Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 193 - Rousey v Holm

Options
  • 09-11-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

dc3c85dfc86e861deea4b4f2bdb0a564.png

Date: Saturday 15th November
    Time: Fight Pass Prelims (11:15pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, BT Sport 2 and Fight Pass), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia
    Odds: Rousey (1/12) v Holm (10/1)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 256 votes

Rousey via KO/TKO
    0%
    Rousey via Submission
    16%
    OmegaRedctrl-alt-delete[Deleted User]A Primal Nutnmg_ireKazooiejolterprincemuzzydublinceltTheVoodooredarmyfunkey_monkeyThargor3hn2givr7mx1scwicklowwonderZero-Cool3_BOoYA_Xpajero12BOHtoxBrussels Sprout 43 votes
    Rousey via Decision
    32%
    TippexbrophyweemcdmdwexfordRoarcletusgafarrellStuxnetchopperbyrneevil_seedMorporkTiggerNanocMellorshrapnel222arybvtcw0eolkfdavidsatelle100paulieeyehollywoodhoppyDozyart 83 votes
    Holm via KO/TKO
    0%
    Hoki 1 vote
    Holm via Submission
    48%
    ondaflynxbyveromdwjpgAgent SmithMcGMr. CooL ICEMagown3gzoladzmonster1JulezcalifanoyermandanDavei141Duck Soupchrisladtwilight_singerRedXIVdave1982mailburnerRVD420Jesus Wept 125 votes
    Holm via Decision
    1%
    winston82[Deleted User]Richard teajsa112 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Rousey via Decision
    My poll would have looked more like this :P
    • Rousey - sub rd. 1
    • Rousey - sub rd. 1
    • Rousey - sub rd. 1
    • Rousey - sub rd. 1
    • Rousey - sub rd. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rousey via Decision
    The funniest thing in the build up will be listening to Rogan etc trying to keep a straight face while talking up the chances of Holm and Letourneau. It'd be brilliant if he was caught off camera being completely honest and saying "they have no fucking chance" :pac:

I admit I gave up on him (despite him being one of my favourite fighters) after that loss against Natal in May, but I really hope Uriah Hall can finally realise the insane amount of potential he has and put what would be two big back-to-back wins together with a defeat of Whittaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm via Submission
    Has Ronda ever been kicked in the head or leg?

I was listening to Rogan and John Wayne Parr and he was saying Ronda might have weak, or had problems with in the past, her knees.

I voted Holm, more in hope than anything!

When you look at when upsets have occurred it's usually when the star has had other things to deal with or their head slightly turned.

Ronda in the last few weeks has had her Mam say she wanted to run her coach over, taken a bit of heat for her relationship with Browne, and her coach file for bankruptcy. Then there's pretty much everyone writing off Holm and a bit of celeb exposure for Ronda. This is a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Rousey via Submission
    Voted Rousey by KO/TKO but somehow read it as "stoppage" ie, including submission.

Would love to see Holm win though because (starts the car*) I don't really like Ronda (legs it*)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Rousey via Decision
    BOHtox wrote: »

I don't really like Ronda (legs it*)

Gay! :D

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Has Ronda ever been kicked in the head or leg?

I was listening to Rogan and John Wayne Parr and he was saying Ronda might have weak, or had problems with in the past, her knees.

I voted Holm, more in hope than anything!

When you look at when upsets have occurred it's usually when the star has had other things to deal with or their head slightly turned.

Ronda in the last few weeks has had her Mam say she wanted to run her coach over, taken a bit of heat for her relationship with Browne, and her coach file for bankruptcy. Then there's pretty much everyone writing off Holm and a bit of celeb exposure for Ronda. This is a recipe for disaster.

rousey had minor knee surgery last year I remember, they cleaned up her meniscus, that was it. simple enough.

in terms of the negative. Anyone can do well when the bills are paid, the kids are fed and the world is right! it's when things are going ****e, Is when the real test comes, that when the growth comes.

She'll do well despite all this cos she's a superb fighter with a unique mindset. I don't see holm doing the business really, she's too stompy and unsure of herself. Saying all of that, left then right, then low kick, high kick could cause an upset as Rhonda tears in to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Rousey via Decision
    So rhonda holm will be around 4-5 am?

sorry I was talking out of my ass, yes 5am for rhonda id say.

sorry I was talking out of my arse. I see there it starts at 3am GMT so yea she'd be fighting about 5am id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Rousey via Decision
    Chances of a Hall KO anyone? I must admit iv seen feck alll of the other guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nuthugger3

Stupid mismatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Rousey via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Rousey via Decision
    just watched holm's last fight. she seems very tame to be honest. a lucky kick in the first exchange is her only chance really.

imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Holm via Submission
    i know this isn't the gambling thread but has anyone seen the odds for this weekend, Ronda is 1/16.....and she's not even the heaviest favourite on the card!!!

That honour goes to Jedrzejczyk who is 1/18

That means something like you put a million zillion euro on and ya can win a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    :D:D:D:D
    CONFIRMATION:XXXXX
    We are pleased to confirm your media credential for UFC 193 taking place Nov 14, 2015.

Rousey via Decision
    scudzilla wrote: »
    i know this isn't the gambling thread but has anyone seen the odds for this weekend, Ronda is 1/16.....and she's not even the heaviest favourite on the card!!!

That honour goes to Jedrzejczyk who is 1/18

That means something like you put a million zillion euro on and ya can win a fiver

Both are a best priced 12/1 (Ronda with Hills, Joanna with Boyles) now. A €10,000 double on the aforementioned (slightly longer odds as Hills do the best price on the double) returns €11,600. I wish I had 1) the spare money and 2) the balls to back that as you won't get a better rate of interest than that anywhere.
    Mellor wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

Prick. :pac:

Perks of the job?

Rousey via Decision
    akelly02 wrote: »
    Chances of a Hall KO anyone? I must admit iv seen feck alll of the other guy

The other guy is a bit of a beast tbf. He definitely has the ability to plow Hall over. I also wouldn't have faith in Halls confidence in from of 60k fans cheering for the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Holm via Submission
    Can't help but have that feeling, as small as it is that Holm could actually do it, she could do it, Ronda is only human. That said, I also had the exact same feeling about Zingano back in February and we all know how that one went. Stranger things have happened though. I will put a fiver on Holm by TKO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

She works out at the same gym as Jon Jones. Has some mad kick boxing skills, good long range striker. Champion boxer. I think she could cause problems for Rhonda.

• Advertisement

Rousey via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Prick. :pac:

Perks of the job?

Yeah. I was going down anyway, and mentioned it to the boss that we should cover it. As it'll be all over the place for the week. It'll be interesting to see what it gets me access to

Rousey via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah. I was going down anyway, and mentioned it to the boss that we should cover it. As it'll be all over the place for the week. It'll be interesting to see what it gets me access to

Arianny and Vanessa with any luck! :pac:

Rousey via Decision
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    She works out at the same gym as Jon Jones
    I don't think that's very relevant tbh.
    Has some mad kick boxing skills, good long range striker. Champion boxer. I think she could cause problems for Rhonda.

She has the good striking in a division of awful strikers. But It's by no means amazing imo.

She scrapped a split decision verses Rocky Pennington. Here's the third round. She got broken up by the number 12 ranked fighter. The rest of the fight was just as close. Also notice her stance, she's overbalanced to the front. That's playing into a judo throw.

My Prediction.
    Ronda will clinch, eating two strikes on the way in and smash her with a harai goshi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I don't give Holm any chance and she shouldn't be getting fed to Ronda so soon. The UFC are just desperate for an opponent and can sell a 'world champion striker' to the more casual fans or in this case Ronda Rousey fans who only tune in to watch Ronda.

Ronda wins however way she wants and as quickly as she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I'm really surprised Ronda has done so well for herself outside of the octagon; 135 division in WMMA aside from her is really really bad. Why are people interested in her fights? This is the only [relatively] major sport I'm aware of where a female star has transcended all the top male stars. And it's a combat sport. I can't stand the woman but it's an amazing achievement. What I want to know is how she did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

Rousey via Decision
    Anybody that thinks this will go longer than 1 round is crazy. Rousey will drag Holm to the ground and it will be over in seconds. If she stands and fights it could be a different story but I doubt that’s going to happen. Don’t let the UFC hype train trick you into thinking this will be a great fight.

only upset I see is, if Rhonda goes steaming in under the illusion she's got a great chin as she was able to overpower a larger Brazilian in correia last time out. She may get caught and if holm can follow up, that may be one chance.

in saying that I don't see it really. she's been training with male boxers the last while and I don't see it happening, but there's always an outsider I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

She may try prove she can stand and swing with a striker and isn't just a Judo machine.

Although the safe bet is just grab hold, drag to floor, armbar, profit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Rousey via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    She may try prove she can stand and swing with a striker and isn't just a Judo machine.

Although the safe bet is just grab hold, drag to floor, armbar, profit.

She has absolutely nothing to prove imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Holm via Submission
    Hate to say it but Holm simply hasn't got the power in her hands to keep Rhonda Honest, so Rhonda unlike her male counterparts can just walk through a few punches to clinch then its a judo match, Judo expert v judo beginner

Holm has a very good head kick so that is a possibility if she can keep range, also Holm is a bigger girl than most Rhonda's opponents so physically will be stronger so it does even it out a little bit

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement