Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The Brazilians will be taking lot more tickets this time if Werdum is on. However less j1 crowd over there.

This is gonna be an emotional roller coaster I think. Certainly not booking unless fight tickets are got.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Awkward time for me personally. Have placement for college so can't exactly take time off. Prices are very good but I'll have to give it a miss unfortunately. :(

Booked at 4am this morning, too cheap to resist.
    1st time in Vegas as well.

Too early for RDA but Cowboy is itching for a fight so hoping he gets added too. He'd be mad to take one but it's cowboy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Just booked there now myself aswell. Vegas twice in six months will have me crippled, but it's going to be worth it!

That_Guy wrote: »
    Awkward time for me personally. Have placement for college so can't exactly take time off. Prices are very good but I'll have to give it a miss unfortunately. :(

Same for me. I was dying to go to the last fight but couldn't get any money together. Now for this fight I'll be abroad for college during this fight so I wont be able to get to this one either. :(

If Conor wins this fight I wonder will we get Edgar v Conor in Croker, I know Dana has teased it but I wonder if he would actually go through with it. Even if he did try he might want it to be on late at night which would be a no go for the local residents around croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Where are most people booking their flights? Direct with the airline or on places like expedia etc? Expedia have pretty reasonable prices for 1 stopover.

shocksy wrote: »
    Where are most people booking their flights? Direct with the airline or on places like expedia etc? Expedia have pretty reasonable prices for 1 stopover.

Just checked google flights there out of curiosity and there was a flight from dublin to las vegas for 555, out the friday and back the monday with one stopover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Looking at flights of 533 with a stop over
    Hard Rock hotel for 113 e for the 3 nights. (Double room)
    Any guess at what tickets will be costing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Same for me. I was dying to go to the last fight but couldn't get any money together. Now for this fight I'll be abroad for college during this fight so I wont be able to get to this one either. :(

If Conor wins this fight I wonder will we get Edgar v Conor in Croker, I know Dana has teased it but I wonder if he would actually go through with it. Even if he did try he might want it to be on late at night which would be a no go for the local residents around croker.

If they won't do Aldo McGregor in Dallas doubt they do it Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

i would love to go but after what happened for the Mendes fight, i dont think id be able for all the stress involving buying the fight tickets and then waiting for Aldo to stay fight for the fight...
    ill watch it at home, behind the sofa!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Got flights through sky scanner and hotel on booking.com. Flights and hotel for the week work out at about €750

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Can't wait until the thread title get 's change to McGregor v Edgar....

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I wonder will they add CM Punk to the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JokerD wrote: »
    Got flights through sky scanner and hotel on booking.com. Flights and hotel for the week work out at about €750

That's awesome, you wouldn't pay much less for a week in Greece/Canary Islands in July/Aug

Officer999 wrote: »
    I wonder will they add CM Punk to the card?

I'd say Punk will be on this one or in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€652 for 5 nights hotel and return flights with pre clearance from Dublin. That'll do. Best get saving now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

shocksy wrote: »

I've used this lady for Boston and Vegas in July and she was seamless. She was on the ball immediately for two stuff ups (our fault). The deposit system suits me too.

https://m.facebook.com/HazelFogartyTravelCounsellorsIrl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Conor opens up at nearly 2-1 favourite with the bookies.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/11/9132687/conor-mcgregor-opens-as-an-almost-2-to-1-betting-favorite-over-jose

You will never get better odds on Aldo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just back from vegas and already planning to go back. It's an expensive hobby being an mma fan. Cassidy travel have serious deals on, we're looking at flights and 3 nights for 3 ppl at the Luxor for 650 a head. Only requires a 150 deposit per head to secure too. Will be going for the cheap cheap seats this time and carrying as much booze over with me as possible to carry about in those MGM flasks. This will be a turbo budget in and out job if I can pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Well it has a bit of a anti climax feel to it after how the last one went, and everyone is a little tentative.

I am sure lots of people who went over last time would not be able to fork out for another Vegas trip in the same year.

Fingers crossed I can make it this time.

Yep broke from 189 went for 7 nights in mgm, loved it tho some buzz.
    if you haven't been before and are one the fence I couldn't recommend it highly enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just back from vegas and already planning to go back. It's an expensive hobby being an mma fan. Cassidy travel have serious deals on, we're looking at flights and 3 nights for 3 ppl at the Luxor for 650 a head. Only requires a 150 deposit per head to secure too. Will be going for the cheap cheap seats this time and carrying as much booze over with me as possible to carry about in those MGM flasks. This will be a turbo budget in and out job if I can pull it off

Unreal price compared to July! Hoping to persuade the aul lad to come this time after the unsuccessful attempt for 189 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

For the lads that have gone how many nights would you need to enjoy the trip. Myself and a mate are considering making the trip and it will be our first time in Vegas.

We're kinda throwing around the idea of four nights (fly in Thursday and home Monday) but that seems a little on the short side to me.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    For the lads that have gone how many nights would you need to enjoy the trip. Myself and a mate are considering making the trip and it will be our first time in Vegas.

We're kinda throwing around the idea of four nights (fly in Thursday and home Monday) but that seems a little on the short side to me.

I suppose everyone's different but after doing to 189 I'd hate to have to miss all the events leading up to the fight.

The price for a week is really good value. Some people will drink some amount so 4 days for them is probably enough before they end up in hospital. For me, I'd want a week minimum if affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 juandrake

I can't wait for this one, Aldo needs to prove that he's a man (im not saying here that im a mcgregor fan though).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor opens up at nearly 2-1 favourite with the bookies.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/11/9132687/conor-mcgregor-opens-as-an-almost-2-to-1-betting-favorite-over-jose

You will never get better odds on Aldo again.

Betting opened on this fight a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Is this fight 100% confirmed? No chance it could change dates? Just wondering because a few weeks ago it was said that Lawlor v Condit was going to be UFC 194 but that changed to UFC 193... I want to book flights soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

No it's official now. Once the poster is done you can bank on it, however rib tickles might prevent it happening as always with fights buyer beware. If Werdum is added it would be a mental card and possibly very hard to get tickets for.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Looking at flights at the moment. Yesterday I found a decent one Thursday to Tuesday with BA for 531 on skyscanner. When I click into it its coming to 650 on the site. Anyone have any idea of the cheapest flight's and what site to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

juandrake wrote: »
    I can't wait for this one, Aldo needs to prove that he's a man (im not saying here that im a mcgregor fan though).

The buildup to this fight is going to be unbearable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

€652 for 5 nights hotel and return flights with pre clearance from Dublin. That'll do. Best get saving now haha

Could I ask how/where you booked that? Thanks !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement