Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 10/04/2015 to 16/06/2015

Comments

did she say shed from Castlebar? is that beside eNOCK? (sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Enjoy the weekend folks ..I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

No widows, death or misery on today's show. Joe will be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Flukey wrote: »

..or 1916 childers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is Joe going to force this fella to answer when he let that other nut away with so much ?

That's the point - Stephen was going over the top in pressing his agenda on yer woman. And then he avoided answering a pointed question himself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BarryD wrote: »
    That's the point - Stephen was going over the top in pressing his agenda on yer woman. And then he avoided answering a pointed question himself!!

Pressing his agenda ? He was asking a very simple yes or no question which would explain her true motives, not the bull**** story she was spinning that her issue was with the legality.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Pressing his agenda ?

Yes, he was going OTT in pressing his agenda. That'd be the perception of the ordinary disinterested listener.

The problem for people either of the presumably Yes side like Stephen and the presumably No side like the Burkes - is that they only end up annoying ordinary voters. Neither of them do their sides any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes, he was going OTT in pressing his agenda. That'd be the perception of the ordinary disinterested listener.

The problem for people either of the presumably Yes side like Stephen and the presumably No side like the Burkes - is that they only end up annoying ordinary voters. Neither of them do their sides any favours.

Her inability to say two men embracing was normal is what many would take from that interview. And the fact that out of all of the injustices in the world, this is something she feels strongly about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭TheCowboy

Anyone having trouble listening here

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/programmes/2015/0416/694588-liveline-thursday-16-april-2015/?clipid=1856693

Nothing happens when click listen button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Flukey wrote: »

Yea but Martina and the Burke sect were misery enough for anyone. All in need of a good aul roide...

Her inability to say two men embracing was normal is what many would take from that interview. And the fact that out of all of the injustices in the world, this is something she feels strongly about.

Indeed. A young beautiful girl murderd in Scotland but yet all was bothering this loon was a mural of two men in Dublin on a private building...ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,906 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

road_high wrote: »
    Indeed. A young beautiful girl murderd in Scotland but yet all was bothering this loon was a mural of two men in Dublin on a private building...ffs

If he'd gone back to the Glasgow murder, we'd have got more of yesterday's tenuously connected drivel.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

road_high wrote: »

To be honest, they are both things that have absolutely nothing to do with any potential callers to Liveline.

To be honest, they are both things that have absolutely nothing to do with any potential callers to Liveline.

Just like Martinas mural outrage and the upcoming referendum then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

liked the way duffy tackled them 2 loons on being related but hes too bloody nice. he should have been like a dog with a bone over that and told them to answer the question and stop waffling. think the backward religious numpties made my mind on which way i,ll be voting. Religion the cause and solution problem to all of life's issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I tuned in in the car sometime close to 3pm and had to turn off before the end because I couldn't listen to the woman stonewalling everything the other guy (no idea what his name was) asked, and Joe weakly trying to get her to answer (but not really) - and just repeating that "we need justice here, and fairness" and whatever other platitudes she was bleating over and over and over again.

That was about 5-10 minutes of the programme.

Then I come on here this evening to find out what else I missed (mar dhea) and find that SHE WAS ON FOR THE WHOLE PROGRAMME :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There aren't enough :eek: s on boards to express my outrage at this. I'd be in a Home for the Bewildered if I'd had the misfortune to be able to listen to the whole programme today.

And THEN I read that half her (very large, although I've no problem with that) seem to have been on lines 3-7, all denying all knowledge of each other?

If I come across a half a valium in the medicine cabinet I may listen back to a podcast of today's programme sometime. Or maybe not.

WTF???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Martina is Enoch's mother!

neris wrote: »
    liked the way duffy tackled them 2 loons on being related but hes too bloody nice. he should have been like a dog with a bone over that and told them to answer the question and stop waffling. think the backward religious numpties made my mind on which way i,ll be voting. Religion the cause and solution problem to all of life's issues

He should have went to town on them at that stage. If I was online I tell Ya one thing I'd have cut them both down to size fairly lively. The likes of these need to be called out for what they are, unbridled homophobic bigots obsessed with keeping gay people "in their place" as they would see it. If Ya don't like gay marriage then don't marry someone of the same sex. Other than that mind your own flippin business

The fact anybody would inflict that desperate name on their offspring says it all really.

neris wrote: »

Nah, couldn't go too hard on them or they would hang up. Leave them on the line sounding like complete idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The beginning of the show today was a tad sickening. Yer man going on about the murdered girl being "everyone's adopted daughter" because the case has been in the media was disgusting, as were his attempts to tenuously connect his daughter being abroad with it because he had the same surname.

Irish people are so insincere when it comes to death/tragedy. All just there to be seen or get their take on the situation listened to when in reality it has nothing to do with them and they really don't care that much. See for instance: Irish people going to a funeral of someone they barely knew just to be there because it is the done thing.

i find it disturbing that the post above got so many thanks

have we really become that cynical as a society ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Listened back to that episode earlier today. It was quite close to gold category episodes. I was baffled why Duffy gave Martina so much airtime when it was clear she was being prompted. The irony of her preaching about an agenda vis a vis the mural when she was being prompted on message must have been lost on her.

Her son dialing in with back up and then trying to avid the question of his relation to Martina was gold. Was he named after Enoch Powell I wonder?

Aidric wrote: »
    Was he named after Enoch Powell I wonder?

Who knows? Certainly both individuals with strong views and conservative ones at that but you'd kinda think they'd be on the opposite sides of the old argument?

Lots of people with strong views here as well, but would they be so keen to make them in public under their own names, I wonder sometimes?

I mightn't agree with the Burkes but you gotta hand it to them. They're not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I mightn't agree with the Burkes but you gotta hand it to them. They're not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

but then why wouldn't she answer the question she was asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hitchens wrote: »

Because shee couldn't remember if the muppet was her son :p.:p
    If I was either of them I'd deny the other one too.:eek:

Hitchens wrote: »

For the same reasons I guess that many a politician avoids questions, even when put to them repeatedly?

But sure, yer man was no better either. He was asked several times if he thought the mural was promoting a No vote and refused to answer too.

A plague on all their houses, as far as the ordinary person goes. Too much extremism and not enough middle ground!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Looks like I picked a good fortnight to attempt to kill my Lahv Lahn Addiction again. I may give in again today though as after 2 weeks or shoyte, we're bound to be due a good show, aren't we? :rolleyes:;):D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Wonder if there is a queue of pensioners building already for the 2:30 kick off/sentencing

... we're bound to be due a good show, aren't we? :rolleyes:;):D:pac:

To be fair, two family members pretending not to know each other while Joe let them twist in the wind for 45 minutes was hilarious.

Spotted the main man on another thread, a dab hand at the oul painting now too, is there no end to this man's talents?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/auction-raises-63000-for-artist-who-lost-fingers-26796450.html

I was having a clear out at the weekend and found the unread copy of "Just Joe" that the mother in law had got me for Christmas a few years back, I don't know what I ever did on her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Spotted the main man on another thread, a dab hand at the oul painting now too, is there no end to this man's talents?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/auction-raises-63000-for-artist-who-lost-fingers-26796450.html

I was having a clear out at the weekend and found the unread copy of "Just Joe" that the mother in law had got me for Christmas a few years back, I don't know what I ever did on her?

thats a very well fed chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

That kind of thing wouldn't happen on the green line.;)

Surely you must have a wobbly table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats your difference? well Im Red Joe and he's Green

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Red Line, more scumbag areas covered. Harsh but true.

Toerags shouldn't be tolerated full stop, whether on the Luas or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

"It's not a reflection of the people travelling on the red line"

Well - I beg to differ!!

Caravan park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

The girls was taken away in the squad car. Would that be like the "Blue line" so to speak? :pac:

• Advertisement

Joe with a caravan? Eh? What a notion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Joe Duffy hears that the Red Line is a no-go area - shocker! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Luas is a fair walk from that camp site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Quick change of subject there?........Caravaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this man sounds like a tight enough fellow :pac:

Scumbags now drawing up plans to raid the Green Line, with easy pickings for the taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Caller, you shouldn't have to justify why you love your dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Scumbags now drawing up plans to raid the Green Line, with easy pickings for the taking.

Wait until the two lines are joined up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dan Jaman wrote: »

"Heyorr lads.... there's dopes with bleeeedin' laptops and breakfast an' all out on their laps on the Grdeen Loine...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

aaahhh , poor man. after this much time it's unlikely the dog will be found. but hopefully

let the man do whatever he wants with his own money, why should he have to justify?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement