Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 25-02-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I just registered on to boards.ie.

I just wanted to clarify some do's and don'ts on the Christian forum.

For example are there rules against posting links in your posts or anything else that I need to be aware of when discussing topics with everyone?

Many Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Hi all,

I just registered on to boards.ie.

I just wanted to clarify some do's and don'ts on the Christian forum.

For example are there rules against posting links in your posts or anything else that I need to be aware of when discussing topics with everyone?

Many Thanks,

Joe

Most of the forums on Boards.ie have a Forum Charter as a sticky post on the forum page, near the top. The purpose of the Charter is to lay out the ground rules for posting in each forum. If there is something that isn't covered in the Charter and you are unsure about, sending a Private Message to one of the moderators of the forum can help clarify is something is unacceptable.

Christianity Charter

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Joseph Reilly

Thanks for that. I have read it and have no problem with the rules.

However, I once opened an account on these forums before and shortly after joining I was banned with a reason saying: pimp.

I have no idea what that means. I emailed the administrators of boards.ie and never got a response back. To the best of my knowledge I didn't post anything that could have been misconstrued as offensive.

I did however post a link to another ministry's website to help answer another post. Could that be the reason?

Thanks,

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I did however post a link to another ministry's website to help answer another post. Could that be the reason?
    Depends on the context, we do get alot of people registering on boards just to advertise and "pimp" their site. If your first post was a link to another site it may have been taken that you were here for no reason other to get more people to go to that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Thanks for that. I have read it and have no problem with the rules.

However, I once opened an account on these forums before and shortly after joining I was banned with a reason saying: pimp.

I have no idea what that means. I emailed the administrators of boards.ie and never got a response back. To the best of my knowledge I didn't post anything that could have been misconstrued as offensive.

Thanks,

Joe
    I seriously doubt you were site banned from Boards.ie without good reason.

Also creating a new account when you have an old banned one is not good and will likely result in you getting in more trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You were banned because you were seen to be working in conjunction with another user in an attempt to promote your ministry through discussion of same on the christianity forum.

That is, instead of attempting to discuss particular issues pertaining to christianity, you appeared to simply be saying, "This is what my ministry believes, end of". Otherwise known as "pimping". Best definition of "pimping" taken from urbandictionary.com is "To strongly promote and support a certain thing."
    On boards, such promotion is disallowed, unless you are otherwise providing valid contributions to the thread.

As a general rule, if you are going to post a link then do so to back up a point. Your link should be relevant to the topic of your post and should back up whatever opinion you are giving. A link shouldn't be a link to your opinion nor a link to random stories or sermons.

That you were good enough to post here asking for clarification means that I won't ban you again. However, PM Asiaprod and BrianCalgary to ask them if they are OK with you contributing on their forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I'm Ok with you rbeing here Joseph, you are part of the family until you break the rules.

Welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Joseph Reilly

Thank you. I have sent a PM to Asiaprod.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I had no idea that what I did was an infringement, but it was well intentioned as I was trying refer a person to a site which would help them as a response to their post.

Apologies,

Joe

Advertisement