Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will be an interesting season for Gael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wont even hear a whisper of this talk of Aguero after Fernando bangs in 30 + in all comps this season !

This is true, Torres will be a beast next year but.............

IMO we should not be going out and buying 3-6 new players every season , one or two new faces would keep the balance correct.

Terry - Brumma
    Ashley - PVA or RB
    Ivan- Magney,Clifford,Rajkovic, Chalobh
    Alex- Luiz or any of the above
    Paulo - (dead wood needs to be gone )any of the above
    Essien-Luiz or Conor Clifford for the future, Ramieres,Mikel
    Lampard- Josh
    Anelka-Mellis,Kalou,Kakuta,Zhirkov
    Drogba-Danny Stur,Mitrovic

As I said just phase out one or two of the older player year by year and we will fine.

No drastic changes required , nothing to see here :D

............. You then didnt feature said Torres in your above team, for shame.

LYNCH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

For anyone looking to catch Gael Kakuta in Action

7 30/07 23:00 Bogota Mali - Korea Republic
    8 31/07 02:00 Bogota Colombia - France
    19 02/08 23:00 Bogota France - Korea Republic
    20 03/08 02:00 Bogota Colombia - Mali
    30 06/08 02:00 Cali France - Mali
    32 06/08 02:00 Bogota Colombia - Korea Republic

He was on fire for the France U-18/19 last summer so he could very easily do the same this year.

If he does, he will get another chance with AVB I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

gavredking wrote: »
    He was on fire for the France U-18/19 last summer so he could very easily do the same this year.

If he does, he will get another chance with AVB I reckon.

kakuta is one player I reckon should be given more of a chance. But he seems to lack a bit of confidence last year at fulham, I remeber him coming on for us the previous year and was by far our most creative player that time, he is a serious talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Im not worried what so ever about the lack of transfers at this moment and time , even without bringing in players we still have a good side .

I have faith in AVB and in him getting the best out of what we have in place also in introducing some youth/energy into the squad.

We need players like Anelka,Drogba,Kalou,Malouda,Lampard giving it there all again , the all looked uninterested last season for what ever reason.

Torres as poor a season he had , gave a 110% in every game which was refreshing to see.

There is arguably competition for every spot on the pitch ( A lot of the youths I am counting into this)

I dont think AVB will have the usual untouchables stance with the like of Lampard and CO and every man on the pitch will have to earn his space on the team sheet.

In terms of creativity, we have a great little player by the name of Gael Kakuta which given a really good crack of the whip will make it, an absolute shame this U-20 world cup was on this season and he has basically missed all the pre season.

Just on what someone posted on affellay, would not of minded a sneaky bid on him especially for the money thats been talked about.

Chelsea dont need a radical over haul just a few tweaks to the engine.

IMO we should not be going out and buying 3-6 new players every season , one or two new faces would keep the balance correct.

Terry - Brumma
    Ashley - PVA or RB
    Ivan- Magney,Clifford,Rajkovic, Chalobh
    Alex- Luiz or any of the above
    Paulo - (dead wood needs to be gone )any of the above
    Essien-Luiz or Conor Clifford for the future, Ramieres,Mikel
    Lampard- Josh
    Anelka-Mellis,Kalou,Kakuta,Zhirkov
    Drogba-Danny Stur,Mitrovic

As I said just phase out one or two of the older player year by year and we will fine.

No drastic changes required , nothing to see here :D

Sorry have to disagree. Some of the kids simply arent good enough or are light years away from being ready
    We DO need drastic surgery to win the league, and not just challenge for it.

I can just hear Mourinho commenting on us in the Champions League
    "It is still my team" "No problem, I know how to beat them"

We dont seem to be able to attract or seal the deal like we used to (Reports in france that Pastore prefers PSV) And are now linked with Parker, Johnson FFS.
    The oldies wont be able to play every game to a high level and AVB has said he will rotate, but I say again, rotate with who exactly?

• Advertisement

Sorry have to disagree. Some of the kids simply arent good enough or are light years away from being ready

We dont seem to be able to attract or seal the deal like we used to (Reports in france that Pastore prefers PSV) And are now linked with Parker, Johnson FFS.The oldies wont be able to play every game to a high level and AVB has said he will rotate, but I say again, rotate with who exactly?

johnson is a serious talent, would walk into our first team tbh:confused:

We dont seem to be able to attract or seal the deal like we used to (Reports in france that Pastore prefers PSV) And are now linked with Parker, Johnson FFS.
    The oldies wont be able to play every game to a high level and AVB has said he will rotate, but I say again, rotate with who exactly?

I pressume you mean PSG??

Well if Pastore wants money, he can go to PSG, and by all accounts Paris would be more glamorous then London but we can offer more as a team.

So its success or lifestyle.

On Mourihno, I think no matter who he plays in the CL this year he will win the thing, I think Real are to strong, their squad is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Even Barca?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    johnson is a serious talent, would walk into our first team tbh:confused:

Why, just because he is a winger? Why is he not a nailed on starter for Man City then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Liveonlinefooty + work = :D

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Even Barca?

Yup, I believe Mourihno now has a better understanding of the Spanish league and how it works, and give him credit he did beat Barca last year in a cup final.

Barca for all their brillant players and dyanmic game they are not invincible, if Mourihno and Real dont take one or both of the La Liga or CL crown from Barca I'd be surprised.
    Why, just because he is a winger? Why is he not a nailed on starter for Man City then?

Got to agree Sgt, the way city play with 2 wide men, Balotelli is usually one of them in the other has been Silva with tevez through the middle.

AJ is a good palyer but Silva and Balotelli are better and he just cant get a game, he looks good in the cameos he plays but in games where hes got the full 90 or started he can very easily drift in and out and be non existent for large periods.

Still though, he would be worth a punt if he could take him for reasonable money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Liveonlinefooty + work = :D

ditto.

not keen on that jersey.

Soooooooooooo

Whos going keep us up to date with the game today? :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

pablo hernandez anyone?linked with him a couple of seasons ago wouldnt mind a bid for him on the right wing!

Ooh, nice cross from the corner by Drogba, Kalou's header off the post and Benayouns overhead kick only goes into his own head!

Goal is coming though.. pressure is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

No need for Modric or anyone else. Yossi is boss.

;)

8 Chelsea work some room for Yossi Benyaoun down the right and his cross is headed clear.

7 Chelsea keeper Ross Turnbull comes out to take the corner confidently.

6 Roberto Losada wins a second corner for Kitchee, much to the delight of the home crowd.

5 Shaky start by Rajkovic. He's caught out for pace on halfway and concedes a free-kick.

4 It's cleared as far as Dani Guerrero and the Kitchee left-back fails to get a clean shot away and it goes well wide from 25 yards.

3 Young Serbian Slobodan Rajkovic gets another chance to impress in the Chelsea defence but skews a clearance out for a corner.

2 Kitchee clear for a corner and Florent Malouda's delivery is cleared as far as Zhirkov, who hits a fierce volley narrowly wide.

1 Chelsea enjoy an early spell of possession and Yuri Zhirkov almost picks out Ashley Cole's run into the box.

Some more........
    13 Some neat play by Chelsea results in Lampard picking out Malouda on the left. The French winger sidefoots it across goal first time but no-one is there to get the final touch.

12 Chelsea win a right-wing corner but Benayoun's delivery doesn't clear the man at the near post and the Israeli midfielder gives away a free-kick trying to make amends.

11 Frank Lampard hits a low shot from distance which is gathered low to the Kitchee keeper's right.

10 Lively start by the hosts. Can they maintain this effort and give Chelsea a thorough examination? What are you expecting from Andre Villas-Boas' side today? Let me know your views at ben.collins@bskyb.com

9 Salomon Kalou is rightly flagged offisde from Frank Lampard's diagonal ball.

37 mins.
    Benayoun brought down in the box.
    Lampard converts the penalty.

• Advertisement

1-0 Lampard Penalty 36min

HT 1-0 to chelsea, lamps penalty

Kalou hit the woodwork also

Good performance, attack against defence really, good tempo and should be more goals in this game for us.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    HT 1-0 to chelsea, lamps penalty

Kalou hit the woodwork also

Good performance, attack against defence really, good tempo and should be more goals in this game for us.

I take it we are dominating possession, but struggling to break them down?

News:
    Porto have turned down a staggering €80m bid for Brazilian striking ace Hulk from an undisclosed club, according to his agent.

Tell me it wasn't us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will Ashley Cole be one of the first names on the team sheet again this season or will Bertrand get some games in the Premier League lads?

Paully D wrote: »
    Will Ashley Cole be one of the first names on the team sheet again this season or will Bertrand get some games in the Premier League lads?

I would imagine that we will rotate most of the positions with players that are good enough to do so?!

lol another og

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We still have Ramieres and Luiz to come back, think it could be a big year for Ramieres.

3-0 drogba

subs galore now

• Advertisement

ok fernando, show us your stuff..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement