Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipperary GAA discussion thread

• 10-06-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

MID SEMI FINALS
    Moycarkey-Borris v Loughmore-Castleiney
    Sun 16/6, Holycross 2pm

Upperchurch-Drombane v Drom-Inch
    Sun 16/6, Holycross 3.30pm

NORTH SEMI FINALS
    Silvermines v Borris-Ileigh
    Sun 16/6, Nenagh 2.15pm

Kildangan v Toomevara
    Sun 16/6, Nenagh 4pm

SOUTH SEMI FINALS
    Carrick Swan v Ballingarry
    Sat 15/6, Clonmel 7pm

CJ Kickhams Mullinahone v Killenaule
    Sun 16/6, Clonmel 7pm

WEST SEMI FINALS
    Éire Óg Annacarthy-Donohill v Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams
    Sat 15/6, Cappawhite 7.30pm

Clonoulty-Rossmore v Cappawhite
    Sun 16/6, Cashel 3.30pm

SENIOR HURLING C'SHIP ROUND 1
    Roscrea v Cashel
    Sat 15/6, Templemore 6pm

Moneygall v Holycross-Ballycahill
    Sat 15/6, Templemore 7.30pm

Carrick Davins v Burgess
    Sat 15/6, Boherlahan 7.30pm

Kilruane MacDonaghs v Borrisokane
    Sat 15/6, Toomevara 8pm

Portroe v Golden-Kilfeacle
    Sun 16,6, Borrisoleigh 12pm

Lorrha-Dorrha v JK Brackens
    Sun 16/6, Moneygall 12pm

Boherlahan-Dualla v Templederry
    Sun 16/6, The Ragg 6pm

Nenagh Éire Óg v Thurles Sarsfields
    Sun 16/6, The Ragg 7.30pm

Winners in Round 1 will play semi-final losers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Think this would be better served as the start of a Tipp GAA discussion thread seeing as there are a good few Tipp posters that frequent the forum.

There is a thread in the Tipperary forum already which Tipperary fans are more than happy to use since and have been since 2010 but sure perhaps put up a poll and let democracy decide.

Personally i think its too late in the year and id prefer to continue using the existing one. Maybe next January we could consider or move the existing one to the gaa forum. Dont see the point in two tbh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85022001#post85022001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I see no harm in having one hear aswell Gunner, not many from outside of Tipp even knew about the other thread and usually any outsider that posts there is just wumming.

It would be no harm to have one here where we can get the views and opinions of people from outside the county, especially as Tipp supporters in general have a tendancy to over react in both defeat and victory alike, knee-jerk reactions are a speciality in Tipp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

zanajak wrote: »
    MID SEMI FINALS
    Moycarkey-Borris v Loughmore-Castleiney
    Sun 16/6, Holycross 2pm

Upperchurch-Drombane v Drom-Inch
    Sun 16/6, Holycross 3.30pm

NORTH SEMI FINALS
    Silvermines v Borris-Ileigh
    Sun 16/6, Nenagh 2.15pm

Kildangan v Toomevara
    Sun 16/6, Nenagh 4pm

SOUTH SEMI FINALS
    Carrick Swan v Ballingarry
    Sat 15/6, Clonmel 7pm

CJ Kickhams Mullinahone v Killenaule
    Sun 16/6, Clonmel 7pm

WEST SEMI FINALS
    Éire Óg Annacarthy-Donohill v Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams
    Sat 15/6, Cappawhite 7.30pm

Clonoulty-Rossmore v Cappawhite
    Sun 16/6, Cashel 3.30pm

SENIOR HURLING C'SHIP ROUND 1
    Roscrea v Cashel
    Sat 15/6, Templemore 6pm

Moneygall v Holycross-Ballycahill
    Sat 15/6, Templemore 7.30pm

Carrick Davins v Burgess
    Sat 15/6, Boherlahan 7.30pm

Kilruane MacDonaghs v Borrisokane
    Sat 15/6, Toomevara 8pm

Portroe v Golden-Kilfeacle
    Sun 16,6, Borrisoleigh 12pm

Lorrha-Dorrha v JK Brackens
    Sun 16/6, Moneygall 12pm

Boherlahan-Dualla v Templederry
    Sun 16/6, The Ragg 6pm

Nenagh Éire Óg v Thurles Sarsfields
    Sun 16/6, The Ragg 7.30pm

Winners in Round 1 will play semi-final losers

Great idea for a thread. The thread on the Tipp forum is primarily inter-county discussion.

My predictions are in bold.

It's hard to see past Drom & Loughmore in the Mid. Both have lost players to the US in recent weeks but I think both should still advance comfortably.;

In the North it's tough to call. I'm presuming Brendan Maher won't be playing against Silvermines and for that reason I'm going with the 'Mines in what will be a very close game.
    Kildangan were my pick at the start of the year to win the North and although toom were impressive in their last outing I've a feeling Kildangan will win by 2 or 3 points.

In the South Swan vs Ballingarry is tough to call. Both will be missing big players (Ballingarry through J1s and Swan through injury). I think Swan might win by 1 or 2.
    Killenaule will win this game by 5+ points. Mullinahone are missing Gary Cronin, Seanie Curran & Cathal Horan and there's a rumour that Eoin Fennelly will also be missing. Horan did most of their damage through the league section and is a huge loss.

In the West, Knockavilla & Cappa are both poor so Clon & Eire Óg are easy picks.

The only game that's hard to call in the county series is Holycross & Moneygall. The rest look straight forward.

What do you think zanajak?

looder wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread. The thread on the Tipp forum is primarily inter-county discussion.

Id agree there isn't much contributors to the club scene in Tipp and im as guilty of that myself but the only real way to generate discussion is by posting about it and i see no reason why club hurling/football cannot be discussed on the regular forum. Im sure there is knowledgeable people on the thread who can contribute opinions on it. That said perhaps in future years its better to have 1 solitary thread, but have it here in the gaa forum instead
    I see no harm in having one hear aswell Gunner, not many from outside of Tipp even knew about the other thread and usually any outsider that posts there is just wumming.

It would be no harm to have one here where we can get the views and opinions of people from outside the county, especially as Tipp supporters in general have a tendancy to over react in both defeat and victory alike, knee-jerk reactions are a speciality in Tipp.

I don't think its that unique in Tipperary to be honest its just your more exposed to it and it must be said were caught in a vicious cycle.

Once a decade we win an All Ireland (in 2010 we couldn't have won it in better fashion and i don't think in living memory I've seen a Tipp team play as well) and then we somehow fall away in the following years and this has been the cycle since 1965. We've been caught cold underestimating teams, not being up for a physical battle taking all the wrong options...It isn't all in our imagination. We have not been delivering what a so called big hurling county is supposed to be capable of delivering on any sort of consistent basis. Whatever about winning consecutive All Ireland's, we seem to manage to even fall down the rankings in the years preceding winning of Liam McCarthy. No wonder people are fed up, its a case of 'here we go again'.

Never before has has much money being invested in our county teams and yet it would seem the same pattern is emerging just as it does time and time again. Just when we look like having a team who could at least be main contenders for years to come, we fall away. We seen it in the 90s and 00s and it looks as if the cycle is repeating. People are fed up and want this cycle to end.

I can take losing to Limerick and bloody hell for their part they played excellent but to see lads, some of whom are men of 6'3 and others with years of experience and they just been bulldozed out the way is extremely disheartening. Fair enough if we were winning balls and it was merely a case of Limerick just wanting it a little bit more but the fact is they wanted it a whole lot more.

I agree to a certain extent that fans can be cruel during the hard times and carried away during the good and some who id even question about their 'fanship' go overboard but i don't think we are unique in this regard tbh.

Most of the criticism you see is a vent of frustration as Tipp fans are seeing familiar patterns rear their ugly head and before we know it ground-hog day is amongst us again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Massive shock I see as Thurles Sars are now out. Really opens it up. To be honest, I was favouring Drom/Inch myself but saw Clonoulty recently and they look a pretty good side too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Massive shock I see as Thurles Sars are now out. Really opens it up. To be honest, I was favouring Drom/Inch myself but saw Clonoulty recently and they look a pretty good side too.

thurles aren't out they are into the championship proper, that was a divisional semi. they can still win the county!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

thurles aren't out they are into the championship proper, that was a divisional semi. they can still win the county!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/corbett-sees-red-as-sarsfields-go-down-29349539.html

Nope, they're gone completely. Had already lost in the mid championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

They had already lost to Drom/Inch by 10 points or more in the Mid Championship. Losing to Nenagh yesterday sent them out altogether.

I wouldn't think it's great news for Tipp given the players involved, though maybe this will refocus them as they now only have one real competition of note that their still left in, if Tipp lose than that's their year over.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Largetting sent off in teh 5th minute.....its becoming a habit with him...awful rash that early on.

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Largetting sent off in teh 5th minute.....its becoming a habit with him...awful rash that early on.

Alot of lads would say that teams would target him,try to rile him up etc. In saying that Nenagh wouldn't have used their best player Mikey Heffernan to do it! Presuming there must have been an altercation between the two?

Fair play to the 'mines aswel. Only just up from Intermediate and straight into the North final.

Indie. wrote: »
    Alot of lads would say that teams would target him,try to rile him up etc. In saying that Nenagh wouldn't have used their best player Mikey Heffernan to do it! Presuming there must have been an altercation between the two?

Fair play to the 'mines aswel. Only just up from Intermediate and straight into the North final.

It wasnt Mikey. It was a Heffernan alright but not one of the 3 brothers who have played county at some level recently (Tommy, Barry, or Mikey).

Indie. wrote: »

It was Billy Heffernan that was sent off, wasn't at the game myself as was too busy celebrating our win over Toom :D but anyone I was talking to that was at it, including Nenagh folk, said that Lar did nothing and it looked like an umpire trying to make a name for himself! Heffernan wouldnt be a dirty player either tbh.

It wasnt Mikey. It was a Heffernan alright but not one of the 3 brothers who have played county at some level recently (Tommy, Barry, or Mikey).

Misread the article. Thought it was Mikey that got sent off.

It was Billy Heffernan that was sent off, wasn't at the game myself as was too busy celebrating our win over Toom :D but anyone I was talking to that was at it, including Nenagh folk, said that Lar did nothing and it looked like an umpire trying to make a name for himself! Heffernan wouldnt be a dirty player either tbh.

Kildangan will go hard on the championship this year. They've been a coming team for years. Definitely capable of causing a shock along the way. That said the Mines will give them a good tussle the next day as they are a very robust unit. They have adapted to life at Senior level incredibly well

Scandalous if that was the case with Lar and tbh i remember his red v Clonoulty 2 years ago, he done very little that day either. Is Heffernan one of the clan i was referring to? If he is then i couldnt imagine much malice in him

Kildangan will go hard on the championship this year. They've been a coming team for years. Definitely capable of causing a shock along the way. That said the Mines will give them a good tussle the next day as they are a very robust unit. They have adapted to life at Senior level incredibly well

Scandalous if that was the case with Lar and tbh i remember his red v Clonoulty 2 years ago, he done very little that day either. Is Heffernan one of the clan i was referring to? If he is then i couldnt imagine much malice in him

Yeah we are going well now and have a very nice balance of young lads and more experienced guys, the mines have done very well but they were rather fortunate yesterday and Borris should have had the game over at half time tbh.

Billy Heffernan is a cousin of Tommy, Mikey and Barry and as you say there would be no malice in any of those and if anything they would often be accused of being the opposite.

Heard word last night that Kieran Bergin may have broken he's hand at the weekend, would be a setback if true.

Heard word last night that Kieran Bergin may have broken he's hand at the weekend, would be a setback if true.

Confirmed to be out for a month. Yeah that's a real hammer blow. As if we couldnt get off to a worse start, one of our better players to get injured then

Confirmed to be out for a month. Yeah that's a real hammer blow. As if we couldnt get off to a worse start, one of our better players to get injured then

Its a bad blow alright especially as he is new to the team and inter-county hurling and the more game time and training he gets the more beneficial it will be. But as they say one mans misfortune is another mans opportunity and Conor O'Brien who I personally felt should have started the last day will now get he's chance.

More bad news on the injury front John O'Brien has torn he's calf muscle and will be out for 6 weeks, so from having only one forward capable of winning a high ball, we now have none!

We play the loosers of KK and Dublin away, so in all likelyhood a tricky away game in Parnell park, will be a good test of character for Tipp and I fully expect them to perform, it really is now or never.

• Advertisement

More bad news on the injury front John O'Brien has torn he's calf muscle and will be out for 6 weeks, so from having only one forward capable of winning a high ball, we now have none!

We play the loosers of KK and Dublin away, so in all likelyhood a tricky away game in Parnell park, will be a good test of character for Tipp and I fully expect them to perform, it really is now or never.

The talk is that Bergin would have been tried in the forwards before his injury. Thats woeful news re Johno. At least Brendan Maher is back i believe he scored 1-10 for Borris the weekend. Huge plus

The talk is that Bergin would have been tried in the forwards before his injury. Thats woeful news re Johno. At least Brendan Maher is back i believe he scored 1-10 for Borris the weekend. Huge plus

Yeah Bergin plays midfield for the club and hurled in the half forward line U21 so wouldn't have been a huge suprise.

Another big plus is Gearoid Ryan was very good again for Templederry at the weekend, we could do with he's workrate to compliement some of our tippy tappy merchants.

Good news, according to Tony Delaney just now on Tipp FM Johnno's injury not as bad as first feared and he will be back for Sat week!!

Minor team to play Limerick in Semple tomorrow night

Brian Hogan (Lorrha and Dorrha); Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Jason Ryan (Toomevara), Darragh Peters (Kilruane MacDonaghs); Tom Fox (Éire Óg Annacarty), Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Barry Heffernan (Nenagh Éire Óg); Willie Connors (Kildangan), Tom Kirwan (Ballybacon Grange); Sean Ryan (Sean Treacys), Colin O'Riordan (JK Brackens), Mark McCarthy (Toomevara); Sam Conlon (Roscrea), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Conor Lanigan (Thurles Sarsfields). - See more at: http://www.hoganstand.com/Tipperary/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=195188#sthash.btEWHeEM.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheBomber14

anyone on here have info regarding the club results in tipp last weekend..any match reports etc welcome

anyone on here have info regarding the club results in tipp last weekend..any match reports etc welcome

There was 16 senior games played last weekend, all the favourites obliged with the exception of Kildangan who were beaten by Killenaule, not a huge shock though.

The two highest profile games were Nenagh v Clonoulty and Drom-Inch v Borrisleigh with Nenagh and Drom winning out in two close fought games, the Nenagh game particularly could have went either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Good win for the Football Minors, great to see teams from all divisions producing good footballers, for too long it was considered a "Southern Thing".

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Anybody here with the full Tipperary team for tomorrow including subs. Thanks! :)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

With the help of the Tipperary GAA website I am happy to say that I can answer my own question.

Darren Gleeson (Portroe)
    )

Cathal Barrett (Holycross-Ballycahil) Conor O’Mahony (Newport) Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)

James Barry (Upper Church -Drombane) Brendan Maher, Capt, (Borrisoleigh) Padraic Maher (Thurles Sars)

Kieran Bergin (Killenaule) James Woodlock (Drom &Inch)

Denis Maher (Thurles Sars) Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleliney) Patrick “Bonner”Maher (Lorra-Dorrha)

John O’Dwyer “Bubbles” (Killenaule) Seamus Callinan (Drom &Inch) Niall O’Meara (Kilruane McDonaghs)

Subs will probably include the following players who played against Cork........Darragh Egan, Paddy Stapleton, Conor O’Brien, Thomas Stapleton, Shane Bourke, Eoin Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

When did Semple get renamed?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrox_Stadium

When did Semple get renamed?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrox_Stadium

Page was last edited 20 mins before you post that here, do you really expect anyone to believe it wasn't you who altered the page, or for that matter for anyone to care??

Surely you can do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Page was last edited 20 mins before you post that here, do you really expect anyone to believe it wasn't you who altered the page, or for that matter for anyone to care??

Surely you can do better than that.

Well obviously you care. :D I saw it on TFK and posted it here, so I guess the author will remain a mystery.

Advertisement