Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help? is Andy Lee's next fight in Limerick? Pressie for OH!!

Options
  • 14-04-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

My OH is a mad boxing fan. He is big into Andy Lee ATM.

He has a significant birthday coming up too.

After the fight on Sat/Sun last which he saw on Boxnation (another pressie from me!), the next day he mentioned that AL would be having his next fight in Limerick.

I would love to get him a ticket. Does anyone know any more about this? I presume Ticketmaster will do the tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

He has no fight scheduled at the moment.

He has spoken a lot recently about defending his title in Limerick and his next fight is probably against Englishman Billy Joe Saunders. That fight will be in either England or Ireland and if it's Ireland I'm sure Andy will be very keen on having it in Limerick.

At this moment in time though there is nothing arranged, but keep an eye out on boxing websites and even on here, as any announcement will be jumped on fairly quickly by the regular posters and you can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

megadodge wrote: »
    He has no fight scheduled at the moment.

He has spoken a lot recently about defending his title in Limerick and his next fight is probably against Englishman Billy Joe Saunders. That fight will be in either England or Ireland and if it's Ireland I'm sure Andy will be very keen on having it in Limerick.

At this moment in time though there is nothing arranged, but keep an eye out on boxing websites and even on here, as any announcement will be jumped on fairly quickly by the regular posters and you can take it from there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Have you any idea roughly when the next bout might be? Just so I can put an alert on my calendar to check in here again, I don't want to keep asking himself, might let the cat out of the bag!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Next bout is likely to be against Billy Joe Saunders in about 5/6 Months in England, possibly London (Excel arena).

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Next bout is likely to be against Billy Joe Saunders in about 5/6 Months in England, possibly London (Excel arena).

Thanks very much.

I'll put an alert in the phone in July or so.

And I will keep an eye on this forum.

You are all very kind, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

keep an eye on this forum you won't miss it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Andy was on Second Captains tonight saying Billy Joe wants the fight in Upton Park and he wants in in Thomond Park. Negotiations are ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

IMO it's much more likely to end up in London than in Limerick, but at the very least it's still not the end of the World away.
    It's likely to either be a stadium fight or very big arena regardless, so tickets should be plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Big Ears wrote: »
    IMO it's much more likely to end up in London than in Limerick, but at the very least it's still not the end of the World away.
    It's likely to either be a stadium fight or very big arena regardless, so tickets should be plentiful.

lee said somewhere along the line ;the money is in america

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

barney4001 wrote: »
    lee said somewhere along the line ;the money is in america

Not for a Saunders fight it isn't, and with BJS being his mandatory that will be his next fight if he wants to hold onto the WBO title.

As his profile increases and if he continues to win (or maybe not lose I should say) big fights, then HBO and the American networks will want to show him in headliners and there's a lot more money in that than headlining big arenas over here. But he's just not quite at the level yet of getting the really, really good money.

Hi all, OP here, I know it's late, but thanks for all the information and help about this.

I will keep an eye on this forum.

You all know yer stuff! And thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hi all, OP here, I know it's late, but thanks for all the information and help about this.

I will keep an eye on this forum.

You all know yer stuff! And thanks again.

Just a bump to make sure you know the fight is now announced for 19th September in Thomond...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Tickets will be easy to get on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Any idea when will they go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

finbarrk wrote: »
    Any idea when will they go on sale?

There's a press conference on the 7th of July so should know then.

Advertisement