Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Heists - Now Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone want to finish off the prison break finale with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone want to finish off the prison break finale with me.

you on ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

you on ps4?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep

send us your game tag I can't find anyone to these heists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

send us your game tag I can't find anyone to these heists

Have you joined the boards crew?

Also check out the player index & add a few boardsies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

PS3 = alanrocky7
    Rockstar = alanrocky

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Only getting to play the heists the last couple of nights. I'm loving them. It's great having to work together. Though at times it can be annoying. Was doing the setup mission last night to one heist where you have to go to this guys house and kill him, only problem is he has security watching him. I got caught and he tried to escape, and after I killed the security I had to chase him down the road before he escaped. Just as I got him in sight and shot him in the back killing him one of the heist members quit/got cut off meaning we failed the heist. All I needed was 10 more seconds!! I'm sure I deafened my teammates with my screams.

Could spened days on end playing heists though, so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AFreeIrishman

Hi guys, I was just wondering if you can use the Karim Technical (Hi-Lux looking pickup with the Russian MG on the back) as a personal vehicle, as in store it in your garage and use it from the offset in Heist Missions. I know you can't with the Insurgent since you have to call Merryweather to get it, but I can't find info on this vehicle anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hi guys, I was just wondering if you can use the Karim Technical (Hi-Lux looking pickup with the Russian MG on the back) as a personal vehicle, as in store it in your garage and use it from the offset in Heist Missions. I know you can't with the Insurgent since you have to call Merryweather to get it, but I can't find info on this vehicle anywhere

Merged your thread with existing Heists thread. I'm fairly sure you can't store that in your garage, not 100% so hopefully someone else can confirm? I think any vehicle with a gun attached has to be called in through Merryweather which aren't available during heists, might make it a bit too easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AFreeIrishman

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Merged your thread with existing Heists thread. I'm fairly sure you can't store that in your garage, not 100% so hopefully someone else can confirm? I think any vehicle with a gun attached has to be called in through Merryweather which aren't available during heists, might make it a bit too easy :)

Yeah, I thought as much. It seems the same story everywhere, everyone thinks you can't use it but no one has bought it so they're noe 100% haha. Thanks for the info anyway, and thanks for merging this thread. How do you do that by the way? I pretty new to Boards.

• Advertisement

and thanks for merging this thread. How do you do that by the way? I pretty new to Boards.

Ah I just used my special magic (Mod) powers :). Happy posting anyway and join the Boards GTA Crew if ya'd like to meet up with fellow Boards/Irish users

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For anybody who's done the final heist, what's the most you've gotten away with. Twice we've gotten to the jump, first time with 1.1m, and last night with 1.2m and somebody always smashes into the rocks at the parachute jump. It's so annoying when you end up loosing so much money. What's the max you've gotten away with?

Speaking of, I still have the last heist to do, I'll have to try it again tonight if anyone is around. If not I'll have to try it with......randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Speaking of, I still have the last heist to do, I'll have to try it again tonight if anyone is around. If not I'll have to try it with......randomers.

Would give it a shot alright I've only done the first third and fourth... I poo on you not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone on now to help finish prison break heist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

DubDJ wrote: »
    For anybody who's done the final heist, what's the most you've gotten away with. Twice we've gotten to the jump, first time with 1.1m, and last night with 1.2m and somebody always smashes into the rocks at the parachute jump. It's so annoying when you end up loosing so much money. What's the max you've gotten away with?
    Not sure about payouts, but I was having some trouble with this heist finale the last two nights with a friend, spent a couple of hours each night without completing it. The first night we kept getting killed on the way to the canyon or parachuting off. Eventually we got to the boat but despite my repeated warnings to take it easy and not bank the boat, someone does exactly that immediately.

Last night was just a disaster. It was me & a friend with 2 randomers. At the start we had trouble just getting into the car, lol. Inside the bank, one of the randomers on crowd control somehow managed to die. Another time they killed a hostage so there was way too much police for us to handle outside the bank so we had to leave and restart. Twice we managed to reach the canyon near the boat only for our car to spontaneously explode for no reason. Most of the time randomers kept dying in the part between the bank and the bikes, I don't know how but they kept dying in the alleys. I had to give up and go to bed after a couple of hours of that. It was good craic all the same.

The first time I did this heist was with a few boardies and we did it really quickly, only failing once when someone banked the boat. The best way to do this heist is to do what they did: everyone ditches the bikes and gets in a car and drives directly to the boat - don't bother with the parachuting bit.

Another horrible fail I experienced was doing the prison break with three randomers, we failed a few times but eventually got to the helicopter on the beach, only I couldn't get in! Kept pressing triangle but nothing happened. Lads weren't impressed, probably thought I was trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Not sure about payouts, but I was having some trouble with this heist finale the last two nights with a friend, spent a couple of hours each night without completing it. The first night we kept getting killed on the way to the canyon or parachuting off. Eventually we got to the boat but despite my repeated warnings to take it easy and not bank the boat, someone does exactly that immediately.

Last night was just a disaster. It was me & a friend with 2 randomers. At the start we had trouble just getting into the car, lol. Inside the bank, one of the randomers on crowd control somehow managed to die. Another time they killed a hostage so there was way too much police for us to handle outside the bank so we had to leave and restart. Twice we managed to reach the canyon near the boat only for our car to spontaneously explode for no reason. Most of the time randomers kept dying in the part between the bank and the bikes, I don't know how but they kept dying in the alleys. I had to give up and go to bed after a couple of hours of that. It was good craic all the same.

The first time I did this heist was with a few boardies and we did it really quickly, only failing once when someone banked the boat. The best way to do this heist is to do what they did: everyone ditches the bikes and gets in a car and drives directly to the boat - don't bother with the parachuting bit.

Another horrible fail I experienced was doing the prison break with three randomers, we failed a few times but eventually got to the helicopter on the beach, only I couldn't get in! Kept pressing triangle but nothing happened. Lads weren't impressed, probably thought I was trolling.

Yeah it's a frustrating heist, easily the most difficult of the lot. One of the setups, where you collect the drugged up fella on an island is hard as well, it's difficult to lose the wanted level. I dunno how it's even possible to do the heist with randomers, unless they've done it a lot and are copped on. Even doing the Karuma job with randomers can be hard.

I didn't realise you could drive to the boat, I always hop in a car so I might look at driving to the boats next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So far I've done The Fleeca set ups and heist and The Humane Labs set ups and heist. That's about it so far.

Sure is tense being on the ground team during the raid, hearing your team mates say "Oh ****" and hearing some explosions. :pac:
    Knowing that if any one person does something wrong, the whole job is screwed. Loved every second of it, can't wait to do The Prison job, Series A and The (something) Standard Job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Dont get too excited about Trevor's heists, its a bit of a let down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Dont get too excited about Trevor's heists, its a bit of a let down ;)
    Don't make me curious, I know how to use Youtube! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Lets just say that they dont require any setups and you've probably done something similar to them with his normal online game missions

Sorry Guil, Eoin and Mutafaakir, had somewhere to be. I'll be back on at 11.30 to finish that last bank job mission. If any of ye 3 are on then and can make it, I'll up yer cut to make up for jumping ship on ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

No worries. It was great craic anyway and it was much easier than I thought it would be to get away from the cops.

guil wrote: »
    No worries. It was great craic anyway and it was much easier than I thought it would be to get away from the cops.

Yeah I'd say it would be handy enough to do on the bikes.

Couldn't make it on last night but will be on to do that last Bank mission tonight so will hold off sending my DS4 back to Sony until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Couldn't make it on last night but will be on to do that last Bank mission tonight so will hold off sending my DS4 back to Sony until tomorrow.

That the second one you have had issues with? Isnt left trigger by any chance? Mine really starting to stick now and not a year old yet

That the second one you have had issues with? Isnt left trigger by any chance? Mine really starting to stick now and not a year old yet

Yupp, after about 7 months of the original DS4, the R2 button started sticking, wouldn't pop back up. Sony replaced it with my current one and now, 7 months later, the R2 is doing the exact same thing. They have a link where you can arrange a collection without ever having to pick up the phone. Got my collection label in email, just waiting to do the last heist first before sending it off.

Like was saying last night, the DS4 has great design but made out of shyte.

Here is the link

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/?smcid=rma_forum_22270313_uk_en#/

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Yupp, after about 7 months of the original DS4, the R2 button started sticking, wouldn't pop back up. Sony replaced it with my current one and now, 7 months later, the R2 is doing the exact same thing. They have a link where you can arrange a collection without ever having to pick up the phone. Got my collection label in email, just waiting to do the last heist first before sending it off.

Here is the link

Couldn't agree more. The (lack of) battery life is the one that kills me the most. Ever since I got my PS4 the R2 button has been squeeky so I've bookmaked that link for the inevitable day it bites the dust.

It's a pity the controllers are such rubbish, cos they're designed really well. When I switch back to PS3 for some Fifa career mode I see just how uncomfortable the DS3 was (although at the time I thought it was the mutt's nuts)...

Yeah, DS3 feels awful after using DS4. The replacement DS4 had a a squeaky R2 button since the day I received it so knew the day would come eventually. It's not as bad as the last one but I'm not waiting for it to break the day Batman Arkham Knight gets released. I really need a 2nd joypad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Here is the link

I can't even see the serial number on mine because the ink on the sticker worn away :pac:

That's after just a few months use. Have had my PS3 controllers since launch and the stickers are nowhere near as worn on those.

It'd make you wonder if it's a deliberate thing on the DS4's ¬¬

Advertisement