Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Separate Garmin Sensors for different bikes

• 20-04-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have ordered a second bike, so now I am faced with a real 'First World Problem'. Can I just get a second Garmin GSC10 sensor and mount it on the new bike?. Will my Garmin 500 recognise it automatically?. And the new bike will have a different tyre size so can I configure 2 bike settings in the Garmin 500?. I've searched the internet but cannot find any information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Reasonably sure that the Edge will support a different sensor per bike, as if you delve into the settings, the setting to control whether or not there is a speed/cadence sensor there is at a bike level, and you can have a couple of bikes configured within the Edge. TBH it's only reasonable that you would have a different sensor on each bike (as opposed to always having the same HRM, which more goes with the person), as they are a lot more awkward to move from one bike to another than the Garmin itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

If I recall correctly you can have three bikes on the Edge 500.

On a sub level of "bike" you can then attach its own sensors.

I defo had two bikes with different sensors on my old 500.

You just have to remember to set it to the bike you are going to use before heading out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have a different sensor on three bikes. I have each connected to a Garmin 500.
    You have to mate each sensor to the 500. Give each bike a name and away you go. Before each spin, set the Garmin to whichever bike, you're using, and it automatically picks the signal from that bike.
    Initially, when setting up, you will have to keep the bike, that you are pairing, 10 metres from your other sensors, so as not to confuse the Garmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have a different sensor on three bikes. I have each connected to a Garmin 500.
    You have to mate each sensor to the 500. Give each bike a name and away you go. Before each spin, set the Garmin to whichever bike, you're using, and it automatically picks the signal from that bike.
    Initially, when setting up, you will have to keep the bike, that you are pairing, 10 metres from your other sensors, so as not to confuse the Garmin.

Or just take the battery out of the sensor you don't want the garmin to detect? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

doh

• Advertisement
Advertisement