Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I think classics are based on rarity divided by age. (how man units exist/ how old the model is)

The closer to 0, the classicer the classicification.

Example:

Fiat punto:5,000,000/20 = 250,000
    Ferrari F50: (350, but lets say 20 have been destroyed) 330/18 = 18.3
    1968 Charger 500: (estimate left) 70/45 = 1.55

:D

P.S. I'm talking out my rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I think classics are based on rarity divided by age. (how man units exist/ how old the model is)

The closer to 0, the classicer the classicification.

Example:

Fiat punto:5,000,000/20 = 250,000
    Ferrari F50: (350, but lets say 20 have been destroyed) 330/18 = 18.3
    1968 Charger 500: (estimate left) 70/45 = 1.55

:D

P.S. I'm talking out my rear.

That's a pretty solid way to work it out all the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

djimi wrote: »
    I suppose part of what makes a classic is the relative rarity. Given how mass produced that Corolla was and how many of them were on the road back in its day, will there end up being few enough of them around for it ever to be considered a classic down the line?

By that logic the Ford Model T, VW Beetle and Golf should never have become classics.
    Millions of the made and nothing special about them, they where common as muck.

But having said that, the Corolla will never have the kind of scene like any of the above, but there will always be fans of them, no matter how boring the car.
    And I would not want one myself, just making the argument, no matter how ugly you are, somebody loves you!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Here's a 2003 Mazda 323 1.6 saloon for €3,950.

My ghast is flabbered :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

cantdecide wrote: »

ahhh, but its O'Leary's in Lissarda, they are famous for wild prices....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ahhh, but its O'Leary's in Lissarda, they are famous for wild prices....:P

I think if you just copied all there ads in here it would win the thread they ask mad money for used stuff, allthough a friend of mine purchased a new Passat of them this year and they were over a grand cheaper than Newcastle west or Newmarket motors..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

"Well Looked After"? For that money it'd want to be able to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

"Well Looked After"? For that money it'd want to be able to fly.

You can buy a lot of flights for the €3k that that Mazda is overpriced by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

http://www.adverts.ie/car/subaru/impreza/subaru-impreza-22b/4305133

I think this thread can finally be closed, I have found a winner....

This fella needs his head examined if he thinks this is worth €30k I think i can speak for the whole country and say that NOBODY will be paying him €30k for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

This fella needs his head examined if he thinks this is worth €30k I think i can speak for the whole country and say that NOBODY will be paying him €30k for it...

That car has come up in this thread before, has it not? Im fairly sure the consensus at the time was that the price isnt too far off the mark.

Another 22b for sale here for £22k Sterling. http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/961250-subaru-impreza-22b-sti-377-a.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Well to be fair if it's genuine and that milage is right then it's a collector's item as there was only 400 ever made.

Probably won't sell here but if that was up on Pistonheads it would be gone fairly quickly.

And the car linked above has 55k more miles than it so it's not exactly crazy money to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

And not even the "desirable" 1.4 litre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That car has come up in this thread before, has it not? Im fairly sure the consensus at the time was that the price isnt too far off the mark.

Another 22b for sale here for £22k Sterling. http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/961250-subaru-impreza-22b-sti-377-a.html

The one that has appeared here before was a different car, it was a spec C Sti. If the 22B mileage and condition is genuine he could very well get his €30k. It's a very limited market for the car though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Caliden wrote: »
    Well to be fair if it's genuine and that milage is right then it's a collector's item as there was only 400 ever made.

Probably won't sell here but if that was up on Pistonheads it would be gone fairly quickly.

And the car linked above has 55k more miles than it so it's not exactly crazy money to ask for.

Just realised it only has 6k miles on it! Bloody hell.

Didnt realise so few were made. Only 16 made for UKDM also.

That said, for €30k he could have made more of an effort; a few pictures would have gone astray! Maybe include a description of exactly what it is that he is selling...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Just realised it only has 6k miles on it! Bloody hell.

Didnt realise so few were made. Only 16 made for UKDM also.

That said, for €30k he could have made more of an effort; a few pictures would have gone astray! Maybe include a description of exactly what it is that he is selling...

Maybe he is selling it under duress from his misses :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Caliden wrote: »
    Maybe he is selling it under duress from his misses :P
    Judging by those fences in the pic, he's a collector of Subaru's.

Think i saw one of his advertised for €50k not long ago :pac:

The spec C!

I'd love both of the scoobies, if only I had the €80,000 to buy them. :p

I'd probably just buy a GTR though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

more like he needs his head examined for putting it on adverts of all places. Im sure some fella will be along shortly offering a nintendo ds and €20 in exchange for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    more like he needs his head examined for putting it on adverts of all places. Im sure some fella will be along shortly offering a nintendo ds and €20 in exchange for it.

Swap my ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Which one of ye hoores offered him €2200 for it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Which one of ye hoores offered him €2200 for it? :D
    Not me anyway. I don't own nor never will own a passat:D This fella will probably be looking to swap the passat next:pac:

Corkie offered 2200 to the lad who was looking for 5500 for the Focus also. Its a good wind up in fairness!

€4000 is pricey enough for an RX-7, especially when you consider it needs a rebuild! :eek:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-rx7/6094794

25244657.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

i personally know that rx-7, Its tasty :D Worth every penny i think!

It looks nice alright but it needs q bloody rebuild!
    Get that done and he can sell it for that much, a bit more even but it's well over priced as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

CianRyan wrote: »
    It looks nice alright but it needs q bloody rebuild!
    Get that done and he can sell it for that much, a bit more even but it's well over priced as it is.

What's the average price of a rebuild?

Two nicer ones(IMO) on DD going for 6.5k.
    I get the feeling, as was said in the chat yesterday, to budget for a rebuild unless you've proof of one done already.

edit -
    It would cost around 2900 for a rebuild in ireland thats what i paid for my rx7 but if i had the chance again i would go to the uk for rebuild
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?10504-Mazda-RX-8-engine-rebuilds
    I think I'd rather find an rx that I liked with a knackered engine and rebuild it, than drive around in the unknown costing the same money.

Interslice wrote: »
    What's the average price of a rebuild?

Two nicer ones(IMO) on DD going for 6.5k.
    I get the feeling, as was said in the chat yesterday, to budget for a rebuild unless you've proof of one done already.

edit -

I think I'd rather find an rx that I liked with a knackered engine and rebuild it, than drive around in the unknown costing the same money.

That a fair point to make, I still wouldn't pay €4000 for that one though, closer to €2500, €3000 at a push.

I wouldn't bother going to the UK, that just seems like the typical self defeating Irish attitude to be honest. There are plenty of great rotary heads in Ireland, Eddie Doyle is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

CianRyan wrote: »
    That a fair point to make, I still wouldn't pay €4000 for that one though, closer to €2500, €3000 at a push.

I wouldn't bother going to the UK, that just seems like the typical self defeating Irish attitude to be honest. There are plenty of great rotary heads in Ireland, Eddie Doyle is second to none.

Didn't even notice that in the post :p. I was just scanning about for a price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

How much do you not want this:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/e3o-bmw-shell-for-sale/5908133

View2-24318835.jpeg

Surely a windeup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

May not be a wind up, you see a lot of these "with tax book" adds for sale. Ideal
    car to buy if you are planning on robbing one a sticking the plates on to match this log book

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement