Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy F1 Manager League

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No need to be such an ass. He's clearly taken a bit of his own time to come up with this and put time in to keep it up throughout the year. Apart from needing a bit of variation in pricing, I think its is pretty good.

It needs a lot more than just variation in pricing. The big mistakes here were not doing any research to see if there was already an existing game, not asking for any opinions from others about how it could work better before setting up the game (see the discussion antodeco / Myraddin and others had about the F1 Competition for reference), very poor valuations of the drivers and teams which really should have been held back until testing was completed, unclear rules with potential loopholes to exploit (feedback would have been useful here too) and a frankly awful transfer system that is going to make this as dull as ditchwater.

So no, it's not pretty good, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

It needs a lot more than just variation in pricing. The big mistakes here were not doing any research to see if there was already an existing game, not asking for any opinions from others about how it could work better before setting up the game (see the discussion antodeco / Myraddin and others had about the F1 Competition for reference), very poor valuations of the drivers and teams which really should have been held back until testing was completed, unclear rules with potential loopholes to exploit (feedback would have been useful here too) and a frankly awful transfer system that is going to make this as dull as ditchwater.

So no, it's not pretty good, not even close.

Why thank you for your feedback Mr. Head.

First off, I will admit that the pricing is off, but I can't change it this soon to the race in Australia. There may (and probably will) be a change at some point in the season, maybe for the Spanish race in 2 months. If I had started this earlier on, I could have had a period to ask for feedback and then put up the pricing and rules but the fact is that I didn't.

I know it's not perfect, I put together what I did in the knowledge that it probably wouldn't sit well with everybody until issues were ironed out. But if you don't like it, who's asking you to stick around or even join? This is it's pilot season. If it is as "dull as ditchwater", then it won't be around in 2015, but if we work on the issues, we can make it a better game. Coming in and saying it's bad, without saying how to improve it is like a maths teacher telling their student "You did your homework incorrectly" and walking off without explaining how it's wrong. It's of no use to anyone. So please, if you are not going to contribute on how to improve it, then stick to your own competition and let me and the people who want to use this competition use it and improve it.

Why thank you for your feedback Mr. Head.

First off, I will admit that the pricing is off, but I can't change it this soon to the race in Australia. There may (and probably will) be a change at some point in the season, maybe for the Spanish race in 2 months. If I had started this earlier on, I could have had a period to ask for feedback and then put up the pricing and rules but the fact is that I didn't.

I know it's not perfect, I put together what I did in the knowledge that it probably wouldn't sit well with everybody until issues were ironed out. But if you don't like it, who's asking you to stick around or even join? This is it's pilot season. If it is as "dull as ditchwater", then it won't be around in 2015, but if we work on the issues, we can make it a better game. Coming in and saying it's bad, without saying how to improve it is like a maths teacher telling their student "You did your homework incorrectly" and walking off without explaining how it's wrong. It's of no use to anyone. So please, if you are not going to contribute on how to improve it, then stick to your own competition and let me and the people who want to use this competition use it and improve it.

I have given feedback on it and I also offered feedback some time ago which you did not bother to respond to. Since you have left it so late to respond, it really can't be fixed now. It's a shame that you didn't think to ask for opinions and input before fixing all the rules, values and transfers.

Changing the rules or values for a game like this half way through just won't work because not everyone who entered the game frequents the motorsport forum let alone boards.ie as often as you or I might do.

Also another issue I see with this is that I think it is a bad idea to award extra money to spend next season to the players who do well this year. It immediately removes the level playing field for anyone who doesn't do well, will put off new players from entering because they will have less money to spend and create a lot of confusion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

team name; morinho racing
    1stdriver;rosberg
    2nd driver;kobiyishi
    reserve driver ; verne
    chassis williams
    engine;mercedes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Team Name: Return of EJ
    Driver 1: Felipe Massa
    Driver 2: Kamui Kobayashi
    Reserve Driver: Jules Bianchi
    Chassis: McLaren
    Engine: Mercedes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Team Name: Still Faster Than Chilton
    Driver 1: Lewis Hamilton
    Driver 2: Esteban Gutierrez
    Reserve Driver: Kamui Kobayashi
    Chassis: Willams
    Engine: Ferrari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Team Name: GarIT Racing
    Driver 1: Filipe Massa
    Driver 2: Nico Hulkenberg
    Reserve Driver: Kevin Magnussen
    Chassis: Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,387 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Team Name: GhostTrain Racing
    Driver 1: Filipe Massa
    Driver 2: Kamui
    Reserve Driver: Vergne
    Chassis: Mercedes
    Engine: Renault

Ammendment to Article 4 of the rules

4 - Points
    4.1 A manager will receive points for how well their drivers, chassis and engine do in a round.
    4.2 A manager can recieve a maximum of 48 points per round
    4.3 Points will be awarded as follows
    Driver Position|Points||Chassis Position|Points||Engine Position|Points||Qualifying Position|Points
    1|10||1|10||1|5||1|1
    2|9||2|9||2|4
    3|8||3|8||3|3
    4|7||4|7||4|2
    5|6||5|6||5|1
    6|5||6|5|||
    7|4||7|4|||
    8|3||8|3|||
    9|2||9|2|||
    10|1||10|1|||

4.4 Drivers points are awarded when a driver finishes in the top 10.
    4.5 Chassis points are awarded when a chassis finishes in the top 10.
    4.6 Engine points are awarded when an engine finishes in the top 5.
    4.7 If one of your selected drivers qualify on pole position for a round of the Championship, they will receive a bonus point.
    4.8 The last race of the season is worth double points.

• Advertisement

Updated standings here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think I had one of the lowest scores for that round...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

42 points LOL that won't last!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Is this still alive ??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

Team Name: Juan KERS
    Driver 1: Nico Rosberg
    Reserve Driver: Jean-Eric Vergne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

MS.ing wrote: »
    Team Name: Juan KERS
    Driver 1: Nico Rosberg
    Reserve Driver: Jean-Eric Vergne

Its too late to enter now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hi how do I make changes to my team? Do I just post it up here? Thanks

Are you ever going to update this or is it fair to assume it's dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

If this is dead, which it looks like it very much is, then I'm willing to take this over and try to run it.

I'll update the standings for the last few rounds of the championship etc and makes changes that are needed etc.

Was a pretty good idea so like to keep it going and if not well then i'll just piss off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This probably would be awkward, but...what are the results?

Advertisement