Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web site and domain hosting

Options
  • 14-05-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

does anyone know of a good company in Ireland? Prices seem a lot cheaper in the UK (£2 a month with FTP facilities and very good support facilities) but I can't seem to find anyone over here in that range...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And i dont think you will either, but if you check the:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=160 - Webhostign forum you might get more replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

just checked it out and it that forum is closed since 2003.You must have a good memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

As far as i know go daddy do reall good deals. I was with them a year or two ago. http://www.godaddy.com/
    They're mostly known for domains but i think they might do hosting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I'm with Blacknight. Prices start at €5 a month with everything you could need. I really do have to give there support team credit- they are absolutely ace.

I believe the owners of boards run Digiweb, but I've no personal experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Another vote for Blacknight here. I host 4 sites with them. Very competitive rates (keep an eye on their twitter for discount codes) and their after sales support is brilliant. Quick responses, no messing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

I use Blacknight and they're pretty good. Was with Register/Hosting 365 but when they sold off their small colo stuff to Namesco without even telling their customers beforehand I changed. There were a couple of silly limitations in their CP with regard to Windows hosting which bugged me too.

Another option you might look at is letshost.ie....newer entry, Irish datacenter, seem pretty solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I use Blacknight and they're pretty good. Was with Register/Hosting 365 but when they sold off their small colo stuff to Namesco without even telling their customers beforehand I changed. There were a couple of silly limitations in their CP with regard to Windows hosting which bugged me too.

Another option you might look at is letshost.ie....newer entry, Irish datacenter, seem pretty solid.

Whatever you do.. do not go anywhere near Register 365. Either one of their systems messed up or somebody hacked my FTP server and started using LOADS of bandwidth (33+ GB a day) and they didn't tell me my usage had rocketed and didn't tell me I had exceeded my bandwidth limit. They then took €1,100 off my credit card without telling me- no invoice, nothing.

Took me 20+ hours on the phone with people who just ran me around in circles and I only got my money back when I said I'd had enough and was going to seek legal advice (FYI they delete their server logs on the 1st of every month (apparently) so they could not even prove that "I" had used that much bandwdith). Suffice to say I left and am very happy with Blacknight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

+1 for blacknight.

€60 per year for the minimus package. 10 GB of Disk Space, 30 Domains, great software and customer service/support is second to none.

You can't go wrong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

+1 for blacknight.

€60 per year for the minimus package. 10 GB of Disk Space, 30 Domains, great software and customer service/support is second to none.

You can't go wrong.

Blacknight also have a Commericial Interation section on boards which is also a benefit of them, I've used them for peoples sites and their relyable

Nick

Advertisement