Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Working Christmas (Rant Bitch Moan)

Options
  • 24-12-2005 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in work today / tomorrow / etc?

6am I get a phone call of doom. Its not as if I'm saving lives either!?

Now I'm not sure I'll be home in time for turkey.....

Bah...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

turkey is tomorrow, how does working today effect that?!!

yeah, i'm in work today. it sucks. it sooooooooooooooooo quiet! phone hasn't rang once! normally this time i've to put people on hold so i can talk to others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I have to get home at some stage ... can't really do that sitting where I am....

+ I was being melodramatic!

I was being melodramatic!

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Ha! You think you have it bad?

I've been in since Wednesday night and im in tonight and every other night until next Wednesday, have thursday off which ain't bad I suppose (/sarcasm). 11-8, leaves me no room for festive beverages, well ... at least no room to sober up before work.

you win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have to do 12 hr shifts every day till Tuesday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads finished at 4 o clock but hes not gonna rant bitch or indeed moan. I've got the Christmas jumper on(Light Blue,red and white stripes,looks a bit skangerish actually), Martin the Weathermans on the radio and i'm just after having a hearthy breakfast. All is well in the world. HaaaaapppY ChrriiisssttmmaaaS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭solicitous

Anyone else in work today / tomorrow / etc?
    6am I get a phone call of doom. Its not as if I'm saving lives either!?
    Now I'm not sure I'll be home in time for turkey.....
    Bah...

sorry I study, so Im not going to get called anywhere! but just thought I'd post some sympathy instead.

Happy Christmas to you anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im in a closed hotel for 8pm-8am Chrsitmas night and the same again the next day. The money is great and Xmass sucks anyway. So Im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I used to like working on Christmas day. Get paid lots, Get lots of Tips, and miss the panic at home of the Turkey cooking. Arrive in from work and sit down to eat dinner. Gotta love it.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Lump wrote:
    Arrive in from work and sit down to eat breakfast. Gotta love it.

Doesn't even feel like xmas to me so I ain't really bothered. The booze limitation now, that is bothering me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

... I said Dinner. I am confused.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

Am in at the mo, having lots of fun...ploughing through the most ginormous box of roses, drinking loads of tea and listening to carols sung by my american namesake (realname). Could just curl up and snooze right now...
    Workn for another hour and then heading home. Have to dial in a few times for the rest of the night then doing the same tomorrow night.
    Don't mind it too much, mammy is cooking the turkey and ham. I'm 'hosting' dinner at mine tomorrow so there's a chance I'll fall asleep into me dinner at some stage....
    Get a week off afterwards tho so it's not too bad.

Happy Christmas everyone by the way...hope ye have a good one wherever ye are..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm in Stephens Day so as i work in a call centre doing desktop support, the Spanish, Portuguese, French are in Monday so guess they don't celebrate xmas as much as we do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm in work tomorrow.

I can't wait.

Already had a couple of massive arguments here at home this evening.. it will be nice to get a break away from it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm in work tomorrow.

I can't wait.

Already had a couple of massive arguments here at home this evening.. it will be nice to get a break away from it tomorrow.

Reason, also i like to be in work on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh.. I meant Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

gurramok wrote:
    I'm in Stephens Day so as i work in a call centre doing desktop support, the Spanish, Portuguese, French are in Monday so guess they don't celebrate xmas as much as we do :)

Actually, they do, but they celebrate the 24th and 25th instead of the 25th and 26th. Christmas Eve is huge in Iberia.

Advertisement