Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using hot water to heat clothes??

Options
  • 04-04-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Does anyone know how to convert the energy in hot water from a shower(flowing) into heat energy?
    I usually work out in the mornings and then have a quick shower. Rather than having to change my sweaty clothes each time, is there any way I can perhaps heat up the clothes using the shower water maybe(so as to save energy by using the shower for two things at once?).
    I thought of just putting the clothes into the shower but that would take too long to dry up(I need them right after the shower).
    I also thought of placing the clothes on the shower curtain hanger(at the top) so that the steam from the water may heat up the clothes, but I'm hesitant as to if it would make much of a difference.
    Any suggestions would be helpful..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ABCE wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to convert the energy in hot water from a shower(flowing) into heat energy?
    I usually work out in the mornings and then have a quick shower. Rather than having to change my sweaty clothes each time, is there any way I can perhaps heat up the clothes using the shower water maybe(so as to save energy by using the shower for two things at once?).
    I thought of just putting the clothes into the shower but that would take too long to dry up(I need them right after the shower).
    I also thought of placing the clothes on the shower curtain hanger(at the top) so that the steam from the water may heat up the clothes, but I'm hesitant as to if it would make much of a difference.
    Any suggestions would be helpful..

Heating up sweaty clothes will only intensify any odours? Clean clothes is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

But will heating up not dry out the sweat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ABCE wrote: »
    But will heating up not dry out the sweat?

It will evaporate the liquid but will dry the odours into the fabric. The clothes will reek!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

Thanks, I guess cleaning the clothes on a daily basis is the way to go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

Spreading it in the open to dry would have done the trick, but you can't wait for it to dry out. So fresh is the way to go. Maybe you get 2 or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Could you not just get different clothes for working out? I don't know anybody who wears their workout clothes to work/all day and quite frankly, I'm glad of that.

Steam from the shower might knock out a few creases, but not sweat. That's madness.

Advertisement