Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair baggage

Options
  • 12-05-2014 1:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

I don't understand what's the maximum weight and size of the baggage in Ryanair reading their page. w ww.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-checkedbaggage/

I bought 15Kg for cabin baggage.

My doubts are: what are the maximum size of that baggage, and what's the maximum size and weight of the hand baggage.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cabin baggage can be no more than 10kg

From http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-cabinbaggage/
    CABIN BAGGAGE

One cabin bag per passenger* weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms.

Due to cabin space limitations only 90 cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any remainder will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

Oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of £50/€50 (fee subject to VAT on domestic flights at applicable government rates). If you are unsure, check at the Bag Drop desk before going through security.

You can buy checked baggage of either 15kg or 20kg

From http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-checkedbaggage/
    CHECKED BAGGAGE

Each passenger may check in up to two checked bags upon payment of the applicable checked baggage fees by electing to purchase a checked baggage allowance of either 15 kilos or 20 kilos when make their initial booking. After the booking is made checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage My Booking facility up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight. Higher baggage fees apply when checked bags are purchased via Manage Booking, a Ryanair call centre or airport ticket desk, during peak periods and on selected routes. Fees may vary from time to time but it is the rates in force at the time you book and/or pay for your checked baggage allowance which apply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 GodFather.ie

Stheno wrote: »
    Cabin baggage can be no more than 10kg

From w ww.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-cabinbaggage

You can buy checked baggage of either 15kg or 20kg

From w ww.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-checkedbaggage/

So I don't need to worry about the dimensions of the checked baggage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So I don't need to worry about the dimensions of the checked baggage?

No but you do need to make sure it does not exceed the 15kg you have paid for.

Last time I was overweight on checked baggage it was €20 for every extra kilo or part thereof

So if you have bought checked baggage of 15kg, you've that plus your cabin baggage of less than 10kg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

This might be a stupid question but is it possible to head into the airport and try out your bag on the measuring box that the staff use before you travel?

Or do you have to go be actually travelling that day?

newportlad wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but is it possible to head into the airport and try out your bag on the measuring box that the staff use before you travel?

Or do you have to go be actually travelling that day?

no you don't need to be travelling there are loads of the boxes around the check in area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tsmaynet

Might be useful to someone, someday:
    Ryanair bagdrop the night before an early morning flight in Dublin airport is only for flights before 8am. (Ryanair told me only for flights before 7:30am but spoke to DAA directly and they said any flight before 8am)
    Ryanair will take the baggage between 8pm-10pm the night before.

Advertisement