Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you think the Soul is invisible

• 17-02-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

So God made man and this world and everything in the universe and all of it is to be seen first hand or by other means. But the soul cannot be seen by any means, why do you think the soul is invisible ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

MooseJam wrote: »
    So God made man and this world and everything in the universe and all of it is to be seen first hand or by other means. But the soul cannot be seen by any means, why do you think the soul is invisible ?
    Because it is like God, spirit. It is just the nature of being soul/spirit. But that applies only to physical sight. In the spirit world, spirits see one another, as for example John in Revelation is caught up to heaven in spirit and sees his visions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

MooseJam wrote: »

because the soul is just another word for the human mind.

There is no independent soul for humans, just like there is no independent soul for insects or fish or mountain lions.

The nature of the human mind is a very interesting topic, but there is one very clear fact that we know, and that is the direct and unbreakable link between the mind and the physical body. if the body is damaged or changed in any way, it has direct and obvious effects on the mind. (everything from intoxication with chemical substances, to the effects of tiredness or heat, or cold, or lack of sleep, or physical damage to the brain or nervous system, all of these have huge effects on the way our mind works.)

Other than the essential nature of our unique and individual personalities, there is absolutely no evidence that there is any kind of soul independent from the human mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Essentially I agree with Akrasia (I don't remember typing those words before!). :)

The Greek word for 'soul' is psyche - and it refers to our mind, will and emotions. Most of us agree that those are things we can't see with our physical eyes.

Of course where Akrasia and I are bound to disagree is about the spirit (pneuma) of man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

PDN wrote: »
    Essentially I agree with Akrasia (I don't remember typing those words before!). :)

The Greek word for 'soul' is psyche - and it refers to our mind, will and emotions. Most of us agree that those are things we can't see with our physical eyes.

Of course where Akrasia and I are bound to disagree is about the spirit (pneuma) of man.

Also we are not bodies with souls we are souls with bodies.

Adam only became a living soul when God breath into his nostrils the breath of life which said breath He takes away again at death. The life of the flesh or soul resides in the blood Lev 17:11.

Gen 2:7
    "And the LORD God formed Adam of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and Adam became a living soul"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I reckon that he made it as something that you and you alone can ever have
    Also that each is unique and no one else will have one just like yours

• Advertisement
Advertisement