Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering - Children - Short/Intense Periods

Options
  • 02-04-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I've recently moved to Dublin and I'd like to continue some of the volunteer work I've been doing with kids over the last few years. I'm not sure who to get in touch with. I have a full-time day-job so don't have a lot of free time - so the type of volunteering I've done before has involved taking kids to Lourdes/Camino/Disneyland for a week or so, once a year etc. And I've worked with kids from difficult social backgrounds, and will illness. I'm not sure who is doing that type of work in Dublin? Most of the organisations I've looked at need some-one to give a few hours a week, which I don't have, unfortunately. Maybe some of the religious orders?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

You could pop into/contact your local Volunteer centre and see whether they can help you.
    Barretstown do good work with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

As far as I know you are too late to apply for them this year... but if you are still in Dublin next year Sunshine House would be perfect. One week living in Balbriggan with a pile of kids a load of other volunteers - hanging out in the playground, going to the beach, hunting for crabs, talent show and disco in the evening. It's a blast! Sunshine House is part of the Vincent de Paul. I imagine also the Vincent de Paul may have summer projects and stuff coming up. Not sure but it would be worth getting in touch with them to see.

Advertisement