Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lobbyist claims Monsanto weed killer is safe to drink, then bolts when TV host offers

Options
  • 29-03-2015 3:29pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/lobbyist-claims-monsanto-weed-killer-is-safe-to-drink-then-bolts-when-tv-host-offers-him-a-glass/

Lobbyist almost forced to drink his words.
    He may be a bit more careful what heay says in the future.
    A controversial lobbyist who claimed that the chemical in Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer was safe for humans refused to drink his own words when a French television journalist offered him a glass.
    In a preview of an upcoming documentary on French TV, Dr. Patrick Moore tells a Canal+ interviewer that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide, was not increasing the rate of cancer in Argentina.
    “You can drink a whole quart of it and it won’t hurt you,” Moore insists.
    “You want to drink some?” the interviewer asks. “We have some here.”
    “I’d be happy to, actually,” Moore replies, adding, “Not really. But I know it wouldn’t hurt me.”
    “If you say so, I have some,” the interviewer presses.
    “I’m not stupid,” Moore declares.
    “So, it’s dangerous?” the interviewer concludes.
    But Moore claims that Roundup is so safe that “people try to commit suicide” by drinking it, and they “fail regularly.”
    “Tell the truth, it’s dangerous,” the interviewer says.
    “It’s not dangerous to humans,” Moore remarks. “No, it’s not.”
    “So, are you ready to drink one glass?” the interviewer continues to press.
    “No, I’m not an idiot,” Moore says defiantly. “Interview me about golden rice, that’s what I’m talking about.”
    At that point, Moore declares that the “interview is finished.”
    “That’s a good way to solve things,” the interviewer quips.
    “Jerk!” Moore grumbles as he storms off the set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AFreeIrishman

I have looked this Patrick Steward up recently; He has been an environmentalist for years, and is a former member of Green Peace. But lately, he is being reported saying really strange and random things. I admit, I am more than a little confused by the situation. Having said that, I haven't found one piece of evidence linking him to Monsanto. I know that this throws this interview into a stranger light so any info would be appreciated (Also, I despise Monsanto and everything they represent)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I think what he meant was it's perfectly safe for society for someone (other than Patrick Stewart ) to drink roundup.
    I've heard of ag sales reps making the same claim ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Any chance of a video rather than a transcript?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

Hmm that is strange. I've never heard of someone being able to do that, so I don't think that I would try to drink round up. It does make me question him though because he wouldn't even drink it himself. I mean if it's so safe, then why can't be drink it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

be grand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement