Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What headsets are Ps4 people using?

• 21-03-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Looking at upgrading from the bog standard mic that comes with the ps4.

Any recommendations? Will only be used with gta.

Thinking of going for the ps4 gold 2.0 headset. Anyone using this particular one. Seems to be getting good reviews.

All advice and opinions appreciated?

Do you use a headset 0 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I bought Turtle Beach Stealth 400 yesterday.... I'm REALLY liking them.
    Sound is very clear. And the few people Ive asked online say Im coming through clear on their side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Looking at upgrading from the bog standard mic that comes with the ps4.

Any recommendations? Will only be used with gta.

Thinking of going for the ps4 gold 2.0 headset. Anyone using this particular one. Seems to be getting good reviews.

All advice and opinions appreciated?
    Got that ps4 one for Xmas couldn't be without it now hear everything nicely battery is averagely good and sits comfortably on me ole head so that's a +...
    Only fault I av is the wireless range I walk to me stove to put on me fire which is in the same roomand it can disconnect me but get back in range and all is a ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have the gold one myself and pretty happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Sounds good. probably a stupid question but how do the headsets manage all the sfx, chat and controller speaker audio. Do I need the headset connected to controller or will the controller speaker audio just come through the headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Using the free one that came with it, nothing fancy but does the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Sounds good. probably a stupid question but how do the headsets manage all the sfx, chat and controller speaker audio. Do I need the headset connected to controller or will the controller speaker audio just come through the headset.

You can turn the controller speaker off in the in game options. Then itll just come through as normal audio.
    The headsets discussed have options then to pipe you the in game audio and/or chat straight to your headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah i was looking to turn off the voices through the controller. Nice touch but getting sick of it. Didn't know you can have it solely come through the telly instead. Will give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I've the Turtle Beach PX22. They are a bit pricey, about 70 euro, but I find them great. I can wear them for hours without any discomfort which I can't say for most headsets. It has a really long cable (although the connection cables for the TV and console are kinda short) and a handy control panel for adjusting the mic volume, game volume, chat volume, bass, treble and switching the mic on and off. They also work for pc, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one and even phones.

I'm very happy with them and would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Have the golds myself, really like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

When people refer to 'gold', are you talking about these:

www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269.htm

And if you are, why are they called gold? :)

• Advertisement

Thats them yeah. I wondered myself why there known as Gold. Nothing gold about them :)

Smyths have them for €85

Thats them yeah. I wondered myself why there known as Gold. Nothing gold about them :)

Smyths have them for €85

Maybe some people see them as white and gold, instead of blue and black :D

I've been looking at them for a while now myself, but they never seem to go down by much!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Maybe some people see them as white and gold, instead of blue and black :D

I've been looking at them for a while now myself, but they never seem to go down by much!

Haha very good.

Yeah heard of few people getting lucky through Amazon but usually with shipping they work out quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Smyths have them for €85

Gold standard for us more important ppl in life if ya know what I'm saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

If I remember right they were marketed in the US as 'gold' and 2.0 in Europe, we must like incremented numbers more than shiny things.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    If I remember right they were marketed in the US as 'gold' and 2.0 in Europe, we must like incremented numbers more than shiny things.

That's it alright, just checked amazon.com
    The US got a Gold (wireless) and Silver (wired) edition of the headset.

The world make temporary sense again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-788-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00LNJZTTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427105755&sr=8-1&keywords=plantronics+gamecom+788
    I use this lads, primarily a PC gaming headset (simulated 7.1 surround on PC) but it plugs in USB on the PS and no chat lead necessary and it works great, chat is crisp (so ive been told) and the game sounds are great, although for some reason I cant control the volume from my headset, only through my PS settings.

Advertisement