Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar M400 q's

Options
  • 05-12-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

How does one turn it off? And yes I did RTFM

Also, can the straps be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

You don't turn it off, it's a watch.

Straps can be changed, replacments from Polar service centre in UK usually. There are no 'Swatch' style user changeable straps though if that is what you are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

AKW wrote: »
    You don't turn it off, it's a watch.

Straps can be changed, replacments from Polar service centre in UK usually. There are no 'Swatch' style user changeable straps though if that is what you are asking.

Cheers S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Have been using the watch this week (thanks AKW). A couple of things I have noticed so far:

I change the automatic lap to 1 mile in Polar flow and save it, but when I check it again it has switched back to 0.6. This is the only field I have noticed that is not updated. It is of course able to change it on the watch directly. I have sent a mail to Polar on this.

I set up a session and synched to the watch. I went through the session and it did as expected, but the session itself is not recorded anywhere. It just records as a normal run with mile/km splits. It doesn't give a breakdown for the different portions of the session. Has anyone figured out if this can be done?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Have been using the watch this week (thanks AKW). A couple of things I have noticed so far:

I change the automatic lap to 1 mile in Polar flow and save it, but when I check it again it has switched back to 0.6. This is the only field I have noticed that is not updated. It is of course able to change it on the watch directly. I have sent a mail to Polar on this.

I set up a session and synched to the watch. I went through the session and it did as expected, but the session itself is not recorded anywhere. It just records as a normal run with mile/km splits. It doesn't give a breakdown for the different portions of the session. Has anyone figured out if this can be done?

I think this is a metric / imperial thing. Have you changed it in Flow with the watch connected and sync back to the watch?

I think this is a metric / imperial thing. Have you changed it in Flow with the watch connected and sync back to the watch?

It's an interesting one. I checked again while syncing a workout. When I checked flow it was showing as 1 mile. There is me thinking the problem is sorted.

I changed a few training views around and synched the changes back to the watch, everything was updated fine. The automatic lap though was changed to 0.6 on both devices :)

Has to be a bug of some sort because the default is miles and the pace etc displayed is always min/miles.

Because I work in IT I guess it is interesting looking out for these things with new products. I do really like it as a watch I have to say. Feels a lot less cumbersome on the wrist.

Another thing I noticed on Polar flow is the average pace is calculated wrong. My average pace for yesterday is showing as 3.32 min/mi :eek: but the time and distance is correct, as are the splits.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed on Polar flow is the average pace is calculated wrong. My average pace for yesterday is showing as 3.32 min/mi :eek: but the time and distance is correct, as are the splits.

How does that work out if you converted that from 0.6 to 1 mile? Would that be accurate in terms of per km pace?

How does that work out if you converted that from 0.6 to 1 mile? Would that be accurate in terms of per km pace?

I have no idea how/why it is doing that. The mile splits show correctly, the average pace was around 9:11 per mile so I have no idea how it came up with that pace.

Advertisement