Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WSBK 2014...

Options
  • 20-02-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Starts this w/e......Nice to see Eugene flying the flag for us again...;)...looking forward to seeing Lowes too, but most of all i want to see 10' tall Chaz Davies on the Panigale.......:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Starts this w/e......Nice to see Eugene flying the flag for us again...;)...looking forward to seeing Lowes too, but most of all i want to see 10' tall Chaz Davies on the Panigale.......:D

Was going to start a WSBK thread today :)

I'm really looking forward to this year. I think that Laverty will push very hard this year.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

h3000 wrote: »
    Was going to start a WSBK thread today :)

I'm really looking forward to this year. I think that Laverty will push very hard this year.

Think he'll hav to...that GSXR is isnt the fastest...

Think he'll hav to...that GSXR is isnt the fastest...

...well that shut me up........:o...Eugene and Alex 4 and 5 on the grid......DOH..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

fecking superb stuff, well done norge

Race 2
    BOLLOCKS:mad:

• Advertisement

1st Race....what a ride....that gsxr aint too shabby......

2nd race........:mad::mad::mad:

Supersport race.....i hate Sofuoglu....glad he's stuck back in the lower class....Great foe Kev....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not great for Suzuki to have that happen so early on, I wonder if its a case that they are trying to get too much from that engine to maintain competitiveness?
    Eugene is a very tidy rider to watch on any machinery.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not great for Suzuki to have that happen so early on, I wonder if its a case that they are trying to get too much from that engine to maintain competitiveness?

Was thinking the same this morning, hoping this isn't the case and it was something like a batch issue with a particular part, at least there's time before the next round to figure out what happened and try find a solution to it.
    Eugene is a very tidy rider to watch on any machinery.
    He's amazing to watch especially at fast flowing circuits like Philip Island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Grim. wrote: »
    Was thinking the same this morning, hoping this isn't the case and it was something like a batch issue with a particular part, at least there's time before the next round to figure out what happened and try find a solution to it.
    Yeah I'd be surprised if its any major issue, sometimes racing engines just blow. It's a shame it happened today and not in practice because Eugene looked very well placed to take the double
    Grim. wrote: »
    He's amazing to watch especially at fast flowing circuits like Philip Island
    I've always been a fan of Eugene and he showed how good he can be over the last few years. I always bring it back to WSS in 2008 when he was up against Cal Crutchlow for the the title. That year the Yamaha was clearly the bike to be on (Chaz Davies won the title two years later on pretty much the same package) but Eugene on a second tier Honda (The Ten Kate squad and Kenan had the better bike that year) was able to come damn close to winning the title.
    Last year on the Aprilia he always seemed to be chasing some good luck and his mechanical issues really held him back but with some luck he'll have a strong year and be in MotoGP next year on the factory Suzuki. It'd be great to see him get a proper shot at GPs

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Supersport race.....i hate Sofuoglu....glad he's stuck back in the lower class....Great foe Kev....

Cracking 5 lap race after Kennedy's blow up. Great result for Coghlan.

Very impressed with the Suzuki's in the Superbikes, pitty about Eugene's retirement in race 2. He was fantastic in race 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Pity about Eugene in race 2, would of being the perfect start to the season. Would love to see him win it or do well enough to earn a moto gp spot next year.....
    Irishman in moto gp?
    Has it happened before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Pity about Eugene in race 2, would of being the perfect start to the season. Would love to see him win it or do well enough to earn a moto gp spot next year.....
    Irishman in moto gp?
    Has it happened before?
    Eugene has allready raced in GPs as an Irishman.He raced for LCR and also Blusens on a 250cc grand prix bike in 2007 and 2008.Eugene will get his well deserved big break next year.Surely he will get a ride with Suzuki on their motogp bike or maybe a Ducati ride for 2015.Hes too good not to be in MotoGP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

jpb14 wrote: »
    Eugene has allready raced in GPs as an Irishman.He raced for LCR and also Blusens on a 250cc grand prix bike in 2007 and 2008.Eugene will get his well deserved big break next year.Surely he will get a ride with Suzuki on their motogp bike or maybe a Ducati ride for 2015.Hes too good not to be in MotoGP.

Sorry I didn't know that, I would love to see him in moto gp, imagine the Irish national anthem being played ? I would love to hear that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Typical RTE News.Some Irish cyclist wins a silver medal going around an indoor oval track a few times and they are praising him.But Eugene Laverty winning the 1st WSBK race of the year and flying the flag for Ireland yet again gets no mention at all.

They usually put it up on Aertel but I don't remember them ever covering his results on the main sports news.

I think UTV have it on their sports bulletins as I remember them mentioning Laverty and Rea's results last year.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    They usually put it up on Aertel but I don't remember them ever covering his results on the main sports news.

I think UTV have it on their sports bulletins as I remember them mentioning Laverty and Rea's results last year.

I do remember Euge getting mentioned on that RTE news station last year...

Sylvain Barrier was in a coma after a car accident last weekend.
    He has since come out of it but remains in hospital
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery Sylvain.

What channel has coverage this year? A bump on race weekends would be good, love watching a Superbike race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What channel has coverage this year? A bump on race weekends would be good, love watching a Superbike race.

Eurosport will have the coverage of BSB and WSBK.

The next WSBK round is in Aragon on April 13th. The first round of BSB is the following weekend in brands hatch.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Sad to see this thread dropping down the list...goes to show that WSBK was always been the poor mans Motogp......it certainely is for me now that Motogp is ppv ....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sad to see this thread dropping down the list...goes to show that WSBK was always been the poor mans Motogp......it certainely is for me now that Motogp is ppv ....:)

I don't think the gap between races at the start of the season helps.

The Russian race has been cancelled which means there shall be a long gap mid season as well now.

Infoanon wrote: »
    I don't think the gap between races at the start of the season helps.

The Russian race has been cancelled which means there shall be a long gap mid season as well now.

Yeah, I was checking out the remaining calendar and there's nearly a 2 month gap in the summer. They were looking at bringing Qatar in.

I agree the gap after Phillip Island is too long and then MotoGP starts and everyone forgets about the series. It's a shame because the series provides more entertainment compared to MotoGP. It just lacks the big names.

Cracking supersport sprint race today at Brands Hatch BSB....cant wait for tomorrow..

Rea looking good on that old CBR, pole isn't that bad on that bike.
    Early start tomorrow, 8.45am weather likely to be coolish and that may make a difference.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Rea looking good on that old CBR, pole isn't that bad on that bike.
    Early start tomorrow, 8.45am weather likely to be coolish and that may make a difference.

Rea looking VERY good....2 out of 2......

Melandri....ha...:D

Eugene had another mare weekend it seems...whats up..:confused:

Very impressive double by Rea. It seems they have sorted the Honda's out this year compared to last year when they were down on top speed. Just hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season and challenge the Kawasaki's who usually pill ahead in the races.

Haven't a clue what's going on with Suzuki, I expected Laverty to be challenging for the title after Phillip Island but it's been a disaster since then.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Very impressive double by Rea. It seems they have sorted the Honda's out this year compared to last year when they were down on top speed. Just hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season and challenge the Kawasaki's who usually pill ahead in the races.

Haven't a clue what's going on with Suzuki, I expected Laverty to be challenging for the title after Phillip Island but it's been a disaster since then.
    I think there is a couple of things at play here.
    Kawasaki's usually totally dominant but at Imola suffering from tyre wear issues, Aprilia usually top of the heap alongside Kawasaki, suffering with tyre wear issues and falling away mid race.
    Now the FIM have recently appointed a new technical director in Scott Smart and he is a pretty smart dude, ex racer crew chief etc etc.
    He has said he is going to be looking for frames that aren't legal.
    In other words that have adjustability outside that of what is currently permitted and maybe non-homologated frame thickness/geometry etc.
    I wonder are these related to the current issues or was it just the track:D
    Also it was mentioned that Ten Kate have a new electronics guru who was previously with BMW and is a bit of a genius with electronics, he apparently has spent a lot of time with the CBR which is running MotoGP electronics apparently.
    This might have helped Johnny Rea with his bike although Haslam doesn't seem to be anywhere near Rea in terms of speed or consistency.
    WTF is up with Sofuoglu's team? He didn't need another DNF at this stage.
    Suzuki have a lot of work to do to catch up.

Suzukis....i'm lost for words...:confused:

Super Tom strikes again....brilliant...

Great ride from Jack K...made better by the off's and blow-ups.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Flying yonsepang this morning for the weekend, first wsbk race of the year for me! Got a few bits and pieces lined up for it so ill post them here with a few pics over the weekend

• Advertisement

Kennedy.....Going well then a stupid move ....:rolleyes:

Good results for Eugene....;)

Advertisement