Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking routes Louth/Meath area...going alone

Options
  • 17-04-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I live near to Drogheda and I'd like to get out for a walk this Sunday.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that is not too far away and suitable for someone going alone?

Carlingford would be nice but I read that the trail is not very well signposted and knowing me, I'd get lost lol.

I need somewhere that is easy to follow.

I'd also be interested if anyone knows of any group hikes that are planned for this weekend too, I'm not really sure where to look.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

And I've just seen there is a whole thread naming places that are well signposted! I'll go and have a look there.
    Thanks

Have gone for a long run out along the Boyne.

Based in the SW myself but heard the Cooley Mountains are nice.

Try mountainviews.ie for routes etc...

http://mountainviews.ie/summit/298/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You're only an hour by car from the Mournes where you are. Go to walkni.com, a great resource with walks of all grades, downloadable maps, the lot. A great walking area, with relatively simple navigation due to all the walls.

Advertisement