Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argon 18 Bikes

Options
  • 12-01-2015 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

is anyone riding a Gallium ? I was going to buy a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX frameset this month but someone said the Argon 18 are great frames. I'm just looking for some feedback before I buy :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

I have an Argon 18 bike, TT one though. Can't fault it, never had any problems with it and even though it's few years old and I've changed road bikes a few times I've no desire to change the TT bike.

A big plus for me is if your buying it thru base2race. Great service from the lads in the shop and if anything does go wrong or you have any questions or need help after buying it they will look after you. They used to include a bike fit in with the price of the bike but not sure anymore. (I've no connection with base2race, just a happy customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

They look great and were great value when I was considering buying one a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

joey100 wrote: »
    I have an Argon 18 bike, TT one though. Can't fault it, never had any problems with it and even though it's few years old and I've changed road bikes a few times I've no desire to change the TT bike.

A big plus for me is if your buying it thru base2race. Great service from the lads in the shop and if anything does go wrong or you have any questions or need help after buying it they will look after you. They used to include a bike fit in with the price of the bike but not sure anymore. (I've no connection with base2race, just a happy customer).
    Have to agree would buy nowhere else I bought there a couple of weeks back and have a free bike fit booked in super shop and staff that know bikes and like to talk bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hillman18

Purchased a 2015 Gallium pro from Base2race, wonderful bike to ride and would be happy to recommend to anyone considering a out and out race bike, grate service from Base2race always a pleasure to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Gallium Pro, just wish I'd the fitness and legs to justify it! delighted with it though.

Very smooth, proper stiff and most definitely a racing frame it's quite quick. Longer top tube than any bike I'd previously ridden so my back is just getting used to it.

bike was built up over Xmas, frame bought second hand, thanks to the lad who sold it on from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Lovely bike... I'm stuck between the Gallium and a Canyon. Whats the comfort like over distance?
    Taxuser1 wrote: »
    I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Gallium Pro, just wish I'd the fitness and legs to justify it! delighted with it though.

Very smooth, proper stiff and most definitely a racing frame it's quite quick. Longer top tube than any bike I'd previously ridden so my back is just getting used to it.

bike was built up over Xmas, frame bought second hand, thanks to the lad who sold it on from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Diggabot wrote: »
    Lovely bike... I'm stuck between the Gallium and a Canyon. Whats the comfort like over distance?

to be honest i'm not after getting out past 2 hours and I wouldn't judge its comfort on that given that it was my first spin in 3 months. I've also an all carbon saddle on so you can feel everything.

it pedals sweetly, it takes the bumps though without going through you but it's sleek and stiff enough to make it possibly a little uncomfortable for the leisure cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

http://www.destock-cycle.fr/Mobile/MBSCProduct.asp?pdtid=12641056
    Spotted this earlier and looks like a good price if interested in an Argon 18

Advertisement