Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What series are you following?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what Motorsport series people here are following, f1, btcc etc curious as to what is the more popular ones outside of F1 are.

I'm following F1, Nascar, Btcc, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship WEC and Pirelli WC.
    And Watching, Aussie V8s, Moto gp, Euro V8, Indycar, Gp2, Carrera Cup and WRC

Not watching them all at the same time obviously :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Formula 1 and WRC for me.

I also started racing Vees this year. A lad in work goes rallying so I keep an eye on that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

F1 and GP2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Watching: NSCS, GP2, IndyCar, Indy Lights, WEC

Following: NNS, NCWTS, V8 Supercar, F1, TUSCC, DTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

F1 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

For me it's WRC > ERC > Irish Rally > MotoGP > WSBK > BTCC > WTCC > F1

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Good man! I might see you on track then, I`ll punt you off for good measure :pac:

Lightning Maldonado?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Good man! I might see you on track then, I`ll punt you off for good measure :pac:

Not if I put myself off first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

F1, WTCC, ITCC, MotoGP, WSBK, Adelaide Masters, Irish Road Racing, V8 Supercars(what a series that is)

Thats Just what im following but id watch any type of motor racing.... exept drifting, hate drifting.
    Love the Irish motor racing scene and would go to quite a few of the meets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

F1, Nascar and Indycar mainly. GP2 if I have access to a Sky go sub, and then BTCC & WTCC if it happens to be on when I'm looking for a fix.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just F1 nowadays, used to follow the WRC a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

F1 is the only series I'd actively follow (ie: not miss any qualifying/races, keep up to date with news, plan on attending a race, etc)

Other than that, I'll watch WRC, IndyCar, GP2, GP3 and MotoGP when I stumble across it on TV.

I will take an interest in DTM this year to follow how Di Resta is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

F1, GP2, V8 Supercars (brilliant racing in this!), IndyCar, Indy Lights, ITCC, Road racing (motorbikes), WSB and MotoGP. Probably forgotten something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

v3ttel wrote: »
    I will take an interest in DTM this year to follow how Di Resta is doing.

I was a fan of Di Resta and was disapointed when i herd he was not returning to F1 this year. Hmmm, So DTM is another one to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was a fan of Di Resta and was disapointed when i herd he was not returning to F1 this year. Hmmm, So DTM is another one to watch

I was very disappointed he didn't get a drive this season. I would have thought he would possibly outscore at least a quarter of the current F1 grid, over the course of a season with equal machinery (such as: Chilton, Sutil, Guiterrez, Maldonado, Erikssen, Vergne)

I'll be following DTM see how he gets on anyway. Hopefully he can win the championship there again and bounce back into F1, but I fear the ship may have sailed for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I mostly watch F1 these days. I also keep an eye on MotoGP to see what's going on there. I tune into Nascar the odd time. I might start following DTM with di Resta now in it.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    I was very disappointed he didn't get a drive this season. I would have thought he would possibly outscore at least a quarter of the current F1 grid, over the course of a season with equal machinery (such as: Chilton, Sutil, Guiterrez, Maldonado, Erikssen, Vergne)

I'll be following DTM see how he gets on anyway. Hopefully he can win the championship there again and bounce back into F1, but I fear the ship may have sailed for him.

Very true. Although look at Sutil. Almost everyone thought his F1 career was over a few short years ago. Look at him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

F1 and I will happily dedicate a weekend to Le Mans and I'd watch V8 Supercars when I have the channel.

I'd take a passing interest and flick on to MotoGP WRC, IndyCar, DTM. Generally anything that is on aside from dirt bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Although look at Sutil. Almost everyone thought his F1 career was over a few short years ago. Look at him now!
    He's still shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Follow F1 and WTCC Like watching V8 supercars and le Mans

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Apart from F1 , like to follow any international series with an Irish interest:

GP2 : Conor Daly
    WEC: Matt Griffin
    LM24 : Matt Griffin / Murphy Prototypes
    ELMS : Matt Griffin / Murphy Prototypes
    ALMS/IMSA : Damien Faulkner / Matt Griffin
    Indy/ Indy Lights: Peter Dempsey (...hoping he gets a seat for the Indy 500)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Mainly following Rally and Rallycross; WRC & ERC, with a few Irish events if I find the time. I also keep an eye on how Irish drivers and teams are doing in other series like endurance and WSB.

Followed both the European and Global Rallycross last year and was happy to see the sport coming back in a big way. Was surprised there was very little mention of and Irishman Derek Tohill winning the European championship in the Touring cars. Looking forward to the new World championship with Tohill stepping up to the Supercars. Also good to see an Irish company, Galway Carbon, making a name for themselves in the RX world, they are supplying at least 3 teams I know of with parts for the new world series!

• Advertisement
Advertisement