Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Travel Vengeange

Options
  • 06-03-2010 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

If it was possible to go back in time and kill one famous person in history at a young age who would you kill keeping in mind the possible knock on effects it could cause, for example if you killed Hitler sure he would be dead but an even MORE evil tyrant could have taken his place.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Gandhi,

Dont think he would put up much of a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jesus.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If it was possible to go back in time and kill one famous person in history at a young age who would you kill keeping in mind the possible knock on effects it could cause, for example if you killed Hitler sure he would be dead but an even MORE evil tyrant could have taken his place.......

Too many to choose from - Hitler, Bush, Haughey, Ahern....

I have the solution, though : Adam. Or Eve. Either would solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Thierry Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Really there would be no point to it because evil people are a fact of life and killing one will make no real difference. If I was to pick one I might go for Emperor Constantine. He may have saved an awful lot of suffering if he had left Europe pagan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

id find a common ancestor of Hitler, Jesus and GW Bush.
    There has to be one somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Dana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Maddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Abraham, no more Islam, Christianity or Judaism.

• Advertisement

You don't have to kill them, just render one of their parants infertile!*

*Before conception

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bleg wrote: »
    Abraham, no more Islam, Christianity or Judaism.

Nah they would have just invented someone else

Cromwell!

One thing to consider when choosing someone from the distant past is that as a result of the chaos theory, there is a good chance that you won't be you as you are now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

One thing to consider when choosing someone from the distant past is that as a result of the chaos theory, there is a good chance that you won't be you as you are now!

Yeah, I could end up being on the receiving end of NAMA being bailed out for spending all my millions instead of where I am, oh no.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If real time travel exists, then you have to drop all time-based language. There is no more "did", or "will", or "could", or "should". Any "was" can be changed in to "isn't", and "will not" can become "is". Whatever event you can imagine, it is either part of our history already, or it is not, because if you can do it in the future, you [can|did] do it in the past. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'd kill Sharon Tate again.I didn't get caught last time.Why rock the fabric of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Like to shoot whoever shot the bullet that hit JFK's skull, just two seconds before he pulls the trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

dannym08 wrote: »
    id find a common ancestor of Hitler, Jesus and GW Bush.
    There has to be one somewhere

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

:pac:

hmmmm...... awkward........erm
    yeah sorry you'd be dead

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Like to shoot whoever shot the bullet that hit JFK's skull, just two seconds before he pulls the trigger.

The one in his throat still would have killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The one in his throat still would have killed him.

Okay, well then Ashley Cole :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Mark David Chapman

I would think that Lennon had a lot of great music left in him.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Okay, well then Ashley Cole :pac:

A satisfying and popular choice no doubt.I'd also like to take back my Sharon Tate option and join you in murdering that Judas bast*rd.

Advertisement