Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stand up arcade question

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Not sure where to post this question. I recently moved back to IReland and brought a full size arcade machine back with me. I plugged it in using a transformer/adaptor from argos and I think I blew the machine. I thought I was using a step-down transformer but I guess it was just a plug adaptor.

The machine turned on and then there was a pop and it won't power on now.

Do you think I have completely fried the machine or is it worth getting a step-down and trying again? If it is fried - does anyone know anywhere in Ireland to get and old 1983 arcade game repaired?

Thanks,
    Emmet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

It depends on the machine to be honest. The fact that there was a pop means you did do damage. Can you post a link to it. You might have just damaged the power supply.

Before you go plugging anything else in, check the sticker on the plug to see if the input is just 110V (states) or 110 - 220. If it's 110 - 220 (as a lot of laptops are for example) it will work fine without a transformer, just a normal adapter will do the job.

If it just says 110V and you plug in 220V you will do damage

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Emmet_F

Thanks for the response. Any ideas where I could get this serviced in Ireland (preferably Munster)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Emmet_F wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. Any ideas where I could get this serviced in Ireland (preferably Munster)?

Not a clue to be honest, try emailing the manufacturer, or look on their website for advice

Hmm, just saw the 1983 bit... Hopefully the manufacturer is still on the go!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Emmet_F

Thanks - It's a 1983 Mario Bros.. I think I will be able to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Might be worth asking in a pub with a poker machine in it where they get the machine repaired.

• Advertisement
Advertisement