Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal costs in uncontested cases?

• 16-09-2013 8:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭

Is proceedings are brought against you and they are immediately uncontested, are any legal costs liable to be paid to the other party?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Is proceedings are brought against you and they are immediately uncontested, are any legal costs liable to be paid to the other party?

What type of case is it? Is it a debt collection claim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

dats_right wrote: »
    What type of case is it? Is it a debt collection claim?
    Actually it's an objection to a home alteration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it's a matter of a "Oi! your extension is in breach of your planning permission" letter from a solicitor and the matter is dealt with promptly by the developer, then there is little argument for costs to be dealt with.

If the case develops and is eventually settled outside court, then that settlement should deal with the matter of costs. Only costs actually incurred should be reimbursed and avoiding court would usually mean lower costs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Well it's more a matter of a most likely true planning issue mixed in with some purely made up stuff about abuse and harassment. While they are threatening court action, I'd be amazed if they'd chance anything other than the planning thing because they will lose them all in court. So if a second letter arrives with proceedings about only the planning I will happily oblige, but if they try to bring any of the other nonsense to court I'd love to have my day.
    If I make the necessary fixes to avoid the planning issue, is there a way of forcing a court hearing over the other things they are accusing me of? They are making legal accusations against me by putting them in a solicitor's letter?

Advertisement