Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OK, I need some advice

• 22-09-2006 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭

This morning I was cycling into work (9:45am) about to enter Templogue village heading towards town.
    I choose not to use the bike path as its shared with pedestrians and has a bus stop in the middle of it.
    Also once you get to the village its parked on by cars at the hardware shop etc.
    I was as close in to the curb as is safe (~1 foot) and moving at about 20kph.

I hear a loud beep behind me and turn around to see a coach driver shouting at me that I have to be "over there" i.e the bike track.
    I shake my head at him as (having just read the rules of the road last night) I know that I *should* use the bike lane if provided not *must*.
    He keeps beeping and driving right on top of me so I move further out into the road, about the middle of the lane.
    I did this because
    a) he was pissing me off
    b) if I have a lunatic driving like that behind me I want to give myself somewhere to go if he gets worse.

He then passes me out (like he could have done all along, there were large gaps in the oncoming traffic) and then tries to run me off the road.
    I mean literally. I can see him in his inside mirror looking at me as he slows down to my speed and moves closer and closer to the curb.
    He is about 1foot from me and getting closer before I get a break in the curb and get onto the bike path.
    I then continue on the bike path until it joins the bus lane/left turn lane at the end of the village (@ the Morgue)
    He then tries the same trick except this time I am being forced into a curb with parked cars on it, again he gets to within a foot and I jump the curb.

I caught up with him at Terenure Village and too a photo of his reg and of him.

What should I do next, if anything?

As you might expect, Im seething.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Afraid I don't know the answer but I hope someone does and you can do something about it. I'm just posting to suggest you also as on
    >fitness>cycling
    as there are some experts in this sort of thing over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Mmmm... you have a right to cycle on the road as per the rules of the road. However, given your description of events it sounds like there was two of you in it so I would put down to experience. He annoyed you, you annoyed him and suddenly its you against him but he has the bigger vehicle (and should be more responsible). Wrong fight to pick. You can go to the Gardai but he'll counterclaim that you weren't using the cycle track and then you were weaving out in front of him. A hiding to nowhere me thinks. You lost the moral high ground by your actions (not that the driver was any better).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

And regarding the fact that he attempted to kill me?
    Twice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is disgraceful behavior from a professional driver,at very least you should ring up his employers and fill them in on the kind of lunatic they have working for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Bus lanes are for buses... cycle lanes are for cycles.. Use them accordingly.

As for reporting him i would'nt waste my time you'll report it to dublin bus and they won't give a ****, the Gardai won't give a ****. He won't give a **** so i suppose the safest thing to do is use the area provided for your mode of transport and been done with it.

Let it go, buses and taxis are a shower of W#$kers.

• Advertisement

It was s private coach, not a dublin bus (or CIE)
    The bus lane towards the end of the post is a bus/bicycle lane.
    Interesting enough, the photo I took of him also has him using his mobile phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

stifz wrote:

This is true but if a bike is using the bus lane the driver just has to deal with it not try to run them off the road.A bus or taxi driver is not there in enforce the law they are there to drive.

As I said this is totally unacceptable behavior from a professional driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

happens to me regularly!

but I'll be straight! if there is a cycle lane thats single unbroken white line you should be there!

the issue of trying to knock you off is that you should get his reg and contac the guards! or the company itself who owns the bus

and that pic to the gardai would piss him off too! :-)

"PEDAL POWER!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Complain to his employer. Nobody wants a sociopath working for them; they attract law suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

stifz wrote:
    Bus lanes are for buses...

Buses only use the bus lanes when it suits them, when there is no traffic on the normal lane they won't go into the bus lane. Given that its a private company you should at least ring them up and complain, even if just about the mobile phone incident.

Although, he could turn out to be the owner and in that case wont care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

if it was me, I would have just ignored him in the first place and let him wallow in his own frustration.
    He ain't going to knock you off on purpose unless he wants a jail sentence.
    Chalk it up to experience

You should always try and stay calm on the road and avoid getting into circumstances which endanger you

Unfortunately he was trying to knock me down on purpose, twice he matched my speed and drifted in closer and closer forcing me to take evasive action, all the while watching me through his mirror.

I'm naturally going to catch up with him, he just didnt want me to pass him out.

Its a smalltime outfit from Clare so he probably was the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Legally if there is a cycle lane (marked properly as defined in the law) you must use it. This was brought into law a few years ago but the rules of the road have not been updated; the new draft indeed says "must" rather than "should."

Of course some cycle lanes are simply unusable, and exactly what you described has happened to me, about four times I would reckon, although more recently, possibly due to the law change although I'm also cycling more - happened twice this summer. This is not just people passing too close which happens every day; I am referring to this _deliberate_ swerving into you to make a point about your not using the cycle lane. (And this is exactly what they were doing as I took them up about the point at the lights.)

You are quite right to cycle in the middle of the lane in those circumstances; as you say if you suspect someone is going to pass you too close you need the room to swerve into (while applying your brakes so you can get behind them ASAP.)

The law needs to be changed; having a law stating that cyclist _must_ use unusable cycle lanes is simply a gift to a small minority of vigilante motorists. If I see a motorist speeding, does that give me a license to shoot them? Of course not, but a small minority feel this way about cyclists - "teach them a lesson."

I would complain to the employer and call the Garda Traffic Watch line as advised in other threads. In my experience reporting these incidents to a station gets you nowhere but others have had good results with Traffic Watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

You could tell his employer that you're considering legal action and see what happens!! Who knows, they might even offer to settle (Unlikely I know but what have you got to loose?)

Alternativaly you could actually seek legal advice with someone in that specific area of the law, with a view to actually taking legal action, maybe on a no win no fee basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Traffic watch number is 1890 - 205805.

The DCC have a campaign to make riding in cycle lanes non-manditory:
    http://home.connect.ie/dcc/submissions/mandatory_use_cullen060223.html

If you have a picture of on the phone i suggest to report him.. In fairness you should'nt have been in the lane and you provoked him just as much as he you by moving to the centre of the bus lane to block.. he alerted you to the fact you were in the wrong you fuelled the fire by blocking and so.. on... There is also a traffic law for the misuse of roadways by non-mechanically propelled vehicles. i.e lane position and right of way etc etc etc.

theirs a pair of you in it!

I don't agree with using the bus to intimidate you so if you wana get it off your chest i've found the lads in dublin castle traffic corps very helpful. T:666 0000 The bottom line is if you want to get him charged you have to go to court.. as witness, and you may need other witnesses to the incident to verify. Otherwise he can be cautioned at the gaurds descetion..based on your account of the incident.

IF you are gonna do it give your contact details and let the gaurds know if your willing to go to court. Don't mess them around as we deal with it everyday with no follow through on the court date.

King Raam wrote:
    He ain't going to knock you off on purpose unless he wants a jail sentence.
    I disagree with this. There are a certain small minority of motorists who will _deliberately_ try to knock you off to make a point about not cycling in the cycle lane. TBH it would be a minor inconvenience for them; what if there were no witnesses? _Very_ few people are prosecuted for hitting cyclists and those who are generally avoid custodial sentences, even if the death of the cyclist resulted. It's difficult to prove the "deliberate" rather than simply "negligent" bit, but even people convicted of deliberately trying to hit cyclists often get desultory sentences, or indeed none at all.

Example - deliberately swerved at a peleton of cyclists, probably only procecuted because one of them happened to be an off-duty police officer, and the driver doesn't even get a license suspension.

And there are others who will just because they hate cyclists (or roll down the passenger window and yell at you unexpectedly as they pass, or throw something at you, or reach out and give you a push - all of these have happened to me personally or my friends.)
    King Raam wrote:
    You should always try and stay calm on the road and avoid getting into circumstances which endanger you
    Fullly agree, but sometimes christ it can be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

stop asking questions on an internet boards site... go to the police with a copy of the picture and tell them what happened and you want him charged with attempted murder or something... they will have to take it seriously.

Saruman wrote:
    stop asking questions on an internet boards site... go to the police with a copy of the picture and tell them what happened and you want him charged with attempted murder or something... they will have to take it seriously.

mmh.
    A photograph will definitely prove attempted murder.. That shifty look in his eyes!!!:eek:

blorg wrote:
    Legally if there is a cycle lane (marked properly as defined in the law) you must use it. This was brought into law a few years ago but the rules of the road have not been updated; the new draft indeed says "must" rather than "should."
    Actually thats not true.
    You must

* Cycle in single file when overtaking (when overtaking parked vehicles beware of doors that may open suddenly),
    * Cycle in single file if to cycle two abreast would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct other traffic or pedestrians,
    * Give your name and address, if requested, to a Garda,
    * Obey signals given by a Garda or School Warden,
    * Obey all rules applying to road traffic signs and road markings including signs and signals at traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, pelican crossings, level crossings and zebra crossings,
    * Know the meaning of hand signals for cyclists and use them when cycling.

You should

* Cycle on cycle tracks where such facilities are provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭randomname2005

stifz wrote:

As for reporting him i would'nt waste my time you'll report it to dublin bus and they won't give a ****, the Gardai won't give a ****. He won't give a **** so i suppose the safest thing to do is use the area provided for your mode of transport and been done with it.

Let it go, buses and taxis are a shower of W#$kers.

Unfortunatly cycle lanes are often NOT the safest thing to be doing for his mode of transport, especially when they are shared with pedestrians.
    R

aodhu wrote:
    You could tell his employer that you're considering legal action and see what happens!! Who knows, they might even offer to settle (Unlikely I know but what have you got to loose?)

Alternativaly you could actually seek legal advice with someone in that specific area of the law, with a view to actually taking legal action, maybe on a no win no fee basis?
    The driver didn't hit him, so I would imagine there is no basis for a civil action. There would be basis for a criminal action so take it to the police / Traffic Watch (by all means complain to his employer and say you are taking it to the gardaí but don't bother threatening legal action.)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

definitely call traffic watch and report it.

GreeBo- That is the old (current) Rules of the Road, which are a guide and not legislation. See my previous post.

blorg wrote:
    GreeBo- That is the old (current) Rules of the Road, which are a guide and not legislation. See my previous post.

nope, thats what I got from the draft new one...

<edit> so what is the point in a guide that contradicts legislation?

The new draft (AFAIK) is here, and states "A pedal cyclist must use a cycle track where one is provided unless there is an obstruction in the track or because of an emergency situation confronting the cyclist." But to a certain extent this is in any case irrelevant as the Rules of the Road are _not_ legislation, they are an interpretation of existing legislation. The legislation making cycle lanes mandatory was passed in 1998:
    (3) (a) Subject to paragraph (b), a pedal cycle must be driven on a cycle track where one is provided.

My "previous post" that I referred to explaining this was actually in another thread! Silly me.

I used to think it was "should" also but was corrected by some other members of boards.ie. The current guide doesn't contradict legislation, it is just out of date; it was right when it was first published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I know this track well, its just beside ashfield college it is very badly designed and as the OP says there is a bus stop in the middle of it and then a school.

You would be better off using the cycle track on the opposite side of the road in the morning from templeogue bridge down as far as hollingsworths cycles imo.

As for complaint against the driver you cant prove anything without witnesses, its your word against his, the gardai have to have a burden of proof the get a conviction with so little evidence they cant do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

GreeBo wrote:
    Twice.

Only because of your deliberate actions that put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation. You escalated the event.

What could have happened after he beeped you? You could have pulled over and allowed him pass. Yes, in effect he was bullying you off the road. But you chose otherwise and the situation escalated leading to two situations where you would have come off the worst. Both of you were equally in the wrong at this stage.

As I said, I'd leave well enough alone and file under experience.

BrianD wrote:
    Only because of your deliberate actions that put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation. You escalated the event.
    Well Officer I shot him becuase he started it???
    My deliberate actions were to continue to cycle on the road.
    BrianD wrote:
    What could have happened after he beeped you? You could have pulled over and allowed him pass. Yes, in effect he was bullying you off the road. But you chose otherwise and the situation escalated leading to two situations where you would have come off the worst. Both of you were equally in the wrong at this stage.
    As I stated in my first post, I was in as close to the curb as possible, no one else had a problem overtaking me, if the driver felt it was not safe to overtake then he should have waited.

• Advertisement

blorg wrote:
    The new draft (AFAIK) is here, and states "A pedal cyclist must use a cycle track where one is provided unless there is an obstruction in the track or because of an emergency situation confronting the cyclist." But to a certain extent this is in any case irrelevant as the Rules of the Road are _not_ legislation, they are an interpretation of existing legislation. The legislation making cycle lanes mandatory was passed in 1998:
    If you look at the bottom of page 78 you will see my quote there aswell.
    It would appear that the "rules" contracdict themselves in this case.

Why bother wind yourself up even more by snapping a snarling in a forum?! Right or wrong theirs part blame on both your behalf and your lucky that you took on a bus with enormous blind spots and came away to write the post in this section.

I came across an incident recently with a van and car arguement.. the car beeped the van and over took it. the van guy went mental so the car jammed on. Smack bang up the cars arse the van went and after it all he had to pay for both vehicles to be fixed.. as he was'nt a safe distance away to stop.

Bottom line is... act the pr*ck you'll get caught up a tussel.. whether right or wrong. He who laughs and walks away is the strong..ggrrrhhh

Sooo..Are you going to report him or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

stifz wrote:
    I came across an incident recently with a van and car arguement.. the car beeped the van and over took it. the van guy went mental so the car jammed on. Smack bang up the cars arse the van went and after it all he had to pay for both vehicles to be fixed.. as he was'nt a safe distance away to stop.

What exactly did the van driver do? I'm sure the Van drive wouldn't have been caught for everything. If the car driver pulled in and jammed on wouldn't that be considered dangerous driving??

Irish law states that if a vehicle hits the rear of another regardless of circumstances the driver is immediatley at fault for not travelling a safe distance relavant to his speed behind the vehicle in front the driver has not allowed breaking time / distance and therefore is at fault... AND.. the van driver can charged with dangerous driving without due care and attention. His insurance is liable for costs to fix the damaged 3rd parties vehicle. Without question. regardless of the reason why the front car proceeded to emergency stop. In spite or in emergency.

It is only ever questioned when it's a pile up and one car pushes one on to another. And even in those cases it tends to be a case of chain claim. car A pays for B car B pays for C and so on. Even though car A caused the whole bloody accident..:eek: these tend to end up in court but the outcome is the same - chain claim..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Important points:
    A pedal cycle is required to use a cycle track when one is provided.
    A cycle track consists of a road marking RRM 022 (solid white line) or RRM 023 (broken white line (note "spaced approximately 750 millimetres apart")), with a single line indicating the right hand edge and double lines indicating the right and left hand edges; and a road sign RUS 009 or RUS 009A associated with the road markings.
    The period of operation of a cycle track is indicated by an information plate in association with the traffic sign.

Forget about the rules of the road, you need Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) Regulations, 1998 and Road Traffic (Signs) (Amendment) Regulations, 1998.

Now lets look at the pictures for the section in question 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, note photos are from May 2005.

So based on these photos that is not a cycle track and pedal cyclists are not required to use it. Because there is no associated cycle track road traffic sign and the major break in the road markings.

You should report that bus driver for dangours driving, ring traffic watch1890 205805 and give your details, if/when they call you back say you want to make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

GreeBo wrote:
    Twice.
    Thats a bit over the top Id say, If the guy tried to kill you (a cyclist) in his bus, I dont think you would be able to post here today for some reason.
    It is bad behaviour for a professinal driver, but your behaviour was also bad, 2 wrongs dont make a right and all that. Not really much you can do Id say unless you have witnesses, My advice is try not to provoke too many drivers in future or one may really try to kill you someday.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm not sure who's behaviour was more foolish/dangerous.
    The OP was cycling in a place he shouldn't have been, this iritated a bus driver who was obviously a bit worked up, and the OP response is to move out and blok him even more = aggrevate hime even more. With wht you read in the papers these days, i consider the OP's actions rather dangerous. Does he not fear for his own safety. What if the bus driver "flipped", and just mowed you down - not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Seeing as you comitted the 1st offence, i think you should get down off your high horse and stop being a hypocrite. 2 wrongs don't make a right and i'm not defending the bus drivers actions.
    Get over it and obey the law of the land the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

spareman wrote:
    Thats a bit over the top Id say, If the guy tried to kill you (a cyclist) in his bus, I dont think you would be able to post here today for some reason.
    It is bad behaviour for a professinal driver, but your behaviour was also bad, 2 wrongs dont make a right and all that. Not really much you can do Id say unless you have witnesses, My advice is try not to provoke too many drivers in future or one may really try to kill you someday.;)

What, haven't you ever watched "Cops"?
    Anytime a person uses their vehicle as a weapon (in USA) it seems to automatically carry an Attempted Murder charge.

on Edit:
    Jaysus i just had a look at those pics put up by robfitz (nice work btw), that is absoltely shocking.
    Little wonder the OP would prefer not to endanger himself and pedestrians trying to use that pathetic "cycle track".
    I don't even think that blue sign w/ pedestrian and bicycle is legal.
    Amazing what the council tries to get away with.

jman0 wrote:
    What, haven't you ever watched "Cops"?
    Anytime a person uses their vehicle as a weapon (in USA) it seems to automatically carry an Attempted Murder charge.
    And of course whatever we see on the US TV program "Cops" automatically means that those same laws apply here in Ireland...:rolleyes:

You probably wouldn't even get a murder conviction even if he did kiil the cyclist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I agree with the recommendations to report it to the Traffic Watch line. This gets it logged on the Garda system straight away, and it's harder for an investigating guard to brush it off.

It may well be worth calling the employer - remember the 'Hows my driving' signs that you see on some commercial vans & coaches? Employers will generally want to know.

Can the OP please confirm if it was a solid or broken white line seperating the cycle lane from the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

RainyDay wrote:
    I agree with the recommendations to report it to the Traffic Watch line. This gets it logged on the Garda system straight away, and it's harder for an investigating guard to brush it off.

It may well be worth calling the employer - remember the 'Hows my driving' signs that you see on some commercial vans & coaches? Employers will generally want to know.

Can the OP please confirm if it was a solid or broken white line seperating the cycle lane from the road?

im not the OP but it is a shared track on the path, solid lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Having looked at the pics I can't agree with the OP. Whatever shortcomings the cycle lane might have, it looks a hell of a lot more inviting to me than being in the middle of a roadway with an angry coach driver mere inches from my back wheel.

Of course the driver was more in the wrong because his actions were directly dangerous (and yes, he should be reported), but the OP aggravated a sitauation of his own making when he moved out into the middle of the lane. The situation was of his own making because he chose to ignore the cycle path in the first place having read (just the night before) that the current Rules of the Road clearly state he should have used the cycle path where one is available.

spareman wrote:
    Err naturally I got out of the way so he couldnt.
    Then he tried again, so I jumped a curb to avoid him.

Pines wrote:
    Having looked at the pics I can't agree with the OP. Whatever shortcomings the cycle lane might have, it looks a hell of a lot more inviting to me than being in the middle of a roadway with an angry coach driver mere inches from my back wheel.
    I used to use the cycle lane but its far more dangerous as its
    a) shared with pedestrians
    b) has a bus stop in the middle of it
    c) has a blind corner where in the middle of it where the lane stops and turns into a path (with no markings)
    d) moves away from the road behind parking spaces where it passes directly in front of several shops.
    e) crosses over entrances/exits >3 times

Its lethal.
    Ive never once had a problem cycling on the road instead. (Other than this "professional" skitso driver)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

Pines wrote:
    Yeah, it looks like a nice cycle facility for those that don't actually cycle on it.

I cycled out that way yesterday; it's unusable. The bit where is dives in basically in the middle of the pedestrian path in Templeogue village is laughable; you are meant to just plow on I guess, scattering pedestrians right and left. Further on it just suddenly ends (no sign) and where you think it might continue is actually a narrow footpath.

I don't blame the OP for not using it. And cycling out a bit if you think someone is going to overtake dangerously is good practice. Although yesterday I was doing that coming up the the church roundabout in Shankhill and this guy overtook and as he is doing this just slowly edges closer into me, forcing me into the kerb (the road narrows with an island in the middle as you come to the roundabout.) Unbelievable stuff. Diagnosis: I wasn't out _far enough_.

blorg wrote:
    And cycling out a bit if you think someone is going to overtake dangerously is good practice.
    Its definitely good practice.
    My reasoning is that I want the guy behind to have to *think* about overtaking me as he would if I was a car.
    If you just stay in they drive past without a thought and then duck in if something appears in the oncoming lane.
    If you are out in the middle they have to plan and overtake safely, not drive over you.

GreeBo wrote:
    Its definitely good practice.
    My reasoning is that I want the guy behind to have to *think* about overtaking me as he w.ould if I was a car.
    If you just stay in they drive past without a thought and then duck in if something appears in the oncoming lane.
    If you are out in the middle they have to plan and overtake safely, not drive over you.
    The simple fact is, wether usuable or not, you are breaking the law if you use the road where a cycle track is provided. If you have a problem with the cycle track, you bring it to the council - not subject the motorists to your vigilante style justice.

cast_iron wrote:
    not subject the motorists to your vigilante style justice.
    How exactly is using the road "vigilante style justice"?

Vigilante style justice would be covering the road in crap designed to puncture car tires while leaving a path safe for bicycles.
    Thats next weeks plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cast_iron wrote:
    The simple fact is, wether usuable or not, you are breaking the law if you use the road where a cycle track is provided. If you have a problem with the cycle track, you bring it to the council - not subject the motorists to your vigilante style justice.
    There would appear to be no legal cycle path there.

GreeBo wrote:
    How exactly is using the road "vigilante style justice"?
    Having not cycled on the road, i can't comment on it's status as a legal track or not.
    Though assuming it is legal, you trying to punish the bus driver by comiting an offence (cycling where you shouldn't) is, by definition, vigilante style justice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement