of the TV, it should be called AV1 or AV2 or EXT1 or EXT2 or something similar. Now look at the TV remote control, can you see a button marked 'AV' or 'Source'? This button should allow you to manually select the source for the signal you want to watch, whether that's the signal from the Chorus digital box or the DVD player.

Advertisement