Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a sited mobile-home

Options
  • 04-04-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    Looking for information on selling a mobile home which is already sited in a park. I have decided to sell a mobile home I bought a few years ago and park owners are now saying I have to give them a few thousand euro from the sale. I was never told this when I bought the mobile home originally. Has anyone had this experience? Is it standard practice for park owners to ask for a cut from the sale? If so - is it a set fee or a certain percentage of the sale? Have people been made aware of this fee before they bought the mobile home? We didn't sign any contract or see any terms and conditions of sale. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Whizzgirl wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for information on selling a mobile home which is already sited in a park. I have decided to sell a mobile home I bought a few years ago and park owners are now saying I have to give them a few thousand euro from the sale. I was never told this when I bought the mobile home originally. Has anyone had this experience? Is it standard practice for park owners to ask for a cut from the sale? If so - is it a set fee or a certain percentage of the sale? Have people been made aware of this fee before they bought the mobile home? We didn't sign any contract or see any terms and conditions of sale. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

If you didn't sign a contract whats to say you own it or have any rights over it or the site its on, I'd talk to your solicitor it will be much cheaper than giving this crowd a couple of grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

From what I hear this is standard practice on mobile home sites, the other version is your only allowed sell through them so they take their cut that way

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I'm on the lookout for a mobile home sited. Can you pm me the details. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I am in the process of buying a mobile home - we are new to this, but one thing we learned fast was that there are very few sites available, so the site owners hold all the trump cards and can probably do whatever they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Had a look, didn't like the setup so got a motorhome and now if I don't like the site, the neighbours or the weather, I move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement