Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Winter Matchplay Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Will do.

I'll be there at 12.

No problem getting out at that time, Fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

No problem getting out at that time, Fix?

see pm.

I'd say call but as Saturday. But should be grand

see pm.

I'd say call but as Saturday. But should be grand

They're booked solid until after one so we're going to leave it till Tuesday morning instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Slot available on Tuesday morning at 0956 for 9euro a head, myself and thebigeasy are going to play,anyone else want to play there match then ?

dar_cool wrote: »
    Slot available on Tuesday morning at 0956 for 9euro a head, myself and thebigeasy are going to play,anyone else want to play there match then ?

I'd say I'll play too dar - but not at the expense of a 2nd match - will see how numbers pan out. Some value for a game.

• Advertisement

Lads , Good chance of delayed play or no play in am, you'd always get away there , but looks late.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Corballis/hour_by_hour.html

Sorry - Tuesday looks ok. Away by 10 or a small bit later.

Dar and big.
    We have a 4 ball Tuesday.

Myself and Scubapro.

Dar can that be made 4 ball at that rate.

That time is gone now, but there is a time at 12:12 for 10euro each? will that do?

That time is gone now, but there is a time at 12:12 for 10euro each? will that do?

Will PM ye.

They're booked solid until after one so we're going to leave it till Tuesday morning instead.

Big can you play nearer midday.

So we all get out and avoid any possible frost delay.
    ?

• Advertisement

THe Big - tried to get you we are going for 1212 now, to avoid morning freeze (if any)

I'll be there at 1130 - 1145.

Sorry was off the grid briefly but that's fine with me. Don't think the frost lifted at all today but tomorrow isn't due to be as severe, hopefully!

Cool, hopefully will be ok tomorrow, its booked for 1236 but if were all there for around 1145 we should get out earlier depending on the frost. Dying for a game now :)

Cool, hopefully will be ok tomorrow, its booked for 1236 but if were all there for around 1145 we should get out earlier depending on the frost. Dying for a game now :)

Lads - I'll be there early too, as wouldn't mind getting out at earlier tee time.

We still should be grand.

See ye there at 1145.

Bring your mitts!!! It will be freeeeeezing :D
    Snow-golf-Courtesy-of-Victoria-Jungfrau-lr.jpg

Was out today. Just knock around . A bit like above.
    But oddly nice.

Lads we didn't know this winter league was going to be so honest a winter league.

No looks nice. Lined trousers . Two socks ready.

But it looks Mediterranean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Weather looking nice for friday lads.

Only time in corballis is 12.05 but shop said they'd notify me tomorrow if there are any drop outs.

I've booked it for 12.05 in any way. Anyone else free ?

So 2nd match played - we will up the ante in new year, to get 2 games done each by end of January.

As we said , would only be right to keep the winter league an honest winter league. As we travelled to Corballis on the back sea view road, it was still covered in the sub zero frost. The place was packed , Christmas golf is fun , but we look forward to having the place back to ourselves , not the Christmas present rush.

Horrendously slow - frozen practice green , almost unplayable in parts. But was still a great day for golf (at times).
    Was a pleasure to watch dar's start , considering he is not playing much winter golf this year. First hole, 8 inches from hole - hole won , putt not given :p:D
    And then it continued , 3 up after 4 for dar. Looked like we could head in at 13.

But that is the joy of matchplay - stick at it, and well done The Big - he played the important shots at the right times - some remarkable up and downs , I was all over the place looking for balls , but the ones I can recall are great wins / halves on 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17.

The most memorable by The Big, was a par on 12 after being in bad positions twice. Including a great up and down from bunker edge.

So a great win of 3 up for The Big- and proof that you never give up in matchplay , never.

To accommodate everyone playing, that lads kindly put the tee time forward, but the pace of play was chronic - and at near 3 pm hitting 11 - things were not looking great to finish. We were waiting to play on almost every tee , this did not help the flow of good play. Some of the greens were actually frozen too, causing bizarre bounces and ice hockey pace. .

The match ended on 17 - in darkness (even with the extra minute per day ;)) , but thankfully it didn't influence outcome, as in darkness the 2 lads had pars on 17 , a par on 17 is a good score any daylight of the week , 2 fantastic up and downs from the 2 lads. And that was that. Another match still in the mix up to 17.

So - see all in New year, when we will have the course back to ourselves. great little event.

On 4 , with the backdrop of Lambay, the clear fresh cool air, blue sky - you could have fooled yourself it was mid summer. As dar's ball did that true golfers' flight , high and turning onto the pin again. You realised after all the wait, it was worth it again.

Class win - The Big Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Lads, I am able to play next Monday and Wednesday at least during next week if anyone from my group is able to play then.
    Corballis should be back to normal then as well.

Yes pcasso.
    I'm targetting 0930 Wed.
    I'll book a 4 ball.

• Advertisement

pcasso wrote: »
    Lads, I am able to play next Monday and Wednesday at least during next week if anyone from my group is able to play then.
    Corballis should be back to normal then as well.

I may be around monday morning. I'll get back to ye to confirm

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I may be around monday morning. I'll get back to ye to confirm

Play away.

But lads see Ryaners earlier post.

He is looking for a match from group a.

Yes pcasso.
    I'm targetting 0930 Wed.
    I'll book a 4 ball.
    That's great. Thanks.
    I will be there

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Weather looking nice for friday lads.

Only time in corballis is 12.05 but shop said they'd notify me tomorrow if there are any drop outs.

I've booked it for 12.05 in any way. Anyone else free ?

We can play our match then Ryaner if there's a spot still available.

Lads next wednesday group b - 4 ball and we hope to get 2 matches on.

Booked for 930 hrs.

Weather not looking good for Wednesday.
    Very wet and windy according to Siobhan Ryan on RTE's farming forecast.
    Not that I am a fair weather golfer or anything. ;)

Weather looks ok for the weekend, anyone in my group available to play. I'm around monday if anyone can make it ?

If you're free any other days please post up so we can get the games going.

Early to say - but looks like it is settling.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Corballis/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll be able to play this Friday morning.
    Away this weekend but could do one morning next week.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I can't do this Friday.
    I can play Monday or Wednesday next week and pretty much any day bar Monday the following one

Advertisement