Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

V5c Registration when buy a UK car

Options
  • 15-09-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello All
    I'm new importing a car from uk
    I was wondering what should i do with this V5c registration (logbook) after buying a car in UK, this document will help me to register the car later in Ireland or Do i need a special document?
    Best Regards
    JC
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need the V5 when you present the car at the NCT centre for VRT inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ju4nc4rlos

thanks bazz. (y)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭brianfrancis45

Sorry to hijack the thread but as I'm a newbie here , I hope ye don't mind that I ask a few questions. I'm very interested to buy a 4 year old Skoda Octavia Scout Estate from the UK. I will have it inspected by the AA and if all is OK then the intention would be to fly over to pay for it and drive it to the ferry to take it back to Ireland. However , when I rang my insurance company to check with them that they would transfer my insurance from my present car to the car that I will pick up in the UK , they said they would not . I found this a bit strange and pressed them on it but they said they would not do it as I am resident here in Ireland and they do not provide insurance cover for a car with UK registration.....:confused:

All I want is to get insurance cover to be able to drive the car from UK to Ireland where I will pay the VRT and get the Irish plates .

For any ye that have imported from the UK , can I ask how/with which insurance company did ye get cover from , for the trip from UK to Ireland ? .

Thanks v. much

Advertisement