Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

15M euros is the reported release clause. Very odd if you're failing to stump up the cash. You probably will get em eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The laws on what a club report to the stock exchange are very strict so i doubt they are lying.
    Doesn't mean Villa Boas won't end up at Chelsea though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Right....

André Villas-Boas comes in as new manager... Fails to win 2011/12 Champions League. Axed in May 2012.

Who'll be the new manager then?

Just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DazMarz wrote: »
    Right....

André Villas-Boas comes in as new manager... Fails to win 2011/12 Champions League. Axed in May 2012.

Who'll be the new manager then?

Just saying...

Mourihno, when he fails to win it and gets axed, Villa Boas to Real Madrid then. :cool:

amiable wrote: »
    The laws on what a club report to the stock exchange are very strict so i doubt they are lying.
    Doesn't mean Villa Boas won't end up at Chelsea though

He bloody well better end up at Chelsea. Or else :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think Villas Boas is a bit special. Would be a great appointment if true. Even the BBC site is reporting that its close and they're notoriously slow to post a story unless theres some truth in it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13841169.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I don't know what to think ? is this good news ?

is he a proven manager ?

I was hoping for Hiddink to be honest...

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think Villas Boas is a bit special. Would be a great appointment if true. Even the BBC site is reporting that its close and they're notoriously slow to post a story unless theres some truth in it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13841169.stm

Would be a great signing if true, young, ambitious manager with little fear and a great tactical knowledge.
    jcf wrote: »
    I don't know what to think ? is this good news ?

is he a proven manager ?

I was hoping for Hiddink to be honest...

IMO, its great news.

Ya dont have to be proven, Mourihno wasnt exactly proven either.

Hiddink wouldnt be a bad lose if we got Villa Boas IMO.

Villa Boas has the ability to go on and be a top tier coach in the Fergie, Hitzfield, Mourihno, Lippi, Ancelotti mould if he gets the right team and continues his progression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wasn't he on Jose's staff for a while at Chelsea too, so he will have some prior knowledge of the club and players? Quite a lot of knowledge if that scouting report that was leaked a while back is anything to go by. Astonishing attention to detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wasn't he on Jose's staff for a while at Chelsea too, so he will have some prior knowledge of the club and players? Quite a lot of knowledge if that scouting report that was leaked a while back is anything to go by. Astonishing attention to detail.

Yeah he was at Chelsea for a while. Really hope we get him in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

gavredking wrote: »
    Would be a great signing if true, young, ambitious manager with little fear and a great tactical knowledge.

IMO, its great news.

Mourinho, yeah only won the Champions League.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

IMO, its great news.

Hiddink wouldnt be a bad lose if we got Villa Boas IMO.

Villa Boas has the ability to go on and be a top tier coach in the Fergie, Hitzfield, Mourihno, Lippi, Ancelotti mould if he gets the right team and continues his progression.

But will he be given that chance ?

this is the problem ...

He was Jose assistant up until the end of the 2009 season at Inter, he was with him from Porto - Chelsea - Inter.
    Mourinho, yeah only won the Champions League.

Yes, my point wasnt clear. Jose had similar levels of experience, if not a bit more then Villa Boas, but their achievements we're pretty similar when they made they jump to a bigger club, so in a way neither we're proven at the highest level so it was a bit of a gamble, but a gamble that I would happly take as I thnk Villa Boas could one day be a world class manager, ala Mourihno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

this is the problem ...

Thats going to be the problem for any manager we get tbh.

this is the problem ...

Well if we signed Guus at 62we would have been looking for short, medium term success, hopefully Villa Boas represents long term stability but if he starts bad and we end up under performing and crashing out of the CL and not chalenging for the EPL then his position will be under threat, such is the nature of Roman unfortunatly.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
    #CFC began talks with Villas-Boas over the weekend but no deal is in place ... yet.

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
    #CFC began talks with Villas-Boas over the weekend but no deal is in place ... yet.

I'd love to know his source for that. Well for the last 2 weeks we we're all convinced it was Guus and it sems to have shifted to Villa Boas as the new man in. I just cant wait either way, we are either going to have one fo the best coaches around in Guus or one of the best upcoming coaches in Villa Boas. Both great potetinal replacements for Carlo IMO. Replacing Carlo was never going to be easy but both names I woudl welcome with open arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Just read on twitter that there will be a 7pm announcement on CFCTV. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

Seemingly there's no contact yet but there is a release clause of 15m in his contract.

Didn't know he was the chief scout at Chelsea under Mourinho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

smuckers wrote: »

5 hours lol :(

• Advertisement

Whos Twitter account is that from??

Cant check in work........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

No idea mate got a text about it, I think its because there's a TBA at 19:00 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

SSN breaking news - there is no news!

Chelsea spokesman says we hope to make an announcement in the next few days

Twitter thing is rubbish - its based on Chelsea TV having a TBA slot at 7pm

Thats not unusual for chelsea TV

I reckon we will get him - juts thrashing out the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lads, where has this all come from, yesterday I was 100% sure it was guus, reallyexciting day. Hopefully chelsea give andre a decent shot to build this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea TV has Best of Poyet on at 7pm.

No idea mate got a text about it, I think its because there's a TBA at 19:00 tonight.

Ya just checked my Twitter on my phone, forgot to check it first :o and cant see anything from any source I follow on Chelsea ( about 10 + people ) so not sure what to make of it.
    SSN breaking news - there is no news!

Chelsea spokesman says we hope to make an announcement in the next few days

Twitter thing is rubbish - its based on Chelsea TV having a TBA slot at 7pm

Thats not unusual for chelsea TV

I reckon we will get him - juts thrashing out the details

Just sen on Twitter, Gary Robertson ahs reported Maradona has stated that Aguero will stay in Madrid and stay with Atleico or join Real.

Adel Taarabt says Arsenal and Chelsea have made enquiries about his services.

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea TV has Best of Poyet on at 7pm.

Still showing as TBA for me?!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Lads, where has this all come from, yesterday I was 100% sure it was guus, reallyexciting day. Hopefully chelsea give andre a decent shot to build this team

The Internet and Twitter, the hot bed for rumours.

Things snow ball so easily these days and the bookies react too making people speculate even further.

Good times on the Chelsea thread though, alive with discussion and banter and info. Well done to all contributing at the moment. :)

The Internet and Twitter, the hot bed for rumours.

Things snow ball so easily these days and the bookies react too making people speculate even further.

Good times on the Chelsea thread though, alive with discussion and banter and info. Well done to all contributing at the moment. :)

have to get some work done at some stage! :eek:

Chelsea statement has been released.... "we hope to be able to make an announcement in the next few days or so, but until then we won't comment further" (from SSN)

From the shed twitter

iamsidders RT @garbosj: #FCP gave permission for #CFC to speak to AVB on Saturday. AVB met Abramovich. AVB insisted he wont sign until agreement between clubs.
    59 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    MyChelseaFamily RT @garbosj: For those who missed tweets 2 weeks ago. Van Basten was Hiddink's choice, Abramovich vetoed it after negative reports about MvB. #

• Advertisement

have to get some work done at some stage! :eek:

Chelsea statement has been released.... "we hope to be able to make an announcement in the next few days or so, but until then we won't comment further" (from SSN)

I've managed to get away without working since 8am today. :pac: Roll on 4:30pm quitting time.

The CFC annoucement kind of just backs up that they are at least in negoations and dont wanna say anything at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement