Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest lies in movies...

Options
  • 26-03-2015 4:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

For me its when people crawl under the bed theres never 6 inches of hair/toenail/dust bunny, the wee plastic ends off tampons, Nerf bullets or stray socks. Bastards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Shot at car. Blows up!

Really fine ladies having an interest in Shia LeBeouf in the Transformers movies ( or any movie ), I mean COME ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

For me its when people crawl under the bed theres never 6 inches of hair/toenail/dust bunny, the wee plastic ends off tampons, Nerf bullets or stray socks. Bastards.

Have you ever seen "how clean is your house"?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Total darkness......

....Fridge Door opens, Let there be light on a scale akin to sitting 4 cm's from the surface of the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Police using car doors as cover during a firefight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Close up shot of one type of airplane taking off. Next scene, long shot of completely different type of plane which is supposed to be the same plane as the previous scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

That stalking someone is an acceptable form of courtship (see every 'romantic' movie ever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Biggest lie is that someone will somehow save the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Agricola wrote: »

Or the meaty V8 roar you get out of a 30 year old Volvo turbo brick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Happy endings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I've never been able to speed up or slow down time. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Cars explode as soon as they have any sort of collision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

That token older gentleman - our hero - manages to attract the attention of the hottest female in the movie. The older western movies were priceless; John Wayne and co were all in their sixties and yet they pulled the 20-30 year old damsel in distress. Similarly an ancient Roger Moore as Bond...They can't all have daddy issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Below average to waaay below average looking guys paired with much better looking women.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Silencers making guns silent, with that cool 'pfoot' sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

YbFocus wrote: »
    I've never been able to speed up or slow down time. .

I can. It's quite simple. If you really want/need time to slow down, it'll speed up and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All ugly girls are secretly stunners who just wear bad clothes, glasses and need a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Agricola wrote: »

This actually happens. In the US car doors are specially armoured to resist penetration by small arms, so unless the suspect has a bazooka then it's better than standing out in the open.
    jaja321 wrote: »
    Below average to waaay below average looking guys paired with much better looking women.

Also happens in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Zillah wrote: »

Also happens in real life.

I'd argue that's it's nowhere near to the same extent, nor are the differences as vast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That Irish people all speak like we need subtitles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

That Michael Collins was straight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Women wake up in bed with perfect hair and perfect makeup every morning, it's like magic and the bed doesn't look slept in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

All phone numbers begin with...555.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The L shaped bed sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

The baddie is a crack shot until he/she goes to shoot the hero/heroine and suddenly their aim goes to sh1t and despite firing 20 million bullets at point blank range none of them find the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Noone has walked away from an explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭secman

At the end of Braveheart where it states that Scotland won their freedom....... couldn't even win a referendum. ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Whispered conversations in nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Soups123

That you can be shot at 1000 times from the ground and air and not get hit yet you can take down a helicopter and 15 men on the ground with just 16 bullets, and continue to be missed while your ducked and reloading your gun, allst while having a hot lady follow around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Soups123

Oh and everyone who is getting chased falls and either sprains the ankle or buckles the knee without fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Whenever the goodies are going somewhere in a big city, to interview a suspect or whatever, they just park outside the door. You never see them driving around for half an hour looking for a parking spot or a multi story, then have to walk two or three miles to where they are going.

Can't count the number of films that has ruined for me.

Advertisement