Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsuccessful Interview..no call however

• 28-08-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I always thought that if you were luck enough to get an interview then the least that would happen in the event that you didnt get the job was that the Principal or DP would telephone to explain that. Perhaps they might also give some feedback..perhaps not.

Ive had 2 interviews lately where this has not happened..

Is it just me or are others noticing this trend too?

Personally I would expect to get a call -no matter how brief -if nothing else just out of courtesy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

It's been a while since I did an interview but the last time I did an unsuccessful one, I didn't find out until I called to ask about it (and at that stage I already knew that I didn't get it just by the time elapsed).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Leesider71

Roughly how long did you wait for? One of the jobs I applied for was a local ETB so I was really surprised by that.
    I just think that for the say 5 - 8 people called to interview its not a huge task to set aside 30 mins and call each unsuccessful one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I couldn't tell you to be honest. I imagine it wasn't so long that I was certain I didn't get it (or I wouldn't have bothered) but it was long enough that I more or less knew. I'd guess probably two or three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

There seems to be a serious disconnect between some principals and teachers looking for work.It takes very little effort on a principals behalf to call the person after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Leesider71

Can I take it then Maynooth_rules that your experiences are similiar to mine? Either the principal or deputy could call - just make it someone please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

90% of interviews I've had, I've never heard back at all. The other 10% is usually a response by email or letter. You learn to leave the interview and move on to the next knowing you may never hear back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Wow I've alwYs heard back from the interview - not froman application though. But interviews yes.
    I know by that evening if I haven't gotten the job - they always ring that evening if you're successful. Oftentimes I've gotten the rejection letter in the post the next day - don't think I've ever waited beyond a week to hear back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 karennolan87

Unusual to get call with feedback. You are entitled to call them and ask for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

There was a job advertised for a school in Tallaght a couple of weeks ago, due to start today. The job requested a stamp addressed envelope with application, which I of course did. They didn't even have the decency to let me know how my application went even when given a stamped addressed envelope:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

There was a job advertised for a school in Tallaght a couple of weeks ago, due to start today. The job requested a stamp addressed envelope with application, which I of course did. They didn't even have the decency to let me know how my application went even when given a stamped addressed envelope:rolleyes:

This really annoys me. There was a couple of jobs I applied for during the summer which asked for the same and I didn't get any of them back. It is expensive enough posting job applications without having to add the extra cost of sending a SAE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That's happened to me too. Tightness of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

sarahb82 wrote: »
    This really annoys me. There was a couple of jobs I applied for during the summer which asked for the same and I didn't get any of them back. It is expensive enough posting job applications without having to add the extra cost of sending a SAE.

This buggs me more than any other aspect of an already infuriating system. Although I went for an interview last year and I accidently found out beforehand from the person who had the job already in the bag that the job I was going for was already gone. I did the dip with that person so she didn't realise to be coy on the subject.

Advertisement