Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Equine business

• 16-04-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys, I was just wondering what are your thoughts on this course? I'm very interested in doing this course it sounds fansastic but torn between going for the equine science in UL. I've heard that people that did this course get jobs slightly easier because they have a lot of hands on experience where as Ul students don't have as much hands on experience but higher qualifications? Also what are the job opportunities after this course? And can you move on to a higher course after this one? :)

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

emma_lucas wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was just wondering what are your thoughts on this course? I'm very interested in doing this course it sounds fansastic but torn between going for the equine science in UL. I've heard that people that did this course get jobs slightly easier because they have a lot of hands on experience where as Ul students don't have as much hands on experience but higher qualifications? Also what are the job opportunities after this course? And can you move on to a higher course after this one? :)

:)

Hi Emma, I'm currently in the second year of this course after doing PLC two years ago at Kildalton college. This course is very hands on in the first year with you staying at gurteen college for first year. lots of riding and stable work including very early 7.30 am starts to muck out horses. second year is where your based up in athlone and is a total different ball game. its all business and science this year. You really need to look what you want to do after college, whether you want to be working in a stable ( no money in equine jobs in stables) or whether you want to do more the science option of horses. For me I regretted not doing the course in UL. I'm changing course after second year because I believe I'm getting nothing really out of this course. so from me, I would recommend UL, the chances to get amazing work experience with that uni is unbelievable. best of luck in the leaving cert

Advertisement