Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner bike

Options
  • 17-04-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to start cycling but know very little about what type of bike to get. I want to get something that isn't too expensive as I don't know if I'll decide to stick with it or not.

I want to use it mainly for cycling on cycle paths and don't plan to do any off-roading. I'm assuming a road bike would be best?

I've seen a couple of bikes that seemed reasonably priced but wasn't sure what people thought of them.

There's the Carrera Tanneri Limited Edition Cyclocross Bike 2015 and the Merlin Performance Road PR7. If it was a choice between the two, which one would you go for? Or if they're not good bikes, are there any others in a similar price range that you'd recommend?

Comments

Advertisement