Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Winter Matchplay Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

Might be able to join you Fix, will know by Wednesday, so might try get a game with somebody out of my group of if not just play the open......could be worst things to do on a Friday morning in December than getting a .1 around there

Might be able to join you Fix, will know by Wednesday, so might try get a game with somebody out of my group of if not just play the open......could be worst things to do on a Friday morning in December than getting a .1 around there

Class - PARlance and Golfgraffix both on too - so we have 4.

Any others from other group ?

It looks like a match is on anyway - about 915 there for a 930 start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I'm trying to get friday off at the moment, so if I do we'll play our matchplay game. I'll know in the morning.

Do ye want me to book tee times lads ?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get friday off at the moment, so if I do we'll play our matchplay game. I'll know in the morning.

Do ye want me to book tee times lads ?

That would be great ryaner - 930 - a 4 ball to start.

If you are coming book 930 and 940 - and we will try get 6.

At last we could be away looks a nice day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Unfortunately, I can't make Friday, have a diabetes clinic appointment and I've missed the last couple, so have to put in an appearance :(

Itching for a game though, I can play pretty much any other day though if anyone in my group can't do Friday but wants to go out another day :)

How does the handicap work, is Fix off scratch seeming as it's Corballis? ;)

Good one Big Easy -

All GUI - or if no GUI , your Society hcap.

Everyone got a handicap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Good one Big Easy -

All GUI - or if no GUI , your Society hcap.

Everyone got a handicap ?
    You bet.
    It's my swing. :D
    Yes

Unfortunately, I can't make Friday, have a diabetes clinic appointment and I've missed the last couple, so have to put in an appearance :(

Itching for a game though, I can play pretty much any other day though if anyone in my group can't do Friday but wants to go out another day :)

How does the handicap work, is Fix off scratch seeming as it's Corballis? ;)

Big - you can use your Boards Handicap.

But I guess you were due a cut after big win ?

Big - you can use your Boards Handicap.

But I guess you were due a cut after big win ?

Yeah, got cut to 18 but don't mind playing off a couple less, though I'm not quite sure where my game is at right now.

Hoping to join a club next year and get a GUI, if I can gather together the shillings. I've definitely got the bug at the moment.

• Advertisement

Two tee times booked for friday 9.30 & 9.40

I'll throw it up in the arrange a game thread in case anyone else wants in

Yeah, got cut to 18 but don't mind playing off a couple less, though I'm not quite sure where my game is at right now.

Hoping to join a club next year and get a GUI, if I can gather together the shillings. I've definitely got the bug at the moment.

18 so ,

Fair play.

Lads just a few technicalities.

Lads - As Friday is an Open and we are simultaneoulsy playing matchplay - are people happy to take part in both ? (Obviously no conceding holes/putts as a result (lol))
    I would like to play open as rare enough to get qualifying this time of year ? But, Open to views here.

PARance is looking after money side - reminder 15 euro entry - he is organising Semi Finals and Final.

Please record score of match - including last hole outcome , as your loss/win by holes could come into play in event of Tie Break rule in group stages - Don't do a Tiger Woods V Molinari - finish out match. Thanks.

Sorry lads, but work has caught up on me and theres no way of getting out of here tomorrow.

Enjoy the game lads

So we are still ok and 4 ball.

Anyone in my group want to play a match on the Saturday? The weather is supposed to be ok, at least for this time of year :)

107 posts not a match played.

sums up boards . And the procrastination perpetrated by myself.

no , Jan and February will be busy.

golfgraffix ready for victory in am

107 posts not a match played.

sums up boards . And the procrastination perpetrated by myself.

no , Jan and February will be busy.

golfgraffix ready for victory in am

Best of luck lads, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fix is putting on a faux modesty and refraining from posting ;)

The first match got under way yesterday and it was a cracker. Fix just edging out Golfgraffix in the end for a 2 up win.

I had the pleasure of playing alongside and it was some battle, great golf and several swings in the lead throughout. Unfortunately Golfgraffix's driver decided to play up on the run in.
    It was a shame as it handed the match to Fix in the end. An ending that didn't befit the battle that had gone before it.

At one stage, the Corballis resident looked like he was on the ropes, indeed some pr**k offered him a standing count as he walked off the 6th after losing 3 holes on the trot :)

No sign of a random drug test at the end thankfully. There may have been traces of JD and/or Stout found amongst the group.

Great day for links golf. A strong enough wind at times - for example 9 was a 4 iron even after a JD.

But a perfect day for winter golf - a bit wet in places and bunkers out of play in parts. So was a non qualifying day.

I'm fairly inexpereniced at matchplay (only played it 3 times now) - so sort of new territory in what is a friendly enough competition - but great practice for future club events. But I genuinely would be looking forward to trying to get to a Semi and final on what are 2 great courses.

I was genuinely disappointed that his driver deserted him at the wrong time - I also started to play better on the last 4 holes too. Didn't make too many putts , but as Golfgraffix has said to me , sometimes the battle in matchplay can be to get on the green. You can win a hole without needing to make a putt at all. Long putting still strong enough but.

Best I ever seen Golfgraffix play in Corballis - and he had me in trouble as was in the lead 2 times and 1 up with only 4 to go.

So enjoyable event - looking forward to my next two games. Looks like there is not going to be too many easy games in our group.

By the way, whatever you think of the place, it is a great place to try get hole in ones. I can remember at least 5 very close ones there over the last year - Myself, darcool, Scub and to add to that PARlance was bang on for one yesterday - hit the flag but major bounce back from flag 13. So I've seen a very close one now on 1/4/6/13/17.

I wonder will we see one there soon ?

Anyway looking forward to 2016. This looks the makings of a nice little event - and will keep game moving in winter.

BTW - Golfgraffix and I played full difference - so all others do same please - lower guy to scratch - higher guy to difference.

Also finish out games and record score. I'll post up a table after everyone has played a few games.
    Do not play extra holes in group stage - a 1/2 is a 1/2 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Well done Fix, sorry haven't posted up in a while,haven't played much in the last 2 months, who am I down to play? :D

A (THE SHANKERS)
    Ryaner
    dar_cool
    The Big Easy
    TheRoomWrecker

B (THE PULLERS)
    PARlance
    Pcasso
    Golfgraffix
    FixdePitchmark

No issue dar.

We will be meeting up in new year.
    If everyone could target 1 game at least played by mid January.

Again - it does not have to be Friday but that is the general plan. Corballis can be played most days and if need be we can play Saturday.

Put a notification onto this thread - so you see if someone is looking for a game.

You can play matches in any sequence.

Maybe someone would fancy a match in gap to new year.

Cheers Fix, when do you want to play Ryaner? Playing a Corballis member in his back yard!!

Lads - The weather is very good for the next week or so.

Well, courses will need a few days to dry. Even Corballis will be very wet in parts.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Corballis/long.html

I'm off Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday next week.

Deadly, lets get this show on the road, played corballis last saturday, was cold but course is in super condition for the time of year.

dar_cool wrote: »
    Deadly, lets get this show on the road, played corballis last saturday, was cold but course is in super condition for the time of year.

Do you want to play our match tomorrow so Dar, have to drive down to Dublin anyway?

Yeah cool if that works for you?

dar_cool wrote: »
    Yeah cool if that works for you?

what time ye playing lads.

what time ye playing lads.

Just sent dar a pm, we're thinking around 12 but I can do an hour earlier as well.

Do you want to referee? :pac:

• Advertisement

Just sent dar a pm, we're thinking around 12 but I can do an hour earlier as well.

Do you want to referee? :pac:

Will do.

I'll be there at 12.

Advertisement