Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio door condensation question

Options
  • 17-01-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

We have an aluminium single glazed patio door in my south facing porch. We recently had a new Palladio front door installed. It's a high quality door and we're delighted with it.

Since it was put in, there appears to be a much greater amount of condensation on the inside of the glass in the patio door in the evening and at night.

Does anyone know why this is so?

The Palladio door is about a metre wide. The glass panel to the side is the same height as the door and about 85 cm wide. It's triple glazed and the glass/air/glass/air/glass measurements are 6/4/6/4/6 mm. The porch is about 75 cm deep and we don't keep any plants, etc. there.

The previous front door was a good quality wooden one in a regular wooden frame. There were about 12 single glazed glass panels in wooden frames at the side where the triple glazed panel now is.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Does anyone have an opinion.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Simple.
    Porch now colder, lower dew point, more condensation.
    End of.
    Also whe u open door moist air from house gets into porch.
    Hope this helps
    http://www.dpcalc.org

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Thanks Calahonda! 👍

Advertisement