Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA Heists - Now Live

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Getting loads of invites to heists but am afraid of my life to accept them in case I get disconnected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Yes that was me, sorry about that fellas, we had a good run though didnt we! i must admit i was enjoying it too as they are quite challenging

We did predict these severs weren't going to last long though so im not really surprised

Id say in future we best stay in private hosted rooms as i could see it struggling with 30 player servers, i was getting white and blank screens and cluttered graphics

Apart from that i will admit i did enjoy what i've seen so far

Quick heads up with no spoilers.. the first mission, use the d-pad instead of the analogue stick to hack the terminal ;)

Enjoy fellas :)

I don't think it was your connection Commodore, everyone kept getting kicked from lobbys since. I got thrown out to single player, then cannot get back online at all. Messages about "files missing" and R* cloud servers etc. I've stuck a static ip on my PS4, will try again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Regarding the award for doing all 5 heists in a row, do ya reckon if I done the first heist already, and then done it again with another one of the lads, and then the second one it would still count as doing all 5 in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Downloaded update fine, Keep getting Rockstar services not available/Kicked due to unknown network error.

Turned off before it goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

That's it now controller is broke stupid sh1te server's can't even start a Heist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

AAArgh. Got in with a couple of the boards crew. Got kicked. Lester won't even give me a call now. Must have gotten a bad rep>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll be online in an hour or so... if anyone wants to start heisting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

The download started this morning, when I was going to work there was 3 hours left. I left it on standby all day, I'm home now 10 hours later and there's 6 hours left to download. I guess I'll not be playing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

453 mins to download the update. Don't think I'll be playing for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

It was a 1GB update on the xbox 360. I'm guessing you're all on xbox one. What's the file size for that update?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Download didn't take too long this afternoon. Said 3 hours but was done in less than 1. Haven't done anything heist related other than check out the flare gun & outfits, going to stay away until things are a bit more stable. I did complete the daily challenge thing though, $25k & 3k rep points for using the shooting range, buying some bull shark testosterone from Brucie & doing a contact mission (+ another $15k for completing the mission). Well worth the effort! Also got $100k for selling 2 modified Sandkings from my garage in Paleto Bay. Was on for about an hour, did nothing basically & made $150k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

toanyone know the general rp payout in them, rather level up my PS3 character before transferring to PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

RonanP77 wrote: »
    The download started this morning, when I was going to work there was 3 hours left. I left it on standby all day, I'm home now 10 hours later and there's 6 hours left to download. I guess I'll not be playing tonight

update took good few hours for me today while I was at work. Had the missus keeping an eye on it for me. none of us with it downloaded are able to play anyway by the looks of it.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Download didn't take too long this afternoon. Said 3 hours but was done in less than 1. Haven't done anything heist related other than check out the flare gun & outfits, going to stay away until things are a bit more stable. I did complete the daily challenge thing though, $25k & 3k rep points for using the shooting range, buying some bull shark testosterone from Brucie & doing a contact mission (+ another $15k for completing the mission). Well worth the effort! Also got $100k for selling 2 modified Sandkings from my garage in Paleto Bay. Was on for about an hour, did nothing basically & made $150k!

I have that challenge too, been to the shooting range twice and still hasnt been completed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Xbox live is now having problems as well, stores all down at the moment. Still unable to get in all day. Heist update is out ages and still not got to play it yet. Terrible service Rockstar. I know xbox one had an update today too so could explain the live outage.

Anyone want to join me to do the first introduction heist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me to do the first introduction heist.

Will be on in a few minutes
    Psn Eoin_McLovin
    * can't connect to online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rockstar services down. Is anyone actually online or down for everyone?

sheehy83 wrote: »

I'm online but not working great.

Got kicked from intro heist with sparky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Still trying to download the update :( Forgot I unplugged the network cable and plugged it back in but it hasn't made any difference

• Advertisement

Yeah actually who has been able to get access in the last 2 hours? Anybody, and if so what console?

I'm just after finishing the Fleeca heist with another crew member like 5 minutes ago (PS4). Had no issues or disconnects during it. Then I left online when it finished and can't seem to connect again.

I'd say they're prioritising players with heists underway and people just trying to enter lobbies are shit outta luck while traffic remains high.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I have that challenge too, been to the shooting range twice and still hasnt been completed :(

I went to the Ammunation near where the insurance place respawns your personal vehicles. Walked into the shooting range & into the blue mission trigger. Did 2 rounds of it alone with a minigun & as soon as I left I got the confirmation message.
    It was earlier today, before all the server problems & stuff so you might have completed it but it's just taking its time to register or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Same here....
    I'm after cleaning the kitchen top to bottom as a deal with the wife to be left the fúck alone tonight for a few hours.... Rockstar, you cúnts OWE me!!

Had a great laugh online with the lads there. Not playing gta or anything, just chatting in a chat party. Ah good times.

This is like waking up on Christmas day and your not allowed open all your presents.

Trying to get online over 5 hours and not one single connection.

I really cant get my head around it, from past experiences how the f**k can they not expect this sort of traffic?? This is the third time its happened right? With the amount of money everyone has forked out for the game, buying it on previous consoles and on next gen, you think theyd be able to get servers that can handle this sort of stress?? And no doubt theyll probably look for more money when they bring out more heists!! Absolute shambles, really p**sed off with rockstar.

So we can expect another outage when the PC version rolls out too?

Ah sure we could be waiting till next year at this rate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The only problem I have had online is accepting missions, I keep getting a failed to join message.
    I havent bothered trying the Heists yet but I did complete the Daily Challenge which were Do a Parachute, Bribe cops and cause havoc and the last was evade a 3 star wanted level.

Can't connect now whatsoever.

Getting the 'files can't be downloaded' message constantly.

The last few switch-scenes between online and SP have been of Michael sitting in front of his TV and getting frustrated, which is kinda fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Proco and i did the first Heist and boy did it rage a few goes to get the heists going!
    The terminal hack, Christ i was ready to tear my hair out

Shut the 360 down for a while and hoped it could help. Back on again and still getting the downloaded files error.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Proco and i did the first Heist and boy did it rage a few goes to get the heists going!
    The terminal hack, Christ i was ready to tear my hair out

It was good craic, I'll be back online tomorrow to do another one.

Anyone got the list of the Heists in the order that they should be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    It was good craic, I'll be back online tomorrow to do another one.

Anyone got the list of the Heists in the order that they should be done?

I'm presuming you can only host them in order. First is the fleece bank. Second is prison break and I'm not sure after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can't connect now whatsoever.

Getting the 'files can't be downloaded' message constantly.

The last few switch-scenes between online and SP have been of Michael sitting in front of his TV and getting frustrated, which is kinda fitting.

Same here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Can't get on either, very frustrating.

Finally got online and so far no issues. Haven't noticed anything too new, a few bits and pieces here and there. Haven't done any heists yet, tried to join Dusty but said his session was full. Masks are the best part so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I tried getting on there for about 5 minutes, I gave up after that. All I wanted to do was buy a leather jacket, sell a Sandking and see what new vehicles I could buy. It said the servers were unavailable a few times and twice it said something couldn't be downloaded. I'll try to get on for an hour tomorrow evening. I don't intend trying Heists until the weekend anyway.

Hey Rockstar....

ezgif-101310790.gif

Stolen from gta forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I actually like the way the messages for missions show up on your phone and the different colours for when they show up on the screen over the mini map.
    Also noticed that you can see through the grates at your garage from the outside

Downloading now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Downloading now :)

Yea, you won't be putting smiley faces for long pal....

Yea, you won't be putting smiley faces for long pal....

Its a start! But yup struggling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Yeah, I can't get on at all. Even when trying to accept invites to join a session I progress.

Kinda frustrating. Again.

Heading on now to try again. Fingers crossed.

Starting heist now if anybody interested
    Psn Eoin_McLovin

Yeah, I can't get on at all. Even when trying to accept invites to join a session I progress.

Kinda frustrating. Again.

I can get online, join lobbies etc.. but get kicked whenever I try to host or join a heist

Starting heist now if anybody interested
    Psn Eoin_McLovin

You still looking?

You still looking?

Yup sent you invite

• Advertisement
Advertisement