Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Winter Matchplay Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Cheers pcasso I'll sort you out when I arrive.

No bother at all.
    Look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Guys, sorry but I'll be in London too now on Friday.

Does anybody want to fill my 10:04 slot?

Pcasso, I'll pay for your comp fee if nobody fills in. Apologies Montgolfer, I'll try to get a replacement.

PARlance wrote: »
    Guys, sorry but I'll be in London too now on Friday.

Does anybody want to fill my 10:04 slot?

Pcasso, I'll pay for your comp fee if nobody fills in. Apologies Montgolfer, I'll try to get a replacement.
    No bother mate

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

Im good for Friday so anybody from my group want to play Friday? probably enter the open too anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Im good for Friday so anybody from my group want to play Friday? probably enter the open too anyway

I should be around Friday; just not 100% sure yet. I take it we're not worried about the orange gale alert :pac:

I'm more worried about having decided to change my grip after reading Ben Hogan's first fundamental of golf. In danger of becoming obsessed, will have to resurrect that addiction thread if it continues like this. I'm definitely approaching a worrisome stage :P

• Advertisement

Okay lads. I sincerely apologize but I somehow stuffed up the booking and as of yet there is nothing booked for Corballis this Friday.
    So do I make a booking or do people want to take a rain check?
    I am easy with both options

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

pcasso wrote: »
    Okay lads. I sincerely apologize but I somehow stuffed up the booking and as of yet there is nothing booked for Corballis this Friday.
    So do I make a booking or do people want to take a rain check?
    I am easy with both options

Lads - the last time I called this - I got it wrong , played, and was a disaster.

We are a bit unlucky in that, the only day it is sub 5 is Friday - that was fine , till the wind is picking up all the time.

Sub 5 is mental stuff but ok when still - sub 5 with wind picking up is :D

In saying all that - it is one of the few place you can go out start playing and get around quick.

But - if we delay by a week - it will be hard to imagine it will be sub 5 again. looks more like 10 - 9 - 8.

I'd be hard enough when it comes to winter golf - but was out other day with it sub 5 and wind and your man Shackleton would be asking questions.

Shackletonhead.jpg

I'd still go but :P

So we will call it off for Friday - had a think there.

We may try get 3 matches on next Friday.

Genuinely - these conditions are a bit much - we should make the right call when required.

we still have well over 2 months for what is only 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Genuinely - these conditions are a bit much - we should make the right call when required.

I reluctantly agree - as the wind attempts to blow in my window - it'll give me more time to work on my grip as well :)

That's fine by me too though I cannot play the following Friday.
    I am sure there will be no issue getting matches played in the new year though.
    Apologies again for stuffing up the booking though it may prove a blessing in disguise.
    There is talk of snow on Thursday night/Friday morning and while it probably wouldn't effect Corballis it may hinder some peoples journey there.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pcasso - temperatures are such (if right) - that the place will not thaw out as hardly above 2 degrees.
    See you in new year.

Ok lads - anyone in my group able to play next week. Friday again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

pcasso wrote: »
    That's fine by me too though I cannot play the following Friday.
    I am sure there will be no issue getting matches played in the new year though.
    Apologies again for stuffing up the booking though it may prove a blessing in disguise.
    There is talk of snow on Thursday night/Friday morning and while it probably wouldn't effect Corballis it may hinder some peoples journey there.

I won't be able to make Friday week either. Pity about the weather was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone in my group crazy enough for a game on saturday ?

Lads was out today for practice, was hardcore 4 layers, but was not as bad as predicted.

Sorry about that, but we could only go with what we had.

Again I'm available next Friday.

ryainer if you get a game in am, I might join to make a 3 ball.

I've nothing booked fix but we head out in the morning ? What time suits you ?

Anyone else ?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I've nothing booked fix but we head out in the morning ? What time suits you ?

Anyone else ?

Not 100 % yet, but would be aiming for 930 hrs. Would that be available a Saturday.

Yeah, there won't be an issue getting out tomorrow.

[QUOTE=ryaner777;9341752hourah, there won't be an issue getting out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'll be back to you in hour.

again anyone else in groups ?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Well did any of ye get yer matches played?

Well did any of ye get yer matches played?

No, combination of weather - real life and work.

I think we will get one on next Friday.

If not, looks like 2015.

• Advertisement

No, combination of weather - real like and work.

I think we will get one one next Friday.

If not, looks like 2015.

Ah come on! Youre even worse than women !!!!

Ah come on! Youre even worse than women !!!!

:D:D:D

Was thinking that today.

I was out both days - but it was a case that the bad weather was Saturday not Friday in the end - The weather was a little better Friday than predicted - but I'll be honest - was near hardcore :)
    Thursday was way worse.

Today I was away playing golf from 900 hrs to 1500 hrs, just because of Frost. (too long).

So no issue with weather - is actually lovely to play - it is just the frost delay and you are ****ed - excuse the French. there was about 40 - 50 lads waiting to get out - and if the truth be known , we were let out a little too early (IMO).

Next week looks all above 5 degrees.

But - if you are into winter golf, just go in a way - was out the other day course packed with lads well into 50s - would put young lads to shame.

A lad I play a few holes with - well in 80s - He was there playing on Wednesday. Now Wednesday was mental. I got back in car and went to range :P

I thought that the whole point of Christmas was to getgear to enable us to bear the winter conditions!!!

It always amazes me how many irish people flatly refuse to pkay golf through the winter. I think they miss out on so much by doing this, after all we generally have winter for four to five months. I would go gaga wuthout golf for that long.

Also all my favourite rounds have been on crisp clear winter days, thay are a real bonus and the unexpected pleasure is hard to beat

I thought that the whole point of Christmas was to getgear to enable us to bear the winter conditions!!!

It always amazes me how many irish people flatly refuse to pkay golf through the winter. I think they miss out on so much by doing this, after all we generally have winter for four to five months. I would go gaga wuthout golf for that long.

Also all my favourite rounds have been on crisp clear winter days, thay are a real bonus and the unexpected pleasure is hard to beat

Agree - we all said that today about how nice and crisp it was.

It is a state of mind , was saying to Ryaner there , I bet somebody (some headbanger) is swimming in Dollymount today. Sea below 10 degrees - now that is hardcore.

This was the first week I played in cold stuff in a year. Getting all the gear and staying warm is actually part of the test :D
    To be honest - If I did't play - what would you be doing with all that stuff. It is great gear - it works. But - this type of golf is not for everybody.

The sea was so still - it was very peaceful.

The lad with the bottle of Jameson Irish Whisky was funny.

We said in our group - the first lad to say "it is ****ing cold" - has to buy a pint :D

No - you are dead right , will be slower to call a halt again , but got stung a month ago in Concra.

So a bottle of Whisky next time and drive on .

The sting is always bad

The sting is always bad

Yes - that is why I was a bit less gung ho this week , it honestly was 10 m/sec + wind at 3 to 4 degree :eek:
    As I said - I played - but was dressed well enough to take on the Everest Southeast Ridge.

A rule of thumb for me is - if it hits 5 degrees at some stage - you will be 100 % , below that - you are into , delay and a risk of a finger loss :D

Anyway - Princess (doesn't feel right saying that) - come out some week - or at least come down to Euro club if you fancy it,

Would love to any time you are looking for someone to play off the red tees - have all the winter mitts etc

Would love to any time you are looking for someone to play off the red tees - have all the winter mitts etc

We'd love it - Do you prefer Jameson or Bushmills ?

Joking - you would want to see your man - was locked at the first. But warm. :D
    Scuba was talking to him and he had about 4 shots of whiskey in 5 minutes. :P

We will stick it up each week we are going.

No harm an extra person or two coming - if the numbers are right.

Keep Euro in March in mind anyway,

For sure, am a little insecure and may need a personal invite as am always dubious as to whether men want to include the red tees or not, but once i get settlted watch out, will take on any man

• Advertisement

For sure, am a little insecure and may need a personal invite as am always dubious as to whether men want to include the red tees or not, but once i get settlted watch out, will take on any man

Honestly - no issue at all.

Also - keep an eye out for the Society Thread - but they are lads who like Christmas Trees on a course with the rare charitable links. We are more in touch with our red tees on this side. Anyway - Corballis is nothing to do with tees anyway.

Advertisement