Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Osgood-Schlatter disease

• 14-05-2009 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey,

I am a 23 year old male and i have recently had a lot of pain just below my knee when gaelic training. There is a boney lump just below the knee cap and that hurts while running, and to touch and then i'm limping for a few days after training. This all matches up with osgood - schlatter disease except for the fact that i'm and adult and this usually only occurs in young adolescents who are still growing.

Could anybody shine a light on this pain or has anybody got any experience with it before? What do you think i should do? Is it serious?

Should really head to the doctor to find out for sure but i'm in australia at the mo and i'm unemployed and i'm broke :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Is there a specific reason you suspect O-S apart from the boney lump? As soon as you can afford it you should just go and get a radiograph of the knee because there are a number of things that could be wrong and O-S doesn't sound like a perfect fit with your situation, really only a consultation with a clinic can help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

InFront is right, matching a couple of symptoms to something you've read about online is not a good idea. Get it looked at as soon as you can and maybe sit out a few training sessions for a while.

There's not really much else to say here but I'll leave the thread open for a little while. If I see medical advice I'll have to close it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mclovin

Thanks for the advice, i was really just looking for any opinion on the subject so thanks. I suppose i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and go to a clinic, hope it doesn't cost and arm and a leg..............well, actually i'm ready to part with the leg at this stage anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Go to the Aus/NZ forum and ask about costs for visiting doctors and hospital visits etc. They may be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Hi I had this disease. I was refered to a physiotherapist in laurel lodge. I got acupuncture on my knees. The only thing was that it was pads not the needles. Have to say it worked wonders. Only problem is there is still the bump there but like I can do everything I could do before now without the pain. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mclovin

Thanks for the help guys, at least there is some hope that it can be fixed. The longer i do nothing about it the more worried i get. Got a job there recently so should be able to go to a clinic now. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

No problem. Let us know how you get on :D

Advertisement