Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Camper - Insurance?

Options
  • 17-04-2014 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

My bro is getting a camper next weekend. I'll be going with him, is there driving of other vehicles on Camper Insurance? (Dolmen/Axa)

Could I add him as a named driver on mine and temporarily transferring insurance?

Any other suggestions welcome, what do most people do? Especially if they don't have a camper insurance policy already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you are importing from Germany, you will be required to buy 2 or 4 weeks insurance from a broker in the town where you are buying the van. Very often the insurance seller will then make up your export plates, with the expiry date of the insurance (and tax) imprinted on the plate Irish insurance not recognised. Don't know about any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Thanks for the reply, we're looking to bring it in from the UK. I was in touch with Dolmen, because the camper is less than 1.8m internal height I can't transfer insurance on to it. (even though my own insured camper is less than 1.8m internal height :) )

Anywho, off to insuremyvan or similar to try get temporary/short-term insurance.

Advertisement