Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA online bikeshop?

• 27-11-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a USA based webstore like Chainreation/Wiggle??With "black Friday" tomorrow there should be bargins to be found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭caadmium

Try w.nashbar.com. I've never used them because always found shipping and duty charges to be too expensive to make it worthwhile. If you had someone in the USA to ship to it could be a different story.

w.jensonusa.com/ is another but I seem to remember they were both part of the same company so possibly the same policies on shipping and prepaying customs duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just had a look and nashbar.com are now apparently offering lower postage costs to the UK, so might be an option to use a post forwarding service? I'm alright since I'm in the UK, but for those of you back home might work out. No idea olf the postage charges yet as I've just opened the site for the first time ever, but got a splash-screen up notifying me about it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,620 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dollar is strong against the Euro and a lot of the stuff I look at is not much cheaper over there anyway, but when you take into account VAT, Customs Duties and shipping the chances of getting stuff actually delivered to your doorstep cheaper are going to be pretty low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Could anyone recommend a USA based webstore like Chainreation/Wiggle??With "black Friday" tomorrow there should be bargins to be found.

Be wary of customs and postage. Most do UPS/DHL and they will charge you customs plus a handling charge on top of their hefty postal charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

For what its worth, most of us Yanks are buying from Ribble, PBK and Chainreaction these days. Prices are unbeatable compared to a lot of the US sites. Oh - Ribble, PBK and CR all have Black Friday sales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement