Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left tablet on a plane

Options
  • 05-06-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I left an lg tablet on my flight last week. It was the 640 flight from Dublin to Barcelona, so I was a bit fuzzy. I left it in the seat compartment. I emailed them over a week ago but got no response.
    What is the best course of action to try to get it back? Do Aer lingus leave it in at the airport or where does it go as lost property?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This poster lost a tablet recently but on an inbound flight (which might have been in his favour) and there was a happy ending....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90542139

On an inbound flight the item will probably be found by an Aer Lingus employee, over in Barcelona the plane might get a quick going over by contractors working for the minimum wage so the chances of a valuable (and very resalable) item like a tablet being handed up are probably smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

spurious wrote: »
    Ring them.

Do this. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The item would have removed from the plane in Barcelona by the cleaning staff/airstaff during the turnaround. Probably best to look on Barcelona website to see if there is a email/phone number for lost and found there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Miaireland wrote: »
    The item would have removed from the plane in Barcelona by the cleaning staff/airstaff during the turnaround. Probably best to look on Barcelona website to see if there is a email/phone number for lost and found there.

I think there's a flaw in that logic. If the cleaning staff were allowed to take found items off the plane (in theory to hand them in to lost and found) then pretty much nothing mistakenly left on planes would ever turn up again.

I'd be inclined to think that their instructions say that the item has to be handed over to a member of the cabin crew, especially since it's a turnaround and there's bound to be at least one (if not all) of the crew still onboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement