Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Sausage

Options
2»

Comments

Next time you go shopping, ask yourself why there are no pork flavoured pet foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Irish sausages are ****ing gross perhaps that's why real sausages taste different to you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sausage is the end product
    The meat that goes into it is precooked.
    mmmmm, precooked genitalea...

Who told you this? The only precooked sausages are chorizo and similiar, raw sausages are just minced meat with various things added and pumped into a skin.
    Next time you go shopping, ask yourself why there are no pork flavoured pet foods.

what about the pig ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sainsbury's Pork and Apple sausages are gorgeous. So are their Sicilian ones, traditional pork,

Actually, they're all good.

Bacon on the other hand, is something the Brits can't get right at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Oh, there are other kinds of pre-cooked sausage around, you can often find them in Lidl and/or Aldi. quite like the Bratwurst they have in Lidl, which I slice up an add to pasta sauce etc. I think the skin is uncooked, so they might not be safe to eat straight from the pack. I also like their Bockwurst, though they're a bit tricky to heat without splitting. I tried steaming some a while ago, and they looked like bombs had gone off inside them.

I've only been to Germany once (Düsseldorf), but I was amazed by the wide variety of sausages they had in the breakfast buffet at the hotel. I could feel my arteries hardening as soon as I smelled them ... what's the Würst that could happen? :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Blisterman wrote: »
    Bacon on the other hand, is something the Brits can't get right at all.

Oh yeah, have to agree there, Irish Bacon is superb and you can't get white pudding in England which is a bummer.

Generally I would say that Ireland does better pork stuff but beef is better in England.

Oh yeah, is this where I am supposed to say that every Irish girl should try a bit of English sausage...phnaar phnaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I can't believe people are slagging off Irish sausages on this, they day of our saviour from the Snakes, Lá Fhéile Pádraig. For shame.

I had an english sausage in london a few weeks ago. It was ginormous and not appealing. Give me a nice skinny Irish sausage any day.

Oh and the English (and everyone else in the World) don't get 'bacon' right because they call it bacon. They're rashers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Irish sausages are ****ing gross perhaps that's why real sausages taste different to you OP.

GTFO.

I had an english sausage in london a few weeks ago. It was ginormous

I keep telling people this........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The butcher on Parnell St does lovely great big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I like those sausages in McDonalds that are pretend to be a burger.

Advertisement