Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone

Options
  • 14-04-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭

there's a guy in town going around asking people for money so be can get the bus back to Dublin where's he from. Anyone any experince with this guy ??

I didn't give him anything BTW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Is this the traveller with a tight hair cut or the guy sitting on the side of the street with a sign in front of him. People should be fined for giving these idiots anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

A girl asked me yesterday very slim with long dark hair, there was a guy behind her, both got nasty when I walked on without giving them anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

What part of Dublin's Fair City does this dude in distress wish to go to?
    Would he prefer jj kavanagh over bus eireann? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is this the traveller with a tight hair cut or the guy sitting on the side of the street with a sign in front of him. People should be fined for giving these idiots anything!

He had a short of skin head and was wearing a hoddy that had paint all over it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    He had a short of skin head and was wearing a hoddy that had paint all over it

Things must be on the up in Waterford! We might have a new beggar on the streets.
    I don't think I've seen that guy but it sounds like the guy I mentioned earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I gave him a tenner on a Sunday. The next day I saw him again with the same sign. He knew he was rumbled...just threw out some facetious comment about his missus throwing him out. He's a liar obviously.

A tenner on a Sunday.

One born every minute as they say!

ANYONE out on the street in Waterford at least is nothing but a chancer.
    Keep walking & say a silent prayer for the fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I gave him a tenner on a Sunday. The next day I saw him again with the same sign. He knew he was rumbled...just threw out some facetious comment about his missus throwing him out. He's a liar obviously.

and you'll only have luck for it, fair play to u

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there's a guy in town going around asking people for money so be can get the bus back to Dublin where's he from. Anyone any experince with this guy ??

I didn't give him anything BTW

Yep basically told him to fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

There was a guy outside tesco in Ardkeen doing the same a few weeks back. Saw him on a Saturday and Sunday.

But creepy tbh in the car park some weirdo coming up all friendly asking for cash.

I always just say no politely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Got that story from a girl, black hair, teeth a bit rotten in her head. This was months ago. Probably the same folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The only people you should give money to are the ones who say it's for drugs or alcohol, at least they're being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I gave him a tenner on a Sunday.

Who could blame them for asking when there are people who will give them a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who could blame them for asking when there are people who will give them a tenner

Isn't it better then them robbin, they'll get the money somehow. Most irish people that beg have some form of an addiction

Isn't it better then them robbin, they'll get the money somehow. Most irish people that beg have some form of an addiction

So you're advocating paying for their habit with the money going to a supplier who in turn brings more of the sh*te in for another unfortunate to go down the same road?

Some reasoning there!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

So you're advocating paying for their habit with the money going to a supplier who in turn brings more of the sh*te in for another unfortunate to go down the same road?

Some reasoning there!

No, he's saying them begging or asking for money is better than them robbing it, perhaps aggressively.

But sure we can blame him for the drugs epidemic that's hit our streets anyway.;)

Sure go ahead and encourage them. Anyone robbing is going to continue anyway.

Is it recommended by anyone with any bit of common sense to give money to these people? I certainly never heard it.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sure go ahead and encourage them. Anyone robbing is going to continue anyway.

Is it recommended by anyone with any bit of common sense to give money to these people? I certainly never heard it.

These people? Are you suggesting that every person who begs belongs to a certain class of "people"?

Tell me more about these "people" oh ignorant one.

These people? Are you suggesting that every person who begs belongs to a certain class of "people"?

Tell me more about these "people" oh ignorant one.

I just love to see someone trying to find something that wasn't there and falling flat on their face. Let me explain for you what was meant by "these people"

"these people" as in people who ask others for money, the subject of this very thread. Nobody has metioned class, except for you of course.

I have seen people trying to deflect the issue before but your attempt at doing so can only be described as pathetic. And you are calling me ignorant. That's cute.

Is that your explanation? Christ. Are you a politician? And you absolutely are ignorant btw.

• Advertisement

Is that your explanation? Christ. Are you a politician? And you absolutely are ignorant btw.

If you say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Perhaps this is a stupid question but are the people begging not entitled to the dole and rent allowance?

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I'm guessing that they are entitled to dole but they spend it on their drug of choice and then need more money to fund their habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm guessing that they are entitled to dole but they spend it on their drug of choice and then need more money to fund their habit.

Yeah that was my thought on it too. Hence why I would never feed their habit but I genuinely thought maybe I missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I heard one of the homeless charities spokesperson on radio a couple years ago and even he said you shouldnt give your money to non-official fundraising or just plain beggars on the street, it is far more effective to give it to one of the numerous charities, SVP etc etc. Added to that, plain common sense would tell you, you could be feeding an addiction by giving to begging on street.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

shtarry bud any fags boy naaa.sound boy any owl odds der

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Max Powers wrote: »
    I heard one of the homeless charities spokesperson on radio a couple years ago and even he said you shouldnt give your money to non-official fundraising or just plain beggars on the street, it is far more effective to give it to one of the numerous charities, SVP etc etc. Added to that, plain common sense would tell you, you could be feeding an addiction by giving to begging on street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hahaha hes one funny motherf*cker

Advertisement