Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options
  • 13-06-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

did a scorecast in local bookmakers on last nights match which won.... i check the price online and wrote it on the docket...

went in today and girl says its a lower price.... 34/1 instead of 40/1...

after ringing head office she paid out but said she wasnt obliged to because online betting is different to the shop betting prices.. they are separate?
    I havent heard this before and always check my phone when im in the bookies when betting.. this is PP by the way..

even if this is true they took the docket so surely they'd have to pay out?.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Odds online are usually different to in shop. Don't think she had to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Odds online are usually different to in shop

Not always true but depends on the markets involved.
    Shops will always do shop only specials and these would be mainly horses doubles & trebles, football matches Doubles & Trebles, 1st goalscorers, a very small amount of correct scores but it would be very rare that a scorecast would be different unless the match betting prices were different.
    Boyles have the same prices in store and online for horses & football (excluding shop enhances), PP have the same prices for Horses & Football, Ladbrokes have the same prices for horses but not for football.

I would think that there was a big gap in the online price and the placement in the shop as Brazil were backed during the day, Coral were Top price 4/11 but went off 3/10 so the prices could have moved.

OOC Did you place the bet on the football machine in the shop per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Not always true but depends on the markets involved.
    Shops will always do shop only specials and these would be mainly horses doubles & trebles, football matches Doubles & Trebles, 1st goalscorers, a very small amount of correct scores but it would be very rare that a scorecast would be different unless the match betting prices were different.
    Boyles have the same prices in store and online for horses & football (excluding shop enhances), PP have the same prices for Horses & Football, Ladbrokes have the same prices for horses but not for football.

I would think that there was a big gap in the online price and the placement in the shop as Brazil were backed during the day, Coral were Top price 4/11 but went off 3/10 so the prices could have moved.

OOC Did you place the bet on the football machine in the shop per chance?

no at the counter, looked up the odds on the web and just put it on a docket

Advertisement