Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I download free MS Excel for my laptop?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I need to get MS Excel on my laptop for personal use.

Can I download a version of this for free?

Otherwise where can I buy a cheap package?

I am in the Dublin area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can download a trial version
    but your better off using openoffice, its free

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Openoffice is only of use if you're not giving other people your documents. By this, I mean some of the equations that MS Office uses aren't used by OpenOffice. Due to this, if you heavily use equations, and give the sheet to someone who ha Excel, it may not work correctly on their computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Office 2007 home and student is the cheapest available at €119 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=332029 . Includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote.

Otherwise look into the google online version and open office. They're the only two alternatives that spring to mind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote: »
    Openoffice is only of use if you're not giving other people your documents. By this, I mean some of the equations that MS Office uses aren't used by OpenOffice. Due to this, if you heavily use equations, and give the sheet to someone who ha Excel, it may not work correctly on their computer.
    In fairness most people don't install all the formulas anyway so really only applies to heavy users.

If sharing documents with other users then choose excel 97-2003 format as the default.
    This applies to both office 2007 and openoffice as neither can be read by older copies of msoffice

Main gotcha on formulas is remembering msoffice uses commas and openoffice uses semicolons as the delimiter

Advertisement