Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maltesers/Fridge Madness

• 18-09-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I had an open packet of maltesers on top of the fridge and i just knocked them over and now they are all behind the fridge on the ground. Should i move the (big) fridge and bin them or should i just leave it off...im thinking maybe they will attract mice if i leave it off......but its a big fridge and there is no one to give me a hand......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You should have eaten them when you opened the bag in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

phasers wrote: »
    You should have eaten them when you opened the bag in the first place

twas the plan i left them there while gettin a can in the fridge.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Did you try the hoover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Let's all take a moment for the tragedy of the lost Maltesers....:(

I hope it wasn't a big bag? Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about them...all alone in the dark, getting all stale and uneaten.

Did you try the hoover?

wont reach. there right at the back....

• Advertisement

Let's all take a moment for the tragedy of the lost Maltesers....:(

I hope it wasn't a big bag? Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about them...all alone in the dark, getting all stale and uneaten.

yeah it was the big bag ,it was the 2 for the price of one you get in supervalue....:( Nice and cold as well but not too cold either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Terrible news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think they are true teasers, and are fulfilling their revenge at being called Malt.

I pity them tbh, a teaser shouldn't be given the first name Malt!

Prick or Mickey or god forbid Brain teaser, but not Malt.

They are in the middle of a revolution, let it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I had an open packet of maltesers on top of the fridge and i just knocked them over and now they are all behind the fridge on the ground. Should i move the (big) fridge and bin them or should i just leave it off...im thinking maybe they will attract mice if i leave it off......but its a big fridge and there is no one to give me a hand......

Mice eat spiders. Given the preference, I'd prefer the mice. /thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

hows about you try getting like 20 straws stick them all together and suck like a mad thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

twas the plan i left them there while gettin a can in the fridge.....
    How big was the can that you had to put down a packet of Maltesers to pick it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

I got a tray of Maltesers for Christmas one year. Put them in a box of stuff in my room. Quite a while later put the box in the attic to tidy up the room. Forgot about the box.

A couple of months later we started to hear a scratching noise every now and then in the ceiling over the bedroom. Set mousetraps in the attic. Heard 'snap' noise in the middle of the night. Caught mice. Removed mice.

A couple of months later again, we had to move everything out of the attic to get it re-insulated. Came across the box...

...within the box was what looked like confetti. One of the paper bags had a hole at the bottom. Opened paper bag. Found box of Maltesers. At one of the topside corners was a perfectly circular hole no bigger than a 10c piece. The little fuċkers had nibbled through the box, the paper bag, the cellophane wrapper, the Maltesers box and most of the Maltesers. Jaysus I nearly threw up! :(

Sooo, I think you should clear them up before something else does! ;)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Do you own the house? Or do you rent?

If you own it, yeah, probably best to get them.

If you rent, f*ck that, leave them. If mice come, move out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

I now wish I was a mouse. Imagine coming across an acre of Maltesers the size of your head! I'd be one happy mouse

Advertisement